UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Threads about hz get deleted or moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slugworth

Squire
Punked out? I only joined 2-3 different times because kurrupted joined 2-3 different times. He quit/ stop playing. So did I.

My point was that 99% of players want to win, and they want to win no matter what macros they need to use.

Mb was just the first one to write good macros and share with the rest of his team.

When I was in your guild the first time, most people were trying to recreate those same macros.

Now they either have or someone from hz shared them all.

So don't act like either guild is more noble than the other. Your both using UOsteam.

Now this game has trash mechanics, and takes nearly no skill.
Hey! bad people at this game take proud in their MACROS.

Slugworth

Squire
The funny thing is, we've both probably been on this shard for 10+ years.

And the reason we don't play really isn't because it's old.

If this shard had the mechanics/population/razor it did from 07-10 I'd still be hype about it.
and people always wonder why I am so in active and talk shit about it and then I get responses like just fucking quit then. Well it's kind of hard to quit when you have been on this server for years and seen it at it's best and at it's worst and when Ultima Online is one of your favorite games. It's just not the same anymore :(.

Mister Pink

Squire
The funny thing is, we've both probably been on this shard for 10+ years.

And the reason we don't play really isn't because it's old.

If this shard had the mechanics/population/razor it did from 07-10 I'd still be hype about it.

I hated Razor because I would crash alot and my targets would get buggy, but I agree Steam macros have become too prevalent. It seems to be the norm, that people go for a stun when you are at a certain life percentage and then they just press 1 button to try and finish you off. Don't get me wrong I'm not completely innocent of using multi-line macros, but if it was a level playing field with limits on macro length then I'd prefer that over what we have now. It makes the game more fun than it currently is. We all love this old game because there is nothing else like it. Unfortunately not many good AOS servers out there, believe me I have tried, but I feel like Demise isn't a complete lost cause. It just needs to moderate Steam if at all possible.

kolbycrouch

Knight
and people always wonder why I am so in active and talk shit about it and then I get responses like just fucking quit then. Well it's kind of hard to quit when you have been on this server for years and seen it at it's best and at it's worst and when Ultima Online is one of your favorite games. It's just not the same anymore :(.
I just wish the staff had the SMALLEST concern for balance.

I used to play like 15 different mage templates that were all viable in nearly all situations.

It was like literally the week steam came out, these players I've been killing 1v2 1v3 1v4 etc for years, can heal through my damage 1v1 for 15 minutes before dying.

Slugworth

Squire
I hated Razor because I would crash alot and my targets would get buggy, but I agree Steam macros have become too prevalent. It seems to be the norm, that people go for a stun when you are at a certain life percentage and then they just press 1 button to try and finish you off. Don't get me wrong I'm not completely innocent of using multi-line macros, but if it was a level playing field with limits on macro length then I'd prefer that over what we have now. It makes the game more fun than it currently is. We all love this old game because there is nothing else like it. Unfortunately not many good AOS servers out there, believe me I have tried, but I feel like Demise isn't a complete lost cause. It just needs to moderate Steam if at all possible.
If that's the case of people mostly using it to so stop there game crashing then why can't the staff just dumb down Steam and make it like Razor and then all problems would be solved.

kolbycrouch

Knight
I know what your saying about razor.

But it's easier to fix a few bugs that everyone knew about, than to write a whole new program and THEN allow it.

Some other mechanics have changed unrelated to assistants, mainly dexxer utility skills that killed their viability.

in the solo context UOsteam is broken, in the group context, if the macro's are written properly, it's one of most laughably broken things I've seen allowed on a video game.

Slugworth

Squire
I just wish the staff had the SMALLEST concern for balance.

I used to play like 15 different mage templates that were all viable in nearly all situations.

It was like literally the week steam came out, these players I've been killing 1v2 1v3 1v4 etc for years, can heal through my damage 1v1 for 15 minutes before dying.
Yeah, it doesn't make them a better player. There spell play is still shit and they still can't kill someone for shit, all it does is make them survive a little bit longer which gets a little annoying after awhile lol. If I want to play a game where it takes a year to kill someone then i'd go play GW2 or WoW.

Mister Pink

Squire

I used to be one of those players that would say, just quit then, but I partially agree with you on Steam macros being too prevalent. I understand your plight. I got frustrated with you about it because it was something you would bring up regularly on guild skype chat and to be honest I felt you were somewhat preaching to the choir, a choir that had no impact on decisions for the shard. This server isn't dogshit though, It isn't beyond repair. I think you know that as well, which is why you are still around. I just wish staff would look into improving the pvp scene more. Lich Lording my thread about target share in steam was disappointing, even though I tried to keep the post on topic, and away from guild vs guild conflict.

kolbycrouch

Knight
Yeah, it doesn't make them a better player. There spell play is still shit and they still can't kill someone for shit, all it does is make them survive a little bit longer which gets a little annoying after awhile lol. If I want to play a game where it takes a year to kill someone then i'd go play GW2 or WoW.
its hard as a solo player.

I used to raid china in the middle of the night and kill people 1v5 1v6 easy, a combination of better spell play, them fizzling their offensive and defensive skills, and not syncing any good stuns/dumps on me.

All of those things can just be done for you by steam now. Kills my playstyle.

Slugworth

Squire
I used to be one of those players that would say, just quit then, but I partially agree with you on Steam macros being too prevalent. I understand your plight. I got frustrated with you about it because it was something you would bring up regularly on guild skype chat and to be honest I felt you were somewhat preaching to the choir, a choir that had no impact on decisions for the shard. This server isn't dogshit though, It isn't beyond repair. I think you know that as well, which is why you are still around. I just wish staff would look into improving the pvp scene more. Lich Lording my thread about target share in steam was disappointing, even though I tried to keep the post on topic, and away from guild vs guild conflict.
I would preach about it because I see too many people in your guild that just simply relies on it, and you should never rely on it. Just makes me sick, but i'm not gonna get into about Steam right now, I just want the staff to spice some things up and change some things.

kolbycrouch

Knight
It isn't beyond repair.
While I don't mean to be a pessimist. What makes you think they would consider balance now? It really would be a first in over 10 years.

Staff doesn't pvp, staff aren't game designers for League of Legends who sit in a room and break mechanics down like a science, they just kinda implement things like OSI does, and when Ryans buddy comes along wanting to release his cool new assistant, "Meh go ahead what harm could it do?"

Mister Pink

Squire
While I don't mean to be a pessimist. What makes you think they would consider balance now? It really would be a first in over 10 years.

Staff doesn't pvp, staff aren't game designers for League of Legends who sit in a room and break mechanics down like a science, they just kinda implement things like OSI does, and when Ryans buddy comes along wanting to release his cool new assistant, "Meh go ahead what harm could it do?"

Granted everyone's experience is different, and some players are more macro reliant than others, but I still have fun here. Balance is a fickle thing and you're right it's a constant thing to keep balance in a game, but I don't think it's unrealistic for Demise to implement a few changes and increase it in pvp.

kolbycrouch

Knight
Granted everyone's experience is different, and some players are more macro reliant than others, but I still have fun here. Balance is a fickle thing and you're right it's a constant thing to keep balance in a game, but I don't think it's unrealistic for Demise to implement a few changes and increase it in pvp.
I'm always optimistic, but history has proven otherwise.

There is still forums though, and the like button. I like the like button.

Everybody needs to add me to their skype chats.

I promise I won't do any spying, unless @Ajani needs me to.

april0395

Sorceror
If I start an 8Bit skype chat, we'll discuss on adding you into our fold. We'll have to discuss the pros and cons of having a spy for a spy in our chat. :sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.