UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(Complete) The Magic of Halloween: A Portal Opens

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdx

Sorceror
Re: The Magic of Halloween: A Portal Opens

xeres said:
stop complaining. the staff has put a huge effort into this event. the items blow up in a few days anyways....its just for fun.

I'm loving my charger. and yes I have died a few times in there...but that was usually because I had 2-3 mobs on me and I was EoO to something else....

well i still enjoyed killing thinghs there (even when mosnters were uber strong i thought its not that bad, we coull kill them one by one but it was nice carnage) despite my lag and all my deaths but i thought i could keep those things bit longer;P

Seer Mia said:
Yes, the temporary prizes were intended to last longer, and there's not much I can do this round except apologize. The next time we do something like this though, the issue will be resolved. (Red and Green Christmas mounts anybody? :) )
However, there's a more pressing issue on hand; it's not much of a problem that they vanish overnight (heck, they were only going to last a few days longer anyway) but when we logged back in, it was still using up that control slot! Is there any way that we can fix that? (Such as finding a new, identical ethy, and using it?) For the time being, I'm back on my ethy llama, but it sucks having only 3 slots used up, which kina cripples my mage's ability to fight the monsters of Spooky Town. :(

SpiralIPY

Wanderer

Nottheking said:
However, there's a more pressing issue on hand; it's not much of a problem that they vanish overnight (heck, they were only going to last a few days longer anyway) but when we logged back in, it was still using up that control slot! Is there any way that we can fix that? (Such as finding a new, identical ethy, and using it?) For the time being, I'm back on my ethy llama, but it sucks having only 3 slots used up, which kina cripples my mage's ability to fight the monsters of Spooky Town. :(

i think a bunch of people buged like that.

Seer Mia

Wanderer

Page and that can be fixed. It's been traced to if you were riding it when it was auto deleted. If nothing else it should fix itself at serverwars.

Frost-demise

Wanderer

Seer Mia said:
Event Healers

Spooky Town is also introducing the use of a special type of healer. For the first time, as long as you have died within a designated Event area, this healer with not only resurrect you but retrieve the items from your corpse as well. If you have any pets with you, they will be resurrected as well.
Good in theory, but I just lost AoF, 140 Luck Plate Legs, +110 Luck Gorget/Sleeves, and 100 Luck gloves and a sheild :(

Not all my armour was gone, the rest was in my pack. The worst thing is that it wasn't even on my corpse.

Am I able to get assistance for this glitch or am I SOL?

P.S.
Kudos for the Staff for all the hard work put in to the event.

Well done to all the staff! I can't imagine how much effort you must have put in, was nice to have something to do on halloween other than eating sweets and ignoring kids knocking at the door :p

camper

Sorceror

Frost-demise said:
Good in theory, but I just lost AoF, 140 Luck Plate Legs, +110 Luck Gorget/Sleeves, and 100 Luck gloves and a sheild :(

Not all my armour was gone, the rest was in my pack. The worst thing is that it wasn't even on my corpse.

Am I able to get assistance for this glitch or am I SOL?

P.S.
Kudos for the Staff for all the hard work put in to the event.

Why people turn off insurance, and then complain about losing items, is beyond me.

Catnip

Sorceror

Maglor Taralom said:
Well done to all the staff! I can't imagine how much effort you must have put in, was nice to have something to do on halloween other than eating sweets and ignoring kids knocking at the door :p

I second that !!! Thanks to the staff for making my first week here on Demise a blast. My char isn't that advanced but after the "tweak" made to the monsters I was able to get in there and cast my little blade spirits with fire fields and have some fun. It gave me a chance to meet ALOT of people, which was the best thing!!!
Can't wait for Christmas, hehe * hint hint, nudge nudge *
Thanks again,
Catnip

Well, the event was fun, although unfortunately, it seems the control slot bug was NOX fixed after the next server reset. (or at least, it's not fixed if you were riding a donation ethy on log-out) So, that leaves me a little crippled until I wind up on at the same time as a GM.

At any rate, I was only present for one of the bosses; (the werewolf king) I spent a lot of time AFK, so I guess I missed out on a lot of it. I did managed to visit every place on the map, and got some items in the bargain; a shame that they vanished overnight; those shades were pretty darn cool, even cooler, IMO, than the hooded shrouds were.
camper said:
Why people turn off insurance, and then complain about losing items, is beyond me.
Well, much of the whole idea behind the healers was that insurance costs would not be needed upon the (many) times players were expected to die. If you go into Felucca, yes, it's reasonable to expect to lose any uninsured items you may have. However, in Trammel, and more specifically, a Trammel event with those healers... I think they have reason to complain, and I'm a PvPer.

Now, of course, I did disable insurance while I was in there, (I re-enebaled it as soon as I returned to Luna) and while I died a few times, (especially when I got a 10-second lag spike in the middle of town when I had severeal werewolves and the like on me, lol) I didn't lose a thing. However, if this was a case of them going to Felucca, and then trying to use the healer in Spooky Town to get their stuff back... Then they were just being foolish.

Re: (Complete) The Magic of Halloween: A Portal Opens

Well, in regards to the "halloween mount bug," yes, the Seers/GMs can fix it. The staff seems to be working full-tilt to take care of pages from people with this glitch; I just got a response within about 50 seconds, and Naddict fixed it for me. My tremendous thanks; not only a few days of partying UO style, but no longer having anything to regret from "the night before." :p

Thanks again! :D

Catnip

Sorceror

Nottheking said:
The staff seems to be working full-tilt to take care of pages from people with this glitch

And people who do not page !!! Lady Crimson popped into my house this morning when I logged on, just because she had seen my post here. All I have to say is, WOW. Very impressive that the staff takes such care.

yyun006

Wanderer

o is finished already.... sad that it was too lag for me to join most of the activity...

VenusTheGoat

Sorceror

It was an amazing event! I really enjoyed it! Its a same though I didn't have the chance to get a cool ethereal mount even for a day :( :p

Did anyone get an event reward of some kind from the bosses that did not self distract? If so, care to take a screenshot so everybody can see what it is? :D

Catnip said:
And people who do not page !!! Lady Crimson popped into my house this morning when I logged on, just because she had seen my post here. All I have to say is, WOW. Very impressive that the staff takes such care.
Yeah, that makes me hate to think of what the staff may have been trying to do for me, as I was both AFK and on other characters for most of yesterday, and was quite vocal about the bug... My apologies to the staff if I did cause problems because of that.

VenusTheGoat said:
Did anyone get an event reward of some kind from the bosses that did not self distract? If so, care to take a screenshot so everybody can see what it is? :D
There were no "special" items given out that did not self-destruct. All of the permanent items were items that are ones that already existed in some quantity, such as lesser ToTs, bank cheques, and some of the less-expensive donation items, as mentioned in the first post.

Red Squirrel

Wanderer

[global set followers 0 where playermobile would fix the slot issue for everyone. Let me go take out my dragon and mare first. :D

Red Squirrel said:
[global set followers 0 where playermobile would fix the slot issue for everyone. Let me go take out my dragon and mare first. :D
Yeah, right... Think about having 10 hell hounds together... They'd certainly be hitting the crab for MASSIVE DAMAGE. :p

Lippy

Wanderer

I managed only to fight one champion (yes i was there for 3 days), and altho i did my share of dmg , what i got was a pumpkin lol . I was wondering , exactly how many champions were spawned over the course of the event.
Who got the permanent items ? Lets see them.

Windows Dark

Wanderer

I don't like demise's lag-and-die quests. But thats only my opinion, so nevermind :D

Status
Not open for further replies.