UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

CUB

Smokeuog

Sorceror
^^ hah I would too but it would need constant attention for a while anyway.. I'm not at all knowledgeable when it comes to advertising so I have no sweet clue what kinda per ad/day/week or what ever cost that would be but I know Site owners can get rich off them so it might be expensive to do in the high traffic sites we'd need. Idk I'm sure someone knows something about it around here... Lol

TRADE MAN

Squire
I agree 100% with Ghost. We need to be out there advertising. I for one have been on every shard i can think of trying to bring players back, offering them house, gold,stock and etc. I have brought back several players so far and plan on bringing many more. So tbh I dont see why we can't multi task. Most of us are grown men, even know we dont always act like it. Meaning, we should be capable of getting this doen and also still have CUB. Of course any event that gets players excited I am 100% for. And i know poor Suzy has alot of work cut out for her, and dont think for one second that some of us out here dont appreciate it. We can all do a better job, and to me, the server is looking better than it has in the past few weeks. Dungeons have been kickin and alot of pvp. If you cant find pvp, its because you are not looking for it. Anytime you want some...come tell Wedge. Im down to live or die anytime. =)

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
Better than CUB solution -

1. Rare buying vendor

Mk = Market Price

Vendor Buy = (.5)*Mk
Vendor Sell = (2)*Mk

Gold sink and rare deletion. With this many items you need a gold faucet to add money while 'rares" are drained out of the economy.

The true question, who has time to add, categorize, and price the thousands of "rares" on the shard?

2. Vendor Taxation

Tax vendors 1% of items listed value. Allowing items to float within the economy will bring relative prices up.

3. Denounce CUB

Strike down the devil that is CUB. Denounce it's expected return and end hoarding on speculation.

OR

Just do a CUB. Listen to the same people who were given inside information about "Events" before they were announced. Listen to those whom have most to gain from this, the lobbyists. But whatever else you do, do not listen to reason.

Milliar

Traveler
10 things we need before another CUB

1. out of game promotion by the community to get new players
2. in game promotion of upcoming changes
3. a serious faction update that has "pvp rewards"
4. a dungeon reward system for the pvmers
5. new monsters/paragons/ and levels to dungeons
6. those stealable rares need to be seasonal and change every 3-6months to something else(producing true rares)
7. sallos working for patched clients
8. a serious duel pit system upgrade(betting system, big areana for massive fights, a reset of the duel ladder, a 2v2-5v5 and guild duel ladder )
9. a GOOD bounty system(not some gay uof every death=24hours stat bs)
10. a better attitude towards new/returning players and each other as a community cuz we are just playing a game after all. some of you guys are very personal and huge trolls

Its funny because everyone claims they want a better hybrid but few people actually are doing anything to try to improve it except complaining. I personally been messaging every pvper i know/knew telling them sallos is back and changes are coming. Been trying my hardest to push for the above changes(I've made threads for almost all of them explain exactly how they could work) but I understand it is alot for one person(Suzy) to code.

Bottom line we gotta pull together to make this stuff happen. I apluad the new staff because lets be real in the short time they been in control we have seen more changes and staff interaction in 6 months then we had seen for years before.

im aggreed with 8 for sure since t2a gone i never saw someone in duel pit man..İ dont know gms just wanted it or no?

Neppg

Sorceror
Better than CUB solution -

1. Rare buying vendor

Rare buying/selling vendor would be cool if it doesn't include one of a kind items; since there's a reason for them being one a kind of course :p

Only problem with it is that it would raise the market value of the items available in the vendor, since why would anyone sell for half a price, sellers would probably realize if they sell a little lower than the vendor, players would buy said items from the sellers.

Smokeuog

Sorceror
Or, ya know, just a massive wipe of all these ugly and worthless 'semi rares.'
Would be nice but sooooooo hard to set emblem/values to each different kinda handout as there are thousands over the years as someone mentioned.. I just don't see it happening easily, if at all lol

Neppg

Sorceror
Would be nice but sooooooo hard to set emblem/values to each different kinda handout as there are thousands over the years as someone mentioned.. I just don't see it happening easily, if at all lol

I think he meant the semi rares should just be wiped without any event taking place.

Pubes

Wanderer
Yea, just delete all the worthless ones that arent even good deco
Without the players knowledge, just up and delete their stash? Seems kinda unfair. Even though I know that in the handout rules it states that a handout can be deleted at anytime etc.

Pubes

Wanderer
Since some want CUB, and some do not.. why not just make a type of system for handout turn ins....ergo like CUB but instead of emblems you get a random item or check.. Say for instance you drag your "Ron Paul" shirt in the "handout barrel" and a random item for example -( a reg bag, 10 pack explo pots, a wand, on up to higher end dragon head, statue maker etc..) or a check of some random amount appears in your bag. Of course the higher end rewards would have a lower chance to spawn, but still a chance. You could also have a chance to get nothing at all. Maybe a book saying better luck next time or the "handout barrel" says it to you... This Idea seems plausible to suit both sides of this debate.

Smokeuog

Sorceror
Since some want CUB, and some do not.. why not just make a type of system for handout turn ins....ergo like CUB but instead of emblems you get a random item or check.. Say for instance you drag your "Ron Paul" shirt in the "handout barrel" and a random item for example -( a reg bag, 10 pack explo pots, a wand, on up to higher end dragon head, statue maker etc..) or a check of some random amount appears in your bag. Of course the higher end rewards would have a lower chance to spawn, but still a chance. You could also have a chance to get nothing at all. Maybe a book saying better luck next time or the "handout barrel" says it to you... This Idea seems plausible to suit both sides of this debate.
^^ would be sweet actually... Weps and armor can be sold to npcs and there are SOOOOOOO many houses filled to the brim with Weps and shit purely being stocked for emblems.. Really defeats the whole point of cub imo lol... not that I held onto more then a chest or 2 of garbage old handouts but would be nice to trade all that crap for at least a chance at a decent rare lol

TRADE MAN

Squire
Maybe for cub there should be a rlly hard to get top prize. That would make some of the items from cub a true rare and seriously take down the item count to get world saves down too. Plus CUB makes doing idocs way more fun and maybe more guilds will participate in those. I dont see any reason that cub would hurt anyone, only help. Of course some the other events mentioned in this thread would be very nice, but it shouldnt affect cub at all. Nothing wrong with doing more than 1 event lol

Amerigo

Sorceror
CUB did have really hard to get top prizes. But, since the event went on so long, IDOCers were stashing so many emblems those items became common.

Having another event just encourages more people to hoard items on the server that would usually decay. People start storing items from IDOCs they would usually toss in the trash barrel.

I just see a lot of IDOCers in here hoping to get a free ticket to get something valuable for all the junk they're storing up.