UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

anyone play great lakes around 97-2001ish?

What I would not do to obtain the screenshots from my old hard drive….

Elric and GOD, D-I, VD, BC, DOC, MN, FS!….. I made a guild, M-W (Mollywhoppers) just to toy with you guys… I use to have screen shots of most the folks on here dead…. Peon… dead… Abe? I remember you ;) Ho Chi? Dead X 20 (He could not stand it and insisted on dueling for hours), GFK? Same result…. Same with Sir Bart.

Miner and I ran 2 on many more… Many many times… Same results.. But it was all in good fun and I was cool with you all:D

-Fuzy Chiken Foot

Moonsongtx

Wanderer
I played on Great Lakes from just after Beta til just after the volunteer program was shut down. On Great Lakes I played Neve DeLeon (the Mayor of River's End just outside of Trinsic and guild master of Silent Wolf Pride), Dane Rominger (a RP character that pissed off quite a bit of people), as well as a few others. I was also a Senior Counselor on Oceania. :)

I am pleased to say that our guild continued in games until a few months ago when many of us went to Star Wars TOR. Things just weren't set up well there for guild activity. But while most of us no longer play together we are still friends over 14 years later. :D

Army of Jobe

Wanderer
I played on GL from around 97-01, I could typically be found around Moonglow. Character names of Jobe, Steve, and Crazy Arliss.

Wow you old farts still kickin. Played with and against alot of you. ran with some of Sinister,Fearsome Eagles,SoB,DDH,GoD and im sure I missed some of the guilds.
My in game nick was Sir Vixin or Vixin.
It's cool to see im not the only one that never grew up and still game from time to time. When I seen Elric's post I was thinking old Fearsome Eagles (which I met and helped move) but I remember both you tards and fought ya a few times. Old Black Company played from last I heard Ultima till mid 2000's havent really kept up with the crew like Feanor,JD,Nelson and KCL. I know Slades punk ass played with Sinister for a bit after Shadow Bane but havent really seen much on his status on thier site.

Neways sup

Ewebee

Wanderer
I was Morgan before I got banned then made Qwerty on a new account and really didn't do shit after that but server wars.
Peon told Bubbles he had skin cancer in his lungs... lol
I also took advantage of the Tinker box bounty board. The first account was Tinkerbell and the second account was Budweiser(sold a few coal sets with my name on it)
I played with -
Mistress Ash
Prophecy
Lagwagon
Bubbles
B
Bookworm
Officer Brady
a little with GoD at the end (went to Shadowbane with them then joined with Prophecy)
I left GoD because some chick was starting shit I just wanted to kill people so I joined PC we then merged with WMD and owned two servers. (War and Entropy)
other then that I don't remember shit

xheavymetalx

Sorceror
I pretty much remember most of ya. I was in BC, B*C, and B-C. I was Metzger, Cannibis Sativa, Chunk, Faux, and a few others. Great memories, I still miss those days :)

amtothepm

Knight
yuuuuup. played mainly my character named Lil' Troy. ya'll remember the walls of people in the skeleton room at Deceit?

amtothepm

Knight
Re: anyone play great lakes around 97-2001ish?

what's up?
just curious to see if anyone remembers Icon/nocI (my brother) from back in the day. i used to watch him play all the time when i was young.
he past away in July of 08'.
yeah I definitely remember icon. damn RIP

jesot

Sorceror
Shit, this thread is epic. I posted in this shit 6 years ago. Damn. Re-reading all of this is just crazy.

Most people did not like Prophecy, but CPT did our own thing 100% of the time. We kept our enemies, and we liked it that way. Honestly, I think voicecom ruined the guild wars (in games in-general) despite how much better it made coordination. All of the memories... The guild colors, the Moonglow fights, the utter disdain for one another... pcgaming.cc

D-I, FS!, ZT, F^D, WiN, GoD, B*C, BTH, SiN...forgetting so many... DsR coming over from Chesapeake

Still the best times any of us have ever had playing a game, that's for sure.

ExciteableKat

Wanderer
That was right near the end of my OSI days, I think I played on OSI from '97-'98 till like '02-'03 at the latest. I was on Great Lakes (cause I lived in MI then!) as Mecacat, Luna Goldmoon, Slinky Kat, and an uncountable number of other names. The first three were the ones I kept my entire time on GL though.

jessen13

Sorceror
Any of you old GL'ers still creepin' around here? Bored to shit over here in the desert and just wondering what you all are up to. Elder Scrolls Online in April?

FoopChes

Sorceror
D-I, FS!, ZT, F^D, WiN, GoD, B*C, BTH, SiN...forgetting so many... DsR coming over from Chesapeake

I don't recall DsR leaving Chesapeake for any significant length of time.

Paladine organized a server wide 2 guild guild war for all the top PvP guilds every single year. A number of guilds from every server ended up on Chesapeake during the pub 16 era. I joined up with DsR on Tal's server Hubris (which GoD played on) and played with Paladine and Crazy Dawg on Divinity (might have been something else, I can't keep all the extinct freeshards straight but pretty sure it was a gamers product).

They were on Chesapeake with pretty big numbers the last 18 months before AoS. Fielding up to 16 players some nights. They were actually almost a zerg for a moment which got you laughed off the #chespvp IRC server. It was a great scene. Flame wars, double crosses and mass water barreling of each other's guildhouses but in spite of nobody saying it, a healthy amount of respect betweeen guilds for not being Trammy clownshoes and keeping Chesapeake THE place for guild wars.

I know Paladine and some guys from Oinland, IC/NfC, dnd/F-U, -S-, -Z-, AoD and possibly A*G went to GL occasionally for inter server duel tournies but they always, always came back and eventually brought what was left of other servers top guilds with them during Pub 16. There were wildcards like Ironfist Max who was in all of those guilds for the most part at one point or another.

Not sure who GL's representatives were that time. If GL was still healthy, there might not have been any but I know damn near every server was dead as far as PVP was concerned by that time excluding Chesapeake and perhaps you all's shard.

The only people who made a dent were Vampire Hunter D in solo action (still the best dueler I've ever watched- I think Napa was his native shard) and a guy named Larry's guild who came from Atlantic I think, absorbing most of the other transplants when their guildies waffled on being there. VHD joined Oinland, which was a really great guild- including CHespeake's probable 2 best duelers Cadul and knifey.

We had 6 guilds rolling 12 deep most every single night. With another 10 or so guilds who were less active but just as deep in the big guild war scene.

DsR was definitely part of the first category. When people started leaving after runics were implemented, pretty much everybody left ended up in Oinland for a few months prior to the beginning of the free shard era, including Paladine and myself.

I know this because my guild LoD, never left Chesapeake cept for 1 night suicide bombing grief raids when the server wasn't quite so active. But DsR was never gone for more than a couple weeks, if that. Their forum was where everybody gathered to talk ish between 5 guild clusterfks involving 50 of the best PvP'ers to never use BS like Sallos.

That's a video of Paladine, GM of DsR's annual gift to Chespeake. Mentioned 12 pages up post. You'll notice that 2 team death match isn't occuring in a special restricted PvP zone where you wouldn't lose your purple armor and mass macroed valorite 2 hit kill crap stick. That's a place called Nu'jelm that people on this server might know if they ever left Brit bank. No explode pots flying around, no magic arrow spam, no chickensh.its pinging off screen every 2 seconds, no nightmares, no bolas, no neon. You'll also notice that the two guilds aren't factions so there was absolutely no incentive whatsoever cept for love of the game- a game I really wish would come back.

On 2nd thought, ain't no way GL was even close to as hot as Chesapeake during UO:R. No fuggin' way.

heh.

amtothepm

Knight

I don't recall DsR leaving Chesapeake for any significant length of time.

Paladine organized a server wide 2 guild guild war for all the top PvP guilds every single year. A number of guilds from every server ended up on Chesapeake during the pub 16 era. I joined up with DsR on Tal's server Hubris (which GoD played on) and played with Paladine and Crazy Dawg on Divinity (might have been something else, I can't keep all the extinct freeshards straight but pretty sure it was a gamers product).

They were on Chesapeake with pretty big numbers the last 18 months before AoS. Fielding up to 16 players some nights. They were actually almost a zerg for a moment which got you laughed off the #chespvp IRC server. It was a great scene. Flame wars, double crosses and mass water barreling of each other's guildhouses but in spite of nobody saying it, a healthy amount of respect betweeen guilds for not being Trammy clownshoes and keeping Chesapeake THE place for guild wars.

I know Paladine and some guys from Oinland, IC/NfC, dnd/F-U, -S-, -Z-, AoD and possibly A*G went to GL occasionally for inter server duel tournies but they always, always came back and eventually brought what was left of other servers top guilds with them during Pub 16. There were wildcards like Ironfist Max who was in all of those guilds for the most part at one point or another.

Not sure who GL's representatives were that time. If GL was still healthy, there might not have been any but I know damn near every server was dead as far as PVP was concerned by that time excluding Chesapeake and perhaps you all's shard.

The only people who made a dent were Vampire Hunter D in solo action (still the best dueler I've ever watched- I think Napa was his native shard) and a guy named Larry's guild who came from Atlantic I think, absorbing most of the other transplants when their guildies waffled on being there. VHD joined Oinland, which was a really great guild- including CHespeake's probable 2 best duelers Cadul and knifey.

We had 6 guilds rolling 12 deep most every single night. With another 10 or so guilds who were less active but just as deep in the big guild war scene.

DsR was definitely part of the first category. When people started leaving after runics were implemented, pretty much everybody left ended up in Oinland for a few months prior to the beginning of the free shard era, including Paladine and myself.

I know this because my guild LoD, never left Chesapeake cept for 1 night suicide bombing grief raids when the server wasn't quite so active. But DsR was never gone for more than a couple weeks, if that. Their forum was where everybody gathered to talk ish between 5 guild clusterfks involving 50 of the best PvP'ers to never use BS like Sallos.

That's a video of Paladine, GM of DsR's annual gift to Chespeake. Mentioned 12 pages up post. You'll notice that 2 team death match isn't occuring in a special restricted PvP zone where you wouldn't lose your purple armor and mass macroed valorite 2 hit kill crap stick. That's a place called Nu'jelm that people on this server might know if they ever left Brit bank. No explode pots flying around, no magic arrow spam, no chickensh.its pinging off screen every 2 seconds, no nightmares, no bolas, no neon. You'll also notice that the two guilds aren't factions so there was absolutely no incentive whatsoever cept for love of the game- a game I really wish would come back.

On 2nd thought, ain't no way GL was even close to as hot as Chesapeake during UO:R. No fuggin' way.

heh.

YOU FORGOT M-N [GREAT LAKES] was this video at server wars or something? that looks RIDICULOUS!!

FoopChes

Sorceror
YOU FORGOT M-N [GREAT LAKES] was this video at server wars or something? that looks RIDICULOUS!!

Nope that stuff lasted about a week or two before we all went back to our normal 8-15 man groups.

Smaller scale stuff too, but during primetime hours CHesapeake's PVP guilds were active and deep right up until EA killed UO.

Sorry I was pretty sure some GL came over, just couldn't remember who. That miigration to CHesapeake happened only at the tail end. THere was a guild called M i remember now but I forget the members.