UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Hate? no! Loves you! (potion shuttle)

Mara

Knight
and btw mara if you read back a few pages we actually did givbe him credit for that shit. He is definately a damn good dungeoner. Stop quoting what you want to and disregarding other things. Hate on us all you like. We are here to have fun and play this game not forum troll... lolz... Hey octavian do we even have 15 membrs? and since when do we roll GY with mares... just sayin... and ghosts... come on now dont talk out your ass. WE just support and back our members u want a 1v1 go to the pits you wanna come fight in the field get some friends...

Ah I know guys. You did give him some credit, but you did also try to talk tough after the fact as well - that's why I said it would have been cooler if you had just 'left it at that'. You guys can do your thing. You got me 6v1 down in Fire when I was marking runes, and I gave you your counts cause that's what I do. I got Kash 1v4 though, outside Del. No spawn or anything involved. I do have some tricks up my sleeve.

You must be able to see the analogy to your gameplay though, that if it took 36 people running around together to gank your 6, well that's kind of just silly now isn't it. But to each his/her own. From time to time there have been a few different groups doing their thing like that in dungeons. Nothing new really. A lot of times people realize it's not all that great a way to play after a couple years - when they don't have many people willing or around to fight em anymore.

Reactions: mmp

Addicted

Disciple
I was running around with H8 yesterday and we fought this guy. I'm a newb but it was really fun to watch lol.

I havent been playing my Dungeon Pk much lately with all the excitement in dungeons i might have to start again. The rooms that vid took place in i dont mind so much but i cant even begin to count the times i hit a fire pitt up the stairs at the exact wrong time. When it doesnt count i can dodge every fire pit in the dungeon but when i got 3+ chasing me seems like i eat at least 2. :( Unfortunately my dungeon pk is a mage so out numbered odds gets me every time when im low / out of mana.

Mara

Knight
Well, you can add Evil Poptart to the list of paraganker res-killers. Don't listen to anything that guy says about being a soloist.

damalar

Sorceror
i think if he did carry bolas none would live. maybe the few with mares would give him trouble. but i can remember watching shedevil do the same. im not saying he did it better or not. but there is always someone who can push the odds like that in the dungeons. you tend to see the dexxers do it more often because they need no mana. not having to ever stop for more than his explos makes it alot easier. he does good to avoid all the spawn as well. just hides, detects them so spawn can attack then engages. i would imagine almost everytime they kill him it involved alot of paralyzes. most dexxers arent killed by spawn esp not one with hiding.

Most of the times he dies is when he gets over confident. When he takes his time and plans it out and shit he's pretty successful i dont care who you are. We have actually never para ganked him and we dont para gank many only extreme runners that wands and pots cant catch heh heh. With him it's usually simple mistakes but thats all it takes with 2-5 7x mares down your throat hole.

And if you ask for a 1v1 we will gladly oblige depending on the member. We've had many people want to fight 1v1. and have gotten such. Regardless everyone on this forum just wants to bad mouth and trash people sooo... does it really matter what anyone says?

Mara

Knight
It's not bad mouthing, it's kind of just stating reality, hoping that you might come around to a different way of thinking. It's a normal cycle of events for some players. When they can't kill efficiently even numbers against properly equipped and skilled opponents (with voice comms and party features, if applicable), they rely on ganking. Eventually, after they have played the shard for a long time and now have great skill, they start complaining about the very things they used to do, and also the lack of people to fight. Even then, at that point they typically just hang out in combat free duel zones trying to minimize the risk of fighting even odds against equally skilled and equipped opponents. It's all about the cheapest and easiest kills for some people, instead of actually challenging themselves. I still remember plenty of fights from even four years ago against a lot of the guys that are great now, but played incredibly cheap back then. It's like I somehow have a photographic memory for this game or something.

It's a PVP server. At some point, people have to realize that how you PVP isn't everything, it's the only thing.

Crap. Been breaking one of my new year's rules by posting/talking about this stuff. That will be my last.

I never mind getting ganked even if they use rediculously over needed tactics, the only time i have a problem is if they refuse to fight in a solo encounter after i heal their dump (if i heal their dump), if they then retreat till back up arrives i get irked. Otherwise i just stock back up and find my next death.

I do understand the mindset of gank squads reducing the number of people willing to engage in combat, some people can only get horribly ganked and camped for so long before they find their taste wondering from the game all together.

Aitne

Page
I never mind getting ganked even if they use rediculously over needed tactics, the only time i have a problem is if they refuse to fight in a solo encounter after i heal their dump (if i heal their dump), if they then retreat till back up arrives i get irked. Otherwise i just stock back up and find my next death.

I do understand the mindset of gank squads reducing the number of people willing to engage in combat, some people can only get horribly ganked and camped for so long before they find their taste wondering from the game all together.
no one is really required to have to fight you in a 1v1 environment.. they are running around with a group to play in a group or field, like someone else said in this thread, if you're getting ganked find people to play with, i just take it as a compliment when someone runs out at me with 3-4 people when i'm killing them 1v1, people looking for 1v1s should be in the duel pits so i don't have to duel the same two people for hours : /

not saying people have to be disrespectful or not accept a 1v1... but its just kind of retarded when i see people running around spamming 1v1 on the outskirts of a group because they're mad they got ganked, as if those 5 people are suppose to sit and wait for the person they're partied with to go and duel, i understand asking for it, but demanding it is kind of using the same mindset, idk

isn't really the ganksquads that discourage people, its the shit-talk and griefing... the "non-honorable way of pvp," beyond that... a lot of people are just unwilling to go and fight a challenge or something against odds unless they feel secure... a really good example of that is whenever me and shake go outside of delucia... all of a sudden there is like 5+ blues walking around us :/ as soon as we go back in, they go back in, we run around, we fight un-even odds.. yeah we die a lot, we also kill a lot, and when we do die, we go restock, and go back out, instead of killing someone once and then talking shit for the remainder of however long, or vanishing after one kill happens

Mara

Knight
no one is really required to have to fight you in a 1v1 environment.. they are running around with a group to play in a group or field, like someone else said in this thread, if you're getting ganked find people to play with, i just take it as a compliment when someone runs out at me with 3-4 people when i'm killing them 1v1, people looking for 1v1s should be in the duel pits so i don't have to duel the same two people for hours : /

The reality is that the duel pits have nothing to do with UO. They are not UO, as great as they are for doing certain things. They are risk free PVP. Neither are the combat-free zones that people hide out in. It's a complete joke for a felucca ruleset, and they should have been removed forever ago, but that is what people have come to love so they are here to stay. There is always a bigger group to be made than what the gankers have, and I assure you these types will not fight the same odds they gank at and keep coming out to play. It's not really even about getting a 1v1 whenever, wherever, it's about keeping it somewhat sporting and not completely unreasonable.

People play cheap, and drive the PVP scene into the ground like a jackhammer, and wonder what the fuck happened to the shard. Having the 'Play To Win' mentality is fine if you want to dominate for a short time. The problem is the game doesn't stay the same, it changes, and slowly dies. People just don't know how great a game they are missing out on. Never will.

Still failed like plenty before me, but I guess I gave it my best shot. Would be different if people wanted conformity to something worthwhile. Long past time to set this broken record aside.

mattang

Wanderer
dueling someone is funny usually when you keep winning with a certain rule set they will complain about your tactics i remember using mindblast to rape someone in a duel over and over again eventually they were like change the rule set no mb and i was like ok youll probably win wouldnt you know it he did but i see this alot when people cant win a certain rule set they will complain get their changes then win probably followed with shit talk calling you a noob for not being

Mara

Knight
Let's face it, even now Roman the Insane has turned into a shit-talking paraganking beetle trapping house hider. There is just no one left to look up to anymore.

I may call on some of the few that I still respect to wipe these people off the shard. Your anonymity will be guaranteed. People really don't give a fuck.

Dont get me wrong i do not expect their friends to chill while they fight me one v one, i never ask them to in the field. I get irked when they come out alone and try to solo me but if i heal their first dump they run away and come back with friends. If the friends are already their i understand its how they are rolling, but its when they try 1v1 fail one dump, not even a series of dumps just one, and they take off like you wouldnt believe, and come right back within 2 minutes with a group.

The reality is that the duel pits have nothing to do with UO. They are not UO, as great as they are for doing certain things. They are risk free PVP. Neither are the combat-free zones that people hide out in. It's a complete joke for a felucca ruleset, and they should have been removed forever ago, but that is what people have come to love so they are here to stay. There is always a bigger group to be made than what the gankers have, and I assure you these types will not fight the same odds they gank at and keep coming out to play. It's not really even about getting a 1v1 whenever, wherever, it's about keeping it somewhat sporting and not completely unreasonable.

People play cheap, and drive the PVP scene into the ground like a jackhammer, and wonder what the fuck happened to the shard. Having the 'Play To Win' mentality is fine if you want to dominate for a short time. The problem is the game doesn't stay the same, it changes, and slowly dies. People just don't know how great a game they are missing out on. Never will.

Still failed like plenty before me, but I guess I gave it my best shot. Would be different if people wanted conformity to something worthwhile. Long past time to set this broken record aside.

Uo isnt the same especially on hybird. the duel pits are the only reason i still play this shard and this game

Mara

Knight
I know people love them. That's why they aren't going anywhere. It's still risk-free consentual PVP where you completely eliminate the success of many templates and various aspects of the game, including the element of surprise. In field PVP, you have to be prepared to fight any template at all times. It's a lot more work and effort to stock for that. Many people don't like having to worry about armor, wands, and all that. I never said anything about it not taking great skill to be a top level duelist. It does. No doubt.

The whole combat free zones, and people running in and out, pulling bars ahead of time, etc. - geez, what a crap way to play UO, and that's what a lot of folks do these days. Very bastardized setup for a felucca facet, laughable even.

But yeah, I know people love to duel. I think the duel pits are great for some things, and the shard would lose a lot of people if they were ever gone. People just aren't playing UO anymore. They are playing something else.

Kind of done saying my deal though. Shard just doesn't have many people left that see things the way I do. Gonna finish up some things, and then if I'm still around after that, things probably get real ugly. I hope you're not one of the guys I'll be hunting with a vengeance. There's a lot of them. Lot of dudes that people think are nice nice. I'm out.

mattang

Wanderer
Dont get me wrong i do not expect their friends to chill while they fight me one v one, i never ask them to in the field. I get irked when they come out alone and try to solo me but if i heal their first dump they run away and come back with friends. If the friends are already their i understand its how they are rolling, but its when they try 1v1 fail one dump, not even a series of dumps just one, and they take off like you wouldnt believe, and come right back within 2 minutes with a group.
its really sad when they call in one other person and cant kill you until you run out of regs

damalar

Sorceror
The fact is this is one of the longest running debates of UO in general IMO. I have always pvp'd and will always pvp. Like a domino affect to be completely honest. Take me for example I came to this shard made a tamer got a nice stockpile going and concentrated on pvp. I started out running around by myself or with the few friends i brought here with me, but Jap gank squads and others made that impossible. So I found a group of people to run with o even the odds. Fact is I run around dungeons and the field looking for reds PRIMARILY. But I am red, and if I see a blue I will take them out simple as that.

Like the other day I ran across two unmounted blues at cove mare, I killed them then realized their accounts were newbie. So I let them rez gave them their shit and then because I am actually a pretty decent guy hooked them up with a nice house and loads of regs armors weapons and cash. Now I take them out and run protection for them while they farm. Come to find out their whole family and friends came all at once so I in the process of helping 2 people out gave 6 people a good start on this shard. Unlike the beginning i had here. I fought through the ganks in dungeons and the Peekays I adapted and now I am pretty secure. This is a PvP shard and it isn't easy to get a good start here. I wish I had someone to do for me what I do for others. People cry and whine in game and on forums because they have no patience. The fact is you can farm on this shard without anyone getting you just gotta know how to do it or where to do it. The general concensus on this shard is you will get ganked or rolled on anytime anywhere, to think any different is ignorance. That's how this shard is and will continue. If your a blue farming keep no counts and macro a recall hotkey,a nd run protection while farming. Pretty easy. My tamer is a peacer disco with no med or resist or eval... but he hasnt died in almost 3 months other then idocs. So it isnt hard to stay alive just gotta put the effort in to do so. And if your red and choose to run solo then you ask for what will happen. There are plenty of guilds to join and not be alone. I love when people talk about honorable pvp, THERE IS NO SUCH THING. Murdering people in a VIDEO game is not suppose to be honorable. It's suppose to be fun and about one uping the guy in front you. If you rage and get all bent out of shape about dieing then you should find another hobby.

It also isn't that difficult to stock yourself. Most times I kill someone I rez and barely loot. If I am low on a reg or certain pot I will loot what I need, I loot wands and other high priced items but general leave 90% of the loot. Only exception to this is big group pvpin against another group. I will loot you so you have to resupply either by someone else in your party or at yoour house or at the bank. Why kill you and not loot you? so you can come back 10 seconds later get your shit and come back and try ot kill me? Nuh uh dont think so hahaha.

Mara

Knight
There is such a thing as honorable or reasonable PVP. You just don't know it or don't give a shit, and when the time comes to face the same odds you gank at, you're gonna realize that your idea of PVP is straight shit, cause you are gonna log out or hide in the pits like all the other crackers that think they are still playing UO.

Watch your backs. Pick your friends wisely. Everything is on the table.

Total War has begun.

damalar

Sorceror
Listen hun... first things first I have been ganked at the same odds happens quite a lot actually cause I do run solo quite a lot. Secondly I don't log out when I die nor do I hide in the pits... I DONT SIT THE PITS as I am sure you do. Must to have so much time to spend here on the forums. You blah blah blah this and blah blah blah that... you rage when you die don't ya sweetheart? Haha, and total war has begun... where the hell you been? OH yea that's right bank sitting or pit sitting, gotcha, cause it has actually been pretty hairy in dungeons and field as of late. So catch up with the times and get your head out of your ass. Funniest thing is thats all you pulled from my entire thread.. so yea I am pretty sure you ragin right now ahaha. Sad fucking sad. Bring as many as you want to the dungeons I like impossible odds, make sure you pouch your loot for me. Hope your pvp isn't as sloppy as your attitude hahaha.

Mara

Knight
You're sure about that? I don't spend any time bank sitting or in the pits. You can ask anyone how much time I spend at either - you won't find 1 - not even 1 - that will say I spend any time in either.

I'm not raging mate. I'm not going after characters, I'm going to go after the players, and wipe them off the shard. My PVP sloppy? Please - I've killed plenty of top 100 duelists that think they are hot shit - time and again, you just can't get them out in the field in a fair fight very often. Like I said, everything is on the table. Guild infiltration, you name it. One way or another, dudes like you are fucked.