UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

anyone play great lakes around 97-2001ish?

Deckard Kain

Traveler
I went to high school with Drowned God, we both started playing the same server without knowing. We were kind of in opposite factions which is funny. He gave that account away though and you might know the other Drowned God. We didn't even know we were fighting each other until after he quit.

LotharGL

Traveler
What ever happend to Lighblade (LB)? After UO, him, slade, punky and I went to lineage 2 for a while then lost touch with him.

Heavenleigh

Sorceror
So many old names. So many old friends. Old enemies. How old was I then. How old am I now. Time flies. This is Aragorn, the second GM of M-N posting, I used the name of my favorite character as a proof of identity, anyone who remembers the amazing fun times we had using Jerico's bugged thief's disguise and his poisoned weapons likely remembers why he was my favorite. Jerico had access to the disguise kit, and I ran around with him in dungeons dressed like a bank thief - in a death robe - I'd flag gray and then fail at stealing from people. When they'd attack off would come the robe, out would come the swords and poisons, and the violence would begin. Usually Abe or lightblade would be there cheering and laughing. It was always a great time.

Gosh, I hadn't thought about you guys, this whole community in a long time and just recently it came to mind. I'm really curious who else is out there. Who else remembers all of the great times we had together. Does anyone remember Erectus? He was the original GM of M-N and an amazing guy and an amazing friend. Forego, gosh, he and I went deep red shortly after UO Launch. That was a blast. Pyro, yes, Honest Pyro, he always had on those little yellow socks. Or were they red? There were lots of great people, I'll get to them later in the post. Chris The Avatar in his silly armor.

Looting the SoB house was a high point. Didn't even have to portal under the door. I can't remember the name of the guy who had the key. But I remember how he dropped it. The Magic Arrow bug was certainly the best. The following harm bug was pretty awesome too. The wands were boring. Precast days are what separated the men from the boys.

Now memories of people. First, I'd like to recall all the allies, I'm sorry if I leave anyone out, it's been 12 years. Lightblade. Abe. The Endo brothers: Choke and Spig. Radek. Rolex. Mulhalan The Red. Drowned God - the owner of the best name in UO. Fire, Incin, BTCH, whoever you were. Alicia. Tank. Panda. That girl who came over to M-N after a stint with the Brit Bank Crew, I don't remember her name but she always wore that black hat.

I always considered to be the GoD guys friends even though we fought constantly. I still love the screenshot you post outside of Covetous. I told those guys not to engage if I couldn't be there. They didn't listen. They paid for it too. Silkk. Bel. I hated Canada before you. I still do.

The SiN guys were a blast. They were always there for a good time and bad loot. Really, does anyone ever remember getting anything good off of PAIN or Bonedancer? Never. Crappiest loot ever. PAIN was the funniest guy ever. So was OG. Too bad Everquest ate them.

RH guys were always great to have as allies, even though we fought at times. Kato. Lara. Plenty of other people I can't remember.

God I hated Bart. Feanor. KCL. Dragons. They always came with freaking dragons. Seriously, wtf. It was sad too, because it usually didn't save them, they were not great players. Sure was distracting though. Like Hannibal's elephants. I remember cutting up the dragons after we killed them. That was always fun. I remember getting guardkilled once for cutting up a dragon in Vesper. That actually happened to me a lot. Getting guard killed for horse and dragon slaying.

Brit Bank Trash. Minoc Trash. Those guys were always fun. M-N's numbers were originally so low and we always fought outnumbered. We always prided ourselves on our ability to fight outnumbered. Those fights were amazing, we'd always send Lightblade ahead on his fast connection to antagonize them, send out the alarm, and then he'd run them back into the mass of us. Bang. Dead.

You guys, all of you, were great, and made a horrible game worth playing.

Many of you may remember me as Alicia. I ran with M-N and then joined Gods Wrath. Ara the best memories I have of my time with M-N would have to be the big fights with GoD in Deceit and server wars with you & Tank. Huma & Belial were always fast with their poisoned katanas running through Deciet. Spiggy having to win a duel with me to earn membership into M-N. Balron hunting & Lightblade always popping in to see me. Pks always showing up & odds were never in my favor but it seemed LB always knew the right time to pop in. Those were the good ole days of gaming! Good to see you're still around!

Lunykws

Traveler
I played on GL from 97-98 before moving to chesa and gettiung banned shortly after. On GL I was known as Bones and my brother was Kain Victus. I remember pking with Ghostface KIllah, Ma$e, Waldo, Graysword (Whom I was in his guild with), and others. We use to love to pk in minoc mines, north of minoc and around the minoc/vesper area.

All i can say is wow. And yes that is me in the Elric screenie. Now that im am up there in age can't beleive i spelled my name JoReL. LOL

I was Tiamat (always Lord Tiamat thanks to snooping bug). I played in alpha, beta and the first 2 years of release. I was guilded with CoD, then we merged with SOB, then we all became SiN. I was there for the LoP wars, TOC wars (until Bloodfire, Vanisher and I looted their keeps/castles with dragons and they left GL), M-N and probably a few others I can't remember anymore.

Those were the best of times, and probably the reason I keep trying to play this old ass game, heh. If any of you remember me, get at me. Been looking for GL players for a while.

Boris-GL

Sorceror
lol, Alicia from M-N I remember you... I have been playing since 98, and have seen many old players... I knew the original Drowned God, and am good friends with the guy he gave his account to, and played with him here.... Played with qop members, splyt and tomo, been on krw pvp, in nox pvp, with people like robin.ur.hood(the REAL one) agamemnon, etc... too many to name, but some of my close group of gl affiliations are, Link, Boris, Fenris, Nikita, Venom, Nicole, Sery. Here, i'm mostly known as Priest or Dekeyon. Also from GL some names that come to mind are Kalyindria, Hemlock, FGB guild, B*C.. leftnut(pk) Hardnekko(famous thief and hacker) soo many people damn...

SilkGoD

Traveler
Hey Guys,

Lots of old names here...I tried to keep a history of everything great lakes over on the GoD page www.godswrathclan.net under lore and allies you can see lists of old Great Lakes guilds including Great Lakes Pks...good to go and read once in a while. I'm in the middle of revamping the page to make it more up to date...GoD as a guild is pretty quiet as everyone is older but we still try and give new games a go...anyone remember LD?

HellFire69

Sorceror
Hail!

Looks like I encountered this thread a few years too late. It would have been nice to come back and own you guys one last time before carpal tunnel and kids steal us away from gaming forever. I played as Tyler/Tyler II on GL from 1999 - Whenever AoS came out. Rolled in many great guilds such as CPT, KoV (not original), BC (briefly), SoV, but mostly I played with GoD. Reading through this thread brought back some serious memories!!! Looting your guys corpses or staring at you in black and white were some of the greatest times I've ever had in a video game! I miss pcgaming.cc and all the hours spent battling you bastards. We should all meet up in the next MMO that comes out and put all the nerds we encounter through countless hours of grief!!! Take care.

-Tyler

ya i played back then was in like 9th grade name was sir brock had a tower behind minoc first tower you came to also had a house in the fields of brit next to that big ass keep

AreYouKidden

Wanderer
Wow... Names, and guilds I remember.. I played in an RP guild on GL from when the game released until AoS. And various faction/order guilds.
Name was Avalon most commonly, or Calypso Kid. Ran around with Ariyana Sune a fair bit.

It's a shame we are a few years late on this, but still seems as though some old GL's are kicking around.

el pepino

Sorceror
I'm Still searching for any old [TDR] or [JW] members I would love to talk and maybe get some of ya playing Demise.
Again I was the dexxer Paul [TDR] hit me up if you were in either of these guilds and remember me.

DOC-Sin

Sorceror
Hey Lish! (still have a SS from that playful duel in the Mines and guild wars against FS!:) Sup Coug! (still have SS's of us sparring in front of that small tower you had) Jorel, I remember you, meph, and CS ~|~ from even before UO! Remember 7D$ from b.net? ~{^Je$teR^}~ was my old tag I think! HA! Tyler what's up man? I still have some SS's of us from WiN! Silk, Fair winds and following seas my brother! Nothing but love all you old GL people!
-Sin

hah see i posted on my 2 old alt accts already..
was Siris, Jimmy IV, Sinister
ran with Bowen, Armanious, Betty Big Lips forget our guild name but we got 2nd in the shard duel.. lost to miner and sanginarious i think it was..
i remember Vince, NaS, Voodoo Chile (think hes rich dude at poker tables but spelled his name right this time?), HCM, Abe the Monk, Huge faction raids when i was TB with Elric, Kalyndria, Hunter II, Jenova, Onslaught, Crimson, drowned gods the one who showed me the fake dupe scam where it drops your bag to ground.. made mills off that shit.. was responsible for helpin finally get arch pks head..
wow seein mad old names as i read thread.. south side steve

Mephisito

Wanderer
I was Mephisito and my smith was Sogan had to register after reading through this for sure, I use to hang out at the vesper bank the only guild I think I was in was Last Disciples a small one, Easy E was the guildmaster.
I'm horrible with names but I recognize alot of you, Aragorn! you magnificent bastard even though the last time I think I really talked to ya you and your buddies smoked me, Wrong place wrong time lol though prior to that I seem to remember your pet halberd named bubbah you liked to wack me with. Short of that the only buddy I can really remember is Pyro, well crazy pyro,honest pyro, smithin pyro that one anyway, he basically let me have his small house outside of cove on the way to the orc fort.
All in all I screwed around more wasn't much of a pvper or player in general, still had good times back in the days.

Just started playing on second age again in the meantime.