UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

anyone play great lakes around 97-2001ish?

el pepino

Sorceror
Umm... No... [BC] Black Company. I fought them for years when I was in [TDR] The Dark Realm.

You must not be Bart just some fake ass wannabe....

el pepino

Sorceror
Why are you sporting his Character name on a UO gaming forums then. STFU & GTFO. Stop pretending to be someone that once upon a time you must have worshiped.

el pepino

Sorceror
What is your morbid oral fixation with genetailia, and why are you projecting it onto me... Creepish.
As for him being your uncle that is niether here nor there. Pretending to be him is pathetic.

blondie_0303

Sorceror
I was Darkness-dexxer,Malibu Barbie-pk,Alexis-tamer, was in VK (Viking Kingdom) for a while use to hang out with (Blade/Newbie/Llama/Bill Cardio) pretty much most of the time i played. Also was in (SiN) <-- i think that was it cant mem with Mars Hellsbreath and Marmalade. Ah i remember when having a black dye tub made you such a badass, and you could fight guards without being instantly owned. Ah those were the days :)

ElricTX

Sorceror
FYI - To everyone on here that played on Great Lakes at some point or another.

I thought it would be cool to keep in touch with friends and foes alike from Great Lakes. So, I started a Steam group.

http://store.steampowered.com/

At the top, right of the page next to the 'login' button, click 'Install Steam'. It's only a 1.5 MB download and it takes very little memory.

If you're already on steam, add the group 'Great Lakes UO Server Residents 1997 and Up'. If you join the group, please feel free to invite anyone you know that played on Great Lakes in the past.

Let me know if you need help and I'll be happy to assist. Send me a message or reply on this thread and i'll check it occasionally.
My steam name is 'Elric The Great'

Un4

Knight
I played from '98 to '01, I was little known because I never really got a good grip on the game (Young and impatient) But I played my time in Minoc under PyRo and Enigma, Raven Bloodrock.

My brother played as HazE but he's playing LoL these days....

was it you or your brother that lived in the basement and peed in the washing machine to maximize their online time, because going upstairs was just too time consuming. I respect your dedication.

jimsolo

Wanderer
I played on GL as Lauranthalasa, Flint and Sorak...with RH (RedHand) and DOC (Dominion of Chaos). Fought a lot against B*C, M-N (though we did ally for a short time) and SiN (mostly).

Ah, good times.

JericoM-N

Wanderer
So many old names. So many old friends. Old enemies. How old was I then. How old am I now. Time flies. This is Aragorn, the second GM of M-N posting, I used the name of my favorite character as a proof of identity, anyone who remembers the amazing fun times we had using Jerico's bugged thief's disguise and his poisoned weapons likely remembers why he was my favorite. Jerico had access to the disguise kit, and I ran around with him in dungeons dressed like a bank thief - in a death robe - I'd flag gray and then fail at stealing from people. When they'd attack off would come the robe, out would come the swords and poisons, and the violence would begin. Usually Abe or lightblade would be there cheering and laughing. It was always a great time.

Gosh, I hadn't thought about you guys, this whole community in a long time and just recently it came to mind. I'm really curious who else is out there. Who else remembers all of the great times we had together. Does anyone remember Erectus? He was the original GM of M-N and an amazing guy and an amazing friend. Forego, gosh, he and I went deep red shortly after UO Launch. That was a blast. Pyro, yes, Honest Pyro, he always had on those little yellow socks. Or were they red? There were lots of great people, I'll get to them later in the post. Chris The Avatar in his silly armor.

Looting the SoB house was a high point. Didn't even have to portal under the door. I can't remember the name of the guy who had the key. But I remember how he dropped it. The Magic Arrow bug was certainly the best. The following harm bug was pretty awesome too. The wands were boring. Precast days are what separated the men from the boys.

Now memories of people. First, I'd like to recall all the allies, I'm sorry if I leave anyone out, it's been 12 years. Lightblade. Abe. The Endo brothers: Choke and Spig. Radek. Rolex. Mulhalan The Red. Drowned God - the owner of the best name in UO. Fire, Incin, BTCH, whoever you were. Alicia. Tank. Panda. That girl who came over to M-N after a stint with the Brit Bank Crew, I don't remember her name but she always wore that black hat.

I always considered to be the GoD guys friends even though we fought constantly. I still love the screenshot you post outside of Covetous. I told those guys not to engage if I couldn't be there. They didn't listen. They paid for it too. Silkk. Bel. I hated Canada before you. I still do.

The SiN guys were a blast. They were always there for a good time and bad loot. Really, does anyone ever remember getting anything good off of PAIN or Bonedancer? Never. Crappiest loot ever. PAIN was the funniest guy ever. So was OG. Too bad Everquest ate them.

RH guys were always great to have as allies, even though we fought at times. Kato. Lara. Plenty of other people I can't remember.

God I hated Bart. Feanor. KCL. Dragons. They always came with freaking dragons. Seriously, wtf. It was sad too, because it usually didn't save them, they were not great players. Sure was distracting though. Like Hannibal's elephants. I remember cutting up the dragons after we killed them. That was always fun. I remember getting guardkilled once for cutting up a dragon in Vesper. That actually happened to me a lot. Getting guard killed for horse and dragon slaying.

Brit Bank Trash. Minoc Trash. Those guys were always fun. M-N's numbers were originally so low and we always fought outnumbered. We always prided ourselves on our ability to fight outnumbered. Those fights were amazing, we'd always send Lightblade ahead on his fast connection to antagonize them, send out the alarm, and then he'd run them back into the mass of us. Bang. Dead.

You guys, all of you, were great, and made a horrible game worth playing.

ElricTX

Sorceror
Hey Flint! Long time no see, brother. I don't think I've seen you since you played Shadowbane with GoD. You need to get on Steam and join our group!

Aragorn, wow! That's a name I haven't seen in years! You should really get on Steam, too. All of the GoD guys are on it, along with Mulhulan, Scoob, Magnus, alot of SiN, SoB, guys and a bunch of others.

Also, for a trip down memory lane, you need to look at the pics at http://www.godswrathclan.net . I'll have to tell Silk that you're alive and well. He'd love to hollar at you.

Ahh Lightblade... He was a cool dude. That is him in the screenshot. He asked me to help him train his archery by casting EVs for him in the Star Room. I happened to cast a purple llama EV...

I knew a bunch of M-N and even though I didn't PK 100%, they still respected me. One time I was farming vanqs in the Terathon Keep with a friend. I start hearing people dying off screen and red names flashing on and off screen. Next thing I know about 6 reds come running up to us and then they stop and one says "Bubbles?" I was on my bard and I was like Hey. They go, "is this guy with you?" I said, "Yeah". So they go ok and took off to kill everyone else around us. We were the only 2 left alive in the whole place. My friend was like, "Holy shit...they didn't kill me cuz I was with you" I said, "Yeah they know me from pvp and we are cool".

He couldn't believe that happened. That was what it was like though, if you were good then they gave you respect.. M-N always had my respect.

Mase[WiN]

Wanderer
Aragorn, I was speaking with Mulhulan the red, faux, magnus and scooby about you a while back. I fought all those guys for years during your playtime and after you quit. I floated from GoD (went to highschool with Silk), D-I when edfunk and revenge were in it, and WiN. I have a ton of screenshots from those days. Your old guildies wonder what happened to you. The last time I saw you was when you were there to watch faux and i fight on his med fighter in 98, you were on Gargamel. I won and was supposed to join M-N lol but never got around to it, went back to GoD/WiN. Then you just disapeared. I still hang with scoob,mags and mul in mirc. I'm going to show them this thread.

JericoM-N

Wanderer
Oh man, Edfunk was a killing machine. Anyone heard from ProPain/cocksicle/Swifty? Those guys were killers through and through. They're probably in jail now.

You're right, El, that chick was Spitfire. She was fun. Will always remember that black hat. She'd put that thing on even when she was getting reskilled. Great times. If I wanted to yell at Screw, mul, yourself, and Silk, where would I go to get in touch with you guys?

Lemme know.

Strange how I wake up one morning and think to myself, Gosh, I spent so much time with those guys in UO, I wonder where they're at now, what they're doing, who they are, and boom people to get in touch with.