UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(completed) Dungeon Dash - TONIGHT at 12:30 AM EST

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: (completed) Dungeon Dash - TONIGHT at 12:30 AM EST

Actually - 1 stealther was LEAPS and BOUNDS ahead of everyone (good 5 minute lead) but the last book was hidden in such a way they did not see it.... giving everyone else time to catch up.

LC

Lucifall

Knight

Rosealie;495485 said:
How did stealthers do? I assumed they'd be able to skip right through to the end.

I love how you used the oddball spell as the solution. Hope it's even more unexpected next time.

Area spells killed them all.

Ferris;495345 said:
Ok, this is seriously enough. The rest of the thread needs to be used for suggestions for the next one. I don't want to see any threads started anywhere else for the intent of acting like an asshole about this either.

My suggestions:

:) Say 20 people register for the event. The system would them generate a random team of 5 members. The dungeon's entrances would them be blocked to avoid interference. Killing people wouldn't count for murders, kinda like factions/CTF.
:) Each team would them be teleported inside the dungeon inside a safe zone (see screenshot below) and the book would sit on a even distance from each zone. (see yellow marker in the screenshot)
:) The champion spawn would be fully disabled for the duration. Regular spawn no.
:) The book would be pickable up and would be cursed, in such a manner even if one gets it, they can still lose it by dieing to another team. Upon picking up the book, a gate is opened exactly where it was leading to the next dungeon.
:) Upon arrival of the next dungeon, there would be a all-team safe zone at the entrance to avoid camping, and gates inside it leading to each team's dungeon safe zone.
:) Safe zones would prevent any damage from being dealt to anyone inside by someone that's outside and vice-versa. Pretty much a improved guard zone, except without the instant kill bullshit and you wouldn't be able to re-enter it if you were to leave.

Attachments

• Destard Map.JPG
    Destard Map.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 79

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

ok, considering this doesn't sound much like the original.... no dungeon is going to permit equidistance without having the teams spawn side by side. In your image, the pink and green team have a significantly further way to go than the other teams because of the hall areas. Yes, this is just an example; however, most dungeons are worse than this one as far as offering up the ability to equate distance from a centralized point of interest.

Next - what is the point of the safe zones? Free resurrections? Guard whack other teams?

What happens when someone picks up the book, gets the gate, and leaves.... everyone else is standing there if they miss the gate. Having the book mobile doesn't make much sense. Please explain this more in depth.

Random teams in PvP events do not work well. I've seen some of our more prominant guilds "at work" in a standard FFA or CTF event. Its actually frustrating because they will block their own teammates so their guild mates on the other team can kill them. I'm not sure I'd want to be teamed up with 3 guildies while their other guildies are on another team. I'm pretty much biting dirt if I grab an ltot.... I see it in CTFs and FFAs for a meer 500 gold. No way these same folks won't do it for a few million in prizes.

Taking out the bulk of the spawn (the champ spawn critters) pretty much eliminates a good portion of the PvE. The spawn is part of the fun in PvE... what good is PvE when the E is modified to suit the needs of people going into the dungeon?

Oaks

Knight

Combine the worst of two worlds; this event in a maze from Naddict.

Tempest

Knight

Hmm, I say use dungeons that aren`t involved with the original 5 Champion Spawns.

Also, try to have it so that the person has to actually open the book before the said words take em anywhere. Not really sure if this is possible or not though.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Hyphy Train;495533 said:
Also, try to have it so that the person has to actually open the book before the said words take em anywhere. Not really sure if this is possible or not though.

Without additional coded put into game, its not. :( Maybe in the future, but not possible right now.

Please, more feedback about THIS event. I know Ferris and I felt the overall event went well; however, you guys were in it... so (withouth trash talking!!!!) give us some constructive feedback.

Thanks.
LC

Tempest

Knight

LadyCrimson;495534 said:
Without additional coded put into game, its not. :( Maybe in the future, but not possible right now.

Hm, I figured as much... Because all we had to do was set up choke points and have another group of people search for it, give us its location and password, and have us run to the book`s location with the password pretyped, or simply leave the dungeon and recall to the next one...

LadyCrimson;495534 said:
Please, more feedback about THIS event. I know Ferris and I felt the overall event went well; however, you guys were in it... so (withouth trash talking!!!!) give us some constructive feedback.

Thanks.
LC

It went pretty well, I agree. How about leaving a riddle in the books next time? Like you ask a question and the answer to the question would be the password that teleports you to the next dungeon. 1 word answer riddles of course... Kinda like the last book from this event.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

mmhmmmm We discussed using riddles (but something a wee bit more complex hehe) prior to the event. I'm sure this will be something incorporated as time progresses with the event.

morgster

Wanderer

I liked the event but I was there solo so it kinda sucked for me. I really enjoyed how the reds were pretty organized in that they were holding off the entrance while I am guessing some others searched the dungeon.

One suggestion maybe would be once someone finds the book and says the word a gate opens up to the next Dungeon (perferably inside the dungeon, to stop people from randomly recalling and locating the dungeon). That way it is easier to keep up with the group making it more interesting. What do you think?

Lucifall

Knight

LadyCrimson;495525 said:
ok, considering this doesn't sound much like the original.... no dungeon is going to permit equidistance without having the teams spawn side by side. In your image, the pink and green team have a significantly further way to go than the other teams because of the hall areas. Yes, this is just an example; however, most dungeons are worse than this one as far as offering up the ability to equate distance from a centralized point of interest.
As you can see, it was just an example. Obviously it would have to be studied further and such in order to make it balanced.

Next - what is the point of the safe zones? Free resurrections? Guard whack other teams?
Avoid pure camping/choke points/rezzing without getting instantly killed. There would be no guards in there, it would pretty much make people [invul while they are inside.

What happens when someone picks up the book, gets the gate, and leaves.... everyone else is standing there if they miss the gate. Having the book mobile doesn't make much sense. Please explain this more in depth.
More of a reason to fight each other instead of just stealthing and not fighting anything. I guess the event is supposed to be PvE, not 007. A global message could be sent saying "X team acquired the X dungeon book. A gate has been opened to the next dungeon.", warning everyone about the gate. It would last until the event is over.

Random teams in PvP events do not work well. I've seen some of our more prominant guilds "at work" in a standard FFA or CTF event. Its actually frustrating because they will block their own teammates so their guild mates on the other team can kill them. I'm not sure I'd want to be teamed up with 3 guildies while their other guildies are on another team. I'm pretty much biting dirt if I grab an ltot.... I see it in CTFs and FFAs for a meer 500 gold. No way these same folks won't do it for a few million in prizes.
Well, at least they wouldn't be fighting together in such a manner they'd be almost invicible because of sheer number/organization.

Taking out the bulk of the spawn (the champ spawn critters) pretty much eliminates a good portion of the PvE. The spawn is part of the fun in PvE... what good is PvE when the E is modified to suit the needs of people going into the dungeon?
Shit load of spawns + shit load of people just makes it frustrating when people are trying to fight each other to get to the book.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

The suggested event above is more of an organized team event much like the other PvP events that have been held and by removing the "E" in PvE (or a good portion of it) it becomes another PvP event. Its not that I'm sayings its a terrible idea, its just a severe mutation of the original idea with safety nets all over the place and a bigger focus on the PvP aspect of the event rather then the entire event as a whole as it is intended to be.

I do like the idea of maybe making the jump location be inside the dungeon... perhaps even random.

My guess is - playing without a net wasn't much fun?

and.. allow me to elaborate further:
Shit load of spawns + shit load of people just makes it frustrating when people are trying to fight each other to get to the book = PvE

Lucifall

Knight

LadyCrimson;495563 said:
The suggested event above is more of an organized team event much like the other PvP events that have been held and by removing the "E" in PvE (or a good portion of it) it becomes another PvP event. Its not that I'm sayings its a terrible idea, its just a severe mutation of the original idea with safety nets all over the place and a bigger focus on the PvP aspect of the event rather then the entire event as a whole as it is intended to be.

I do like the idea of maybe making the jump location be inside the dungeon... perhaps even random.

My guess is - playing without a net wasn't much fun?

and.. allow me to elaborate further:
I do understand what you mean. The suggestions were just to make it an overall more enjoyable event for the less organized/powerful parties involved.

Also, even with the champion spawn disabled, there were still alot of christmas mobs all over the place to compensate for it.

wwebb

Sorceror

LadyCrimson;495509 said:
Actually - 1 stealther was LEAPS and BOUNDS ahead of everyone (good 5 minute lead) but the last book was hidden in such a way they did not see it.... giving everyone else time to catch up.

LC

Yea that was pretty sadisti^H^H clever. I still wouldn't have been able to handle that treasure room alone :p

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Ahhhh so it was you :) I tell ya, I got to the edge of my seat when you showed up in that room.. and then you stood RIGHT NEXT to the chest. *laughs* when you left, I was like OMG! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

I think as a trial run the event went well. Ferris and I definitely saw some things to improve upon and.. if you thought this one was remotely difficult... yeahhhhhhhh just wait ;)

I figured Ferris would have thrown in a Ring of the Vile in one of the chests filled with Emeralds

EvilChild

Knight

Stealthers need to be auto revealed throughout the event. Or, at least be revealed from time to time automatically.

What good is using team work, PvP skills, PvE, when you can just stealth up to the book naked and go through the whole process without doing any work?

Other than that, I think the reward at the end needs to be equal to the amount of work/people needed to complete the event. Considering that you had to run through 3 dungeons in Fel that were populated with not only regular mobs but also special holiday mobs... and then fight 4 ancient liches + 4 brainwashed reindeer... that more or less instant respawn. And then all of the enemy players along the way too. I think 4 ltots + some marties was a little weak imo.

Those gripes aside, I thought it was a pretty sweet idea for an event. But, I think the execution of the event was lame.

cuattamu

Knight

This might help a little if you can figure out how to make it work. Separate entrees into teams and make it so they must advance together as a group. Anyone that has hopes of winning has to help out their teammates. Unfortunately, this opens up the possibilities of sabotages.

I would have LOVED 4 ltots and some marties, so I think the prize sounded great. Not that I would step foot into Fel unless I absolutely have to. Much like in real life, it is much harder to follow the good and rightous path that to turn to the dark side.

I follow the hard path.

wwebb

Sorceror

EvilChild;495577 said:
Stealthers need to be auto revealed throughout the event. Or, at least be revealed from time to time automatically.

What good is using team work, PvP skills, PvE, when you can just stealth up to the book naked and go through the whole process without doing any work?

I was revealed numerous times, I believe the holiday mobs have the ability.