UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Advanced Notice - Update your client!

wkstrm

Lord
Re: Advanced Notice - Update your client!

Global pilcher;1971127 said:
Sounds like im gonna wait on updating client.exe; I dont run treehack of mods; all that i have heard is from guys who run the edited files/./

Is anyone who doesnt use modifications having problems once fully updated to 7.0 ??

im at like 6.0.9.2 or so. and i cant be bothered to update fully if its just going to crash every ten seconds !

I updated this morning on a unmodified client. worked 100%

Characters not having packs in their gump sure makes thieving a pita... looks like I'll have to wait till they update sallos ? :(

namlamina;1971041 said:
Wait... is that forreal? I mean, I've seen some mods that do that on other shards long ago... but does your mod really have all the large portraits display that image?!

Of Course!!

Who else would I rather see..

wait..

Think Jessica Alba would get offended if I put her in my UO??

Mara

Knight

Who sold their soul to be a gargoyle necromancer for Halloween?

Mara

Knight

Not sure if you have already tried it or not Amazonia, but maybe doing a full reinstall is needed. It is what I had to do, since I screwed up my client for future patching by running uopatch.exe when there were still incomplete files left in my patch folder. I used the old Mondain's Legacy client installer that I had, but I'm sure Tessa's Cove has a client to download. First I uninstalled the old client, then I manually deleted files left in the patch folder, then installed new client. Once I installed the client, I used uopatch.exe and it patched only part way for some reason. When I ran razor, it patched the rest of the way and that was pretty much it.

If you use UOAutomap, make copies of all your .map and .bmp files now before you update to the most recent clients. UOautomap won't let you create new bitmaps, used for drawing the maps faster, once you are fully patched. After patching the client (if you get it done), UOAutomap will prompt you to make new maps since the UO client's map files changed, Select slower and hit Ok for all the maps, and then when that is done, copy back in all the bmps you made before into your UOAutomap folder.

Amazonia

Sorceror

Par. 1: Of uo or razor the full reinstall?
Par. 2: I dont have uo auto map

Mara

Knight

Part 1: Full reinstall of UO is what I was talking about. When you uninstall UO, it sometimes leaves files in the folder 'patch' which you want to make sure to delete manually too.

Part 2: No worries. Just trying to save you a headache if you did.

FacePump

Knight

think we can get the town criers to say something directing people here about the updates.. .. only reason i knew of this is i saw a quoted post.. thanks

sorry i live in a cave :(

I live in the cave across the street. Somebody's dog has been shitting at your cave entrance daily for the past few weeks; I was going to tell you early but I was reading about patch woes/goes/oh's&noes. I'm doing mine now and will run ultradefrag a couple times in compact mode thereafter :)

DonkyDong

Wanderer

I'm getting randomly shut down since I patched. Sucks when your in the middle of a trade with a unblessed item. So how can I find this new town?

zoo york

Knight

DonkyDong;1972114 said:
I'm getting randomly shut down since I patched. Sucks when your in the middle of a trade with a unblessed item. So how can I find this new town?
Same thing is happening to me, usually when I leave a client window minimized while I'm browsing or something. Was fine before the update. Not sure what the deal is, nothing else has changed.

zoo york;1972284 said:
Same thing is happening to me, usually when I leave a client window minimized while I'm browsing or something. Was fine before the update. Not sure what the deal is, nothing else has changed.

This has been happening to me since I started playing on Hybrid, and it seems to be completely random. It happens much less frequently on stable internet connections with not a lot of processes running in the background and with anti-virus stuff disabled (ONLY WHILE YOU PLAY UO, NOT WHILE YOU ARE DOING ANYTHING ELSE). Alternatively, exclude anything UO related from AV scanning, and if your router supports QOS, set it up to prioritize packets to the uogamers subnet.

7.0.1.1 for me is actually much more stable and responsive with fewer "wtf gd pos" moments when doing things, especially razor actions, than before. I suppose runuo updates will also decrease the likelihood of these things happening when Ryan and Mark have some time. I owe them both at least a case of beer each and good Kona coffee for all the rest. PM me if you have any problems patching/crashing, and I'll try to help you.

Certifications: CompTIA: A+, CompTIA: Network+, Microsoft: MCSA 2k3
Studying now: subverting the windows kernel, Cisco CCNP, CISSP, various SANS courses.

8-ballcorner

Wanderer

since i have patched i can not stay at a bank for long without moving or client crashes and sometime even when i am moving which suck i was talking to some guild members yesterday and crashed three times in like 30 or 40 mins i crash sometimes even when i am running around in town but have no problems outside of town so far

zoo york

Knight

derreisender;1972438 said:
This has been happening to me since I started playing on Hybrid, and it seems to be completely random. It happens much less frequently on stable internet connections with not a lot of processes running in the background and with anti-virus stuff disabled (ONLY WHILE YOU PLAY UO, NOT WHILE YOU ARE DOING ANYTHING ELSE). Alternatively, exclude anything UO related from AV scanning, and if your router supports QOS, set it up to prioritize packets to the uogamers subnet.

7.0.1.1 for me is actually much more stable and responsive with fewer "wtf gd pos" moments when doing things, especially razor actions, than before. I suppose runuo updates will also decrease the likelihood of these things happening when Ryan and Mark have some time. I owe them both at least a case of beer each and good Kona coffee for all the rest. PM me if you have any problems patching/crashing, and I'll try to help you.

Certifications: CompTIA: A+, CompTIA: Network+, Microsoft: MCSA 2k3
Studying now: subverting the windows kernel, Cisco CCNP, CISSP, various SANS courses.

Now it's been fine for the past 8 hours :sneaky2: