UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

How many of you are religious!

Pick one

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cebrious Arcane

Forum Murderer
Re: How many of you are religious!

Oh sure... I go to lunch and this turns into an awesome thread. I've got some reading to do, I'll rant in a couple.

Clover

Sorceror

kio123;1418855 said:
well if you consider taking doughters as wifes and burying them alive yeah they lived there all before everyone

I'd like to see where you got that scholarly piece of information.

ToRnhatesyou

Wanderer

Clover;1418839 said:
Wow. Yes, people are fighting for the "holy land". The Hebrews [now known as Jews] lived in Israel before Islam ever existed. Before the crusades, the Jews lost their land to the Islamic people. After the crusades it was given back and ever since then it as been fought over. This is one war that I am for sure that Israel is fighting for the right cause. I do NOT call either terrorists, because they are in a war over faith... and I don't agree with either's religion... and I also don't believe killing over religion is right, but they don't give two shits what I think [kind of like most the people posting in this thrd].

Not to live with guilt? Are you joking? It's the opposite. People who are religious HAVE guilt. Probably more than those that aren't religious. That statement wasn't your best sir... I've yet to see one though.

I don't even understand the last part of that. What? Do you even know what you're saying or do you just like to prove a point that is, so far, is non-existent. Honestly, I've read the same arguements from those that don't follow religion. I'd like to see a new argument.

Oh and as Jester said, and I've said in a few of my posts, the bible isn't to be taken literally, it's to be taken as a guide to live your life. A guide. Just because there is something in the guide, doesn't mean it applies to your life and the way you should live.

this wasnt a personal attack to you but im glad you made it one :)

its funny how you took great offense to a statement that has not one bit of lie

you might have guilt for the bad things you do but you wont live with them (as will i or any other half decent non religious person)you will just sit there and pray and ask for forgiveness and becuase you believe its that easy and you will continue doing it

if you didnt understand the last part read the bible :)

btw i used to be christian but realized its false hope, I dont prey for things to get better i make it get better :)

OffMyJohnson

Wanderer

kio123;1418819 said:
is that so? if crusades and witch burns didnt happen you would be having babies on your dinner plates now

wait hold on a sec... are you saying that you agree with burning teenage girls based upon gossip and speculation alone.

Megumi

Wanderer

Cebrious Arcane;1418859 said:
Oh sure... I go to lunch and this turns into an awesome thread. I've got some reading to do, I'll rant in a couple.

wondered why you were so quiet... looking forward to it.

Clover

Sorceror

ToRnhatesyou;1418862 said:
this wasnt a personal attack to you but im glad you made it one :)

its funny how you took great offense to a statement that has not one bit of lie

you might have guilt for the bad things you do but you wont live with them (as will i or any other half decent non religious person)you will just sit there and pray and ask for forgiveness and becuase you believe its that easy and you will continue doing it

if you didnt understand the last part read the bible :)

btw i used to be christian but realized its false hope, I dont prey for things to get better i make it get better :)

How do you know I don't live with them? You are not me and you do not know how I think, feel, or act. I live with tremendous guilt for things I have done in the past. I'm the kind of person that will tell on myself because I don't feel right not having someone know the "wrong" I have done [if it affects them]. Everyone makes mistakes that sometimes it takes them more than once to not do it again. That doesn't make religion and religious people wrong. Even the bible said that no one is perfect, and if you believe so then you will not be welcomed into heaven.

The religious people I know, like my grandparents, are some of the most spirited people I've yet to meet. Constantly happy with a positive outlook on life, even if something doesn't go their way. My Grandpa's favorite saying is, "It could be worse..." and I try to live my life thinking the same way they do. They've devoted their lives to their religion and have truly lived wonderful lives that have been for others and rarely for themselves. They give so met and take so little and it's not because they want into heaven, it's because doing so makes them feel like they actually accomplished something in their lives.

OffMyJohnson

Wanderer

kio123;1418824 said:
what proof is that? a history book? you believe in the only book that says "its scietficaly not" and ignore the rest? divine jesus was proved scietifically too why do you ignore that one?

atheists are amazing. they dont believe in religion becouse its all just a book but they probably read their all mighty non beliving ideas in another book themselves

there is plenty of archeological evidence agreeing with me. i have yet found a book are a discorvery channel special saying "hey guy we found evidence that suggests that Jesus Christ was divine.

if you know of such a book please pm me a link to it so a may purchase it.

AlphaN3rd

Wanderer

Nicolai;1418851 said:
Wow I just realized how pointless this thread is.

Which is sad because Ive taken part in hundreds of other pointless religion threads and yet I keep coming back for more.

It's not entirely pointless. Making xtians rage is kinda fun :)

Clover

Sorceror

OffMyJohnson;1418880 said:
there is plenty of archeological evidence agreeing with me. i have yet found a book are a discorvery channel special saying "hey guy we found evidence that suggests that Jesus Christ was divine.

if you know of such a book please pm me a link to it so a may purchase it.

Jesus Christ being devine depends on the religion. Christianity believes he was devine, Islam and the Jewish religion do not. They believe there was a Jesus Christ and that he was a prophet, but he was not the only son of God.

If you're going to generalize all religions then perhaps you should make your statements less specific. Otherwise you need to pic a religion when talking about specific details because not all religions think and believe the same thing.

I'd pick option 1, but it doesn't cover everything. I don't follow a religion, but that doesn't make someone atheist. Therefore I make option 4: Agnostic.

why have faith? why believe in God? because you can never truly know anything.

if you examine yourself and the world for exactly what it is. you'll come to something that cannot be answered. are you examing an external world? or are you examining yourself? are these maps and laws of the universe maps and laws of an external world or maps and laws of me? you take it deeper and deeper and you will come to the realization that everything you've ever known about an external reality is "filtered" by your own nervous system. you can never know if what is being set before you is external truth or your own truth. and from here we go into realization that you're nothing but an ego.

believe in what you want. perhaps some day you'll search for truth. it's all right inside of you.

Clover

Sorceror

AlphaN3rd;1418884 said:
It's not entirely pointless. Making xtians rage is kinda fun :)

Not everyone in here is Christian. Perhaps you should backtrack a little. Yes, I am Catholic, which is basically a branch of Christian.

I'm not raging, I'm just defending what I believe. If you're going to come at me with knives, I'm going to put a shield up. It's only natural :>

kio123

Knight

suil ban is german and is 15 yrs old and roleplays. even the thought makes me strange

Megumi

Wanderer

kio123;1418898 said:
suil ban is german and is 15 yrs old and roleplays. even the thought makes me strange

He's American but situated in Germany.

ToRnhatesyou

Wanderer

Clover;1418879 said:
How do you know I don't live with them? You are not me and you do not know how I think, feel, or act. I live with tremendous guilt for things I have done in the past. I'm the kind of person that will tell on myself because I don't feel right not having someone know the "wrong" I have done [if it affects them]. Everyone makes mistakes that sometimes it takes them more than once to not do it again. That doesn't make religion and religious people wrong. Even the bible said that no one is perfect, and if you believe so then you will not be welcomed into heaven.

The religious people I know, like my grandparents, are some of the most spirited people I've yet to meet. Constantly happy with a positive outlook on life, even if something doesn't go their way. My Grandpa's favorite saying is, "It could be worse..." and I try to live my life thinking the same way they do. They've devoted their lives to their religion and have truly lived wonderful lives that have been for others and rarely for themselves. They give so met and take so little and it's not because they want into heaven, it's because doing so makes them feel like they actually accomplished something in their lives.

do you ask for forgiveness after you have done theese wrongs?

kio123

Knight

doesnt matter. hes german
german
german
german
german
german
german
german
german
german
german
german
german
german
german
german
german
german
german
german

OffMyJohnson

Wanderer

Clover;1418826 said:
I actually get something out of church now so I feel good about good. I don't feel like it was a waste of my time.

Oh, and thanks for the bad rep in this thread guys. Real mature.

Thats great that you found that praying and going to church makes you feel good. cause in reality thats all that matters at the end of the day.

shit i'm completely content right now. i'm far from religious.

Status
Not open for further replies.