UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Advanced Notice - Update your client!

zoo york

Knight
Re: Advanced Notice - Update your client!

I'm curious what OS those of us having issues with 7.x clients are using. I'm running Win 7 64bit rc, and it was fine before the update.

Capone

Sorceror

i'm on xp sp2 and was client crashing all the time once i upgraded past 7.0.0.0

Reinstalled and stopped the patching before 7.0.0.0 came up and haven't crashed since.

Dexter420

Sorceror

My client wont update to 7 lol ive tried reinstalling and everything, it fails past 5

namlamina

Sorceror

Dexter420;1972560 said:
My client wont update to 7 lol ive tried reinstalling and everything, it fails past 5

You're too outdated, that's why. Download from TessasCove, and it will start you out around 6.10 as your base patch.

Mara

Knight

When I did it, it patched somewhere about 5 and then stopped. At that point, I opened razor to login to the shard, and it began patching again until 7.0.1.1. Make sure the patch folder is empty before you try to repatch, if you have cancelled the patching process in the middle of a download.

I'm on XP SP3 32bit with no antivirus (another machine on my network does that for me because I don't want to bog down my personal workstation scanning things that are clean). I have an Nvidia GeForce7300gt on Gigabyte GA-8KN ultra sli board and AMD 64 3500+ CPU with 4 gigs of ram installed (3.25 - 3.5 available). I have installed all windows updates, and there are no customizations to my user interface or default 3d options in the graphics driver control panel. Finally, the username on my workstation has full admin rights.

A friend of mine had the same problem. After we made sure to copy out his razor macros, profiles, and account stuff (my documents\ea games\uo *blah*\{anything}), I had him delete his razor folder and the UO folder from c:\program files. Then, using a file i had downloaded from tessascove's links page, we ran setup, which prompted to "uninstall" UO, despite that we had already deleted the folder, which is logical when you consider the registry. We finished that, re-executed the setup, then re-ran the patch. It patched up to full, and we installed razor.

For testing, we ran around a few cities and dungeons casting basic spells and practicing a little stealing, and we did not see any issues. Granted, this testing was not in depth, but the above method might work for some people, especially for those who have made "personalizations" to their client or any of the UO data files (Tree hack and otherwise...)

Dyranty

Wanderer

Installed fresh, patched, installed razor, installed mods = FAIL-CRASH.

Replace backups = WIN

Lets try the mods once more....

I'm happy.

Rock on.

FAIL again, logged in to my 2nd account same problem. Gonna try unloading mods and logging in on both then reloading.

Update:

Yeah i guess for some reason it requires me to log into each account once before applying mods.

OK now it only works for those 1 characters the others won't load without a crash wtf?