UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

I've got a secret...

Status
Not open for further replies.

erendor

Wanderer
Re: I've got a secret...

For those of you who didn't read it, perhaps reading the first two paragraps could have shed some light. Namely, the second.

I'll try to keep this organized as possible, cuz you may see some signs of circular logic. Also for you skimmers, i'll try to bold certain points that i feel are very worthwhile to read.. Anyway, on with the show...

Edit: Enough off topic posts, please. While reminiscing about the good old days is nice, try and either combine it with ideas/discussion, or save it for another day.

Que Cee

Sorceror

Decent points, the ability to be completely self-dependant on here really takes from the feel of UO. This server has changed alot since skill gains were put on steroids, heh. Need more of a motivation to do things on here, the champ spawns could be potential but I don't know :confused: .

drakrum-hybrid

Sorceror

Great post Blahgod, I'm just afraid that something of the formentioned things will cause changes, if read by some staff, that inturn will effect more than its purpose. But that was an excellent post and I agree with you.

R

Ryan

YOU are so annoying... thats for the guy above me.

K

kottonmouth_02

honestly i think it would be good to disperse prices in different cities

in one city item a is expensive item b is cheap
in the other city item B is expensive...item A is cheap

that will add alot of ppl to other cities
i mean they've already done that with brit...but it could be broadened and expanded

also a bigger playerbase is a great idea...but in order to do that we need to bring people in..and i think thats another reason why some of these changes were implemented...because more people wanted them than DIDN'T want them

in essence...alot of dfi players could come over here

We're the dominant shard, but we need to STAY that way. We've already taken the hardware to the max that can support the playerbase...now lets finish the job and bring in more people :) *thumbs up*

K

kottonmouth_02

and i miss bk walls :(

those were some of the best times...why? i dunno...ive had many a good times on uo from many a things. But there was something about bone knight walls that was very entertaining.

drakrum-hybrid

Sorceror

CrazyJoey said:
exactly what i was gonna say, too lazy atm

Wow keep it mature? He didnt ask you to tell the whole entire forum community that you are to lazy to read a post.

I'll tell you what you can do since your to lazy to read this post.. spend the exact amount of time it would take you to read this post and learn pvp.

K

kottonmouth_02

drakrum said:
Wow keep it mature? He didnt ask you to tell the whole entire forum community that you are to lazy to read a post.

I'll tell you what you can do since your to lazy to read this post.. spend the exact amount of time it would take you to read this post and learn pvp.

wow that was dumb dude

Lynyrd

Knight

How long did that take you to type and proofread, and what do you think you gained by typing it? It pretty much sums up all the crap that blind idiots whine about and rolls in into one stinking pile of feces.

ForsakenVamp

Wanderer

blahgod, Props to you for your post. I agree with you completely. I believe that there needs to be more PLAYER RUN events on this shard. I would absolutely love to see the YMCA brought back, to have story telling competitions, or Fight Night on Fridays, or scavenger hunts. Anything that the players organize would help make the shard feel... "well rounded."

r33n

Knight

nice post man.. its good to see intelligent comments on this forum for once.. even better to see unbiased intelligent comments at that. he stated his opinion but also kept it two-sided. If you don't like what he had to write, then explain why you disagree, stop adding stupid posts to this thread unless you have something intelligent to say.

Its unfortunate because the old-uo that i loved as well, is gone.. we can make all the rules the same but times have changed and people have changed.. All of the people that were teenagers at the time the game came out are now in their 20's or maybe 30's and we are all just too damn lazy to build up characters again by sitting at the bone knights :( I agree it was extremely fun on the old servers, but its also extremely fun here, both for different reasons. I am very grateful for this server and no matter how much i disagree with the changes they make, I can't get mad cause im essentially playing a free server. Everyone just try to have fun, and again, I commend you on your post thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.

K

kottonmouth_02

Surreal said:
blahgod, Props to you for your post. I agree with you completely. I believe that there needs to be more PLAYER RUN events on this shard. I would absolutely love to see the YMCA brought back, to have story telling competitions, or Fight Night on Fridays, or scavenger hunts. Anything that the players organize would help make the shard feel... "well rounded."

if they'd open up the human chessboard in nujel'm i would like to hold a player run human chess tournament and award the winning team/last men standing

that'd be an awesome player run event

anybody ever go to medieval times? or scarborough fair? :D

ForsakenVamp

Wanderer

kottonmouth_02 said:
if they'd open up the human chessboard in nujel'm i would like to hold a player run human chess tournament and award the winning team/last men standing

that'd be an awesome player run event

anybody ever go to medieval times? or scarborough fair? :D

Thats exactly what needs done! Is players making events. Thats what creates the perception of a 'community' that some people would say is missing. Perhaps some people should get together and create a player run events committee?

K

kottonmouth_02

Surreal said:
Thats exactly what needs done! Is players making events. Thats what creates the perception of a 'community' that some people would say is missing. Perhaps some people should get together and create a player run events committee?

if that were done

I would love to participate in creating/making/thinking of cool events that are different from your standard pvp tournies. (Although those are great, variety is always a good thing.)

Irina was awesome with events (for those of you who didn't like them and flamed her for them...**** you) Irina was awesome. period.

But being that said, now that shes gone we need to replace that with other people with the same passions of doing different things and holding the out of the ordinary events, but are in their own cool ways, for their own cool reasons.

This would bring alot to the community and probably would draw in more of a playerbase. Other shards don't have the variety either...IE. DFI (our probly only competitor). Why not jump even more of a step ahead of the others.

Mr.Mischief

Sorceror

Dr. Jones said:
Listen Numnuts, 1st of all, UO will never be like it was. And if you think a few people can change it back to the days of old, You need to stop playing with your self.

Anyone else have any idea as to who the **** Dr. Jones is?

I didn't think so.

Mr.Mischief

Sorceror

btw this game is *** because there is no sense of community, on OSI, the average player age wasn't between 11-15, so people we're mature about the game. UOG is a battle for e-peen, and little more, for most people, whether they admit it or not.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the days of old UO returned, but it won't happen.

Boris-hybrid

Wanderer

By far the most well thought out post i'v seen. Im shocked at the people who reply with stupid comments saying its dumb or whatever. He brings up good points and with good arguments, i cant fathom how anyone can insult him.

ForsakenVamp

Wanderer

Mr.Mischief said:
btw this game is *** because there is no sense of community, on OSI, the average player age wasn't between 11-15, so people we're mature about the game. UOG is a battle for e-peen, and little more, for most people, whether they admit it or not.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the days of old UO returned, but it won't happen.

So, it keeps coming back to community. We really need to just find a way to make people relate to eachother. Mischief is right, there are several immature people that will nay-say any form of a community 'activity' or 'bond' before it ever happened. You just have to work with it though, not everyone is crazed to increase their 'e-peen' as it's been put. People like stuff, events with prizes, the problem is that player run events might not get enough attention or respect because of the over-common tourneys held. I think if enough people would be persuaded to participate in a player run event other people would follow. The trick is getting enough there to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.