UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(Complete) The Magic of Halloween: A Portal Opens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seer Mia

Wanderer
(Complete) The Magic of Halloween: A Portal Opens

As most of you know, strange things come and go around this time of year. As All Hallows Eve (otherwise known as Halloween) draws close, dark magics grow stronger and the veil between the living and the dead becomes weak. It seems that this year, the veil has weakened greatly in one place, forming a portal to part of another world. The rip has occured in a place called.... Spooky Town!

Fame and Fortune

For adventurer who dares, Spooky Town is home to many new monsters to slay. While the usual riches of gold and jewels can be pilfered from the already rotting corpses of the slain, some additional strange and unusual loot is waiting to be found. While these prizes are sure to be sensational, their creation is tied to the magic of Halloween. This means that they will quickly fade as Halloween passes, most likely no more than a few days past.

There is also a special "Newbie" area this year, the Vampire Crypt. The Crypt features monsters which are much easier to slay than ordinary creatures, and is therefore an area suitable to non veteran adventurers who still want a piece of the action. While the special temporary event loots cannot be found here, Halloween Pumpkin tokens for Doctor Strangespoof's machine can still be found. (See "The Mad Scientest" below).

The Mad Scientest

Upon learning of the opening of the portal, a new character has setup shop in Luna. Doctor Strangespoof, a scientest of great genius and questionable sanity, is convinced that certain items from Spooky Town harbor energies which can be harnessed by his inventions. To test his theories, Doctor Strangespoof has erected a machine in the Luna courtyard where he can petition volunteers to retrieve the magic pumpkins he desires from Spooky Town, and even use them to test his invention. Using the Halloween Pumpkins which can occasionally be found off the inhabitants of Spooky Town, he will attempt to use his machine to temporarily transform players into various monsters. While no one knows what the Doctor's ultimate purpose is for such a machine, players looking for a little excitement may find that this quest is just the ticket.

If you find a Halloween Pumpkin in Spooky Town, bring it to his machine and step into the center of it while the pumpkin is in your pack.

Event Bosses

At any time throughout the course of the 3 day event, an event boss may appear. These bosses are champions of the various monsters players will be battling. They will be much harder to defeat, require the concerted effort of many players, and will drop a list of random prizes in the backpacks of players who help to defeat the monsters. Event Boss monster prizes will be normal event rewards which will not self destruct after Halloween.

Event Healers

Spooky Town is also introducing the use of a special type of healer. For the first time, as long as you have died within a designated Event area, this healer with not only resurrect you but retrieve the items from your corpse as well. If you have any pets with you, they will be resurrected as well.

It's important for the players to know how much work the entire team puts into these things. Thanks and credit goes to the staff who worked very hard to contribute to this project. Seer Cronus for his coding contributions (he makes things possible that I could never do), Seer Naddict for doing all that tedious worldbuilding work he got suckered into, even Grizzly managed to come help setup for a night or two. Also SRC Crimson for helping with decorating npc houses and the crypt, thanks for helping out when I got sick! And of course, Asayre, who, as usual, manages to make sure we don't accidently blow up the server.

Misty-demise

Wanderer
Re: The Magic of Halloween: A Portal Opens

Sounds great! Never been on a shard where staff has gone to so much work for one Holliday ! THANK YOU!!:D

Seer Mia

Wanderer

The gate is open in Luna.

NOTE: Due to the difficulty of the monsters, their resistances and damage will be slightly nerfed after tonight's serverwars. This should make the event area more accessible to everyone.

horaciocs

Sorceror

That's just beautiful to hear :) . I have been away from Demise for a couple months and to see such an effort from the staff just as I arrive is an incredible welcome back gift ;) .

Thanks to all the staff! :)

Cya all on Helloween! :D

Ripa

Sorceror

Seer Mia said:
NOTE: Due to the difficulty of the monsters

In the name of God, those things are giving free hits for 111 str each.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Please remember that if you die in the event area, do not allow another player to resurrect you. Use the healer in the NE corner of the town. By doing this, your items will be returned to your pack and your pets can be rez'd as well.

If another player resurrects you, you do not get the benefit of your items being returned to you.

Kelson

Wanderer

Seer Mia said:

NOTE: Due to the difficulty of the monsters, their resistances and damage will be slightly nerfed after tonight's serverwars. This should make the event area more accessible to everyone.

LOL wow yeah Good to hear, I noticed everyone went to the newbie area to have a chance but even in there i see alot of pets dead lol.
I was owned by a rat! :eek:

Kelson

Wanderer

LadyCrimson said:
Please remember that if you die in the event area, do not allow another player to resurrect you. Use the healer in the NE corner of the town. By doing this, your items will be returned to your pack and your pets can be rez'd as well.

If another player resurrects you, you do not get the benefit of your items being returned to you.

Yeah i also noticed your safe in the healers hut the healers locked the door and ate the keys lol.

Kelson

Wanderer

Sir Kenga said:
Is it already open? Where is that portal? How to get in? :D

East gate in luna. Go inside the stable in the upper corner then go up all the stairs to the third level then out over the walkway.

Okay, I should have read more of it before I asked. I guess I was a little nervous that I would miss out and wanted to know quick. :p

Ripa

Sorceror

Mcintry said:
awsome event although quite abit tough for a newishb

No, it is tough for everyone. I have seen some good PvPers died there. :D

[Drakull]

Knight

Seer Mia said:

Yep... plus having all of them unable to be discorded/peaced/provoqued makes it even harder... :( (tried with my bard with 120 peace/120 music still gives the "you have no chances" message... so well... a little too hard in that sense).

Seer Mia

Wanderer

With the server coming back up, you should find the monsters slightly less difficult. In addition, drop rates on the cool stuff has been significantly increased. I know some of you have looted those special mounts already, lets see them!

Additionaly, Doctor Strangespoof will be setting up shop in Luna now.

Warning: dying means loss of insurance $.:eek:

Lost quite a bit and didn't know it til I got back to the bank.:(

I guess the obvious stuff like your pets losing skill when dying/ressed is also something that applies.

G8Keeper

Wanderer

It is just my opinion, but it seems the only characters able to sorta enjoy the event are tamer types. I tried my mage, archer, dexer, and none of them were really able to put a dent in any of the spawn. After the Demon Boss was killed pretty much all I saw hunting in that area were tamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.