UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Current SVN changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
any wearables crafted from colored leather will now be pigmentable, as well as the heritage item weps and armor, and champ replicas.

Does this mean sandals too? Or any of the other craftable leather footwear? I would test this myself if I had pigs.

Oh and, do the heritage items include all the deco stuff like the Cherry Blossom Trees, Apple Trees, Fountain of Life, etc? How are heritage items going to be obtained here? Donation store?

Xavier

Account Terminated
any wearables crafted from colored leather will now be pigmentable, as well as the heritage item weps and armor, and champ replicas.

Does this mean sandals too? Or any of the other craftable leather footwear? I would test this myself if I had pigs.

Yes yes, yes and uh hu. Everything trailor-crafted leather that we thought of to try on OSI, did allow pigments if they were crafted from a colored leather. Including sandals. I told everyone weeks ago, the pigment colored sandals were NOT really a rare thing, and it will get fixed.

BrotherDon

Sorceror
im also curious as to how heritage tokens will be obtained, having not been on osi in ten+ years this is the first ive heard of them

BrotherDon

Sorceror
another question, mia and i went to bedlam to check out the pestilence spawn and its still definitely spawning neria undead. we burned a few candles to make sure, does pestilence always spawn in bedlam or is it random between pest and neria? if its alwas suppose to be there then there seems to be a problem.

Xavier

Account Terminated
I dont think we will actually use the tokens. if we do, it will be later, once some of the stuff already out there from other things balances out a little. Thats almost irrelevant tbh, we dont have promotional, "bring a friend and get a rare" or pre-ordered box sets to attach them to, so we need our own reason/way to get the stuff out there be it a token or the actual items.. :)

Right. You are absolutely correct. The pestilence spawn isnt setup yet. Reason being: id hate to have people down there doing it all day, only to find out the hard way, that I forgot to enable the talisman drops. We COULD turn it on for just the arties, but everyone was talking about talismans and pestilence, etc. i couldnt do it.

We will post an update when we've resolved this,. Will be soon

Xavier

Account Terminated
Theres a small confusion about those talismans and pestilence, due to the wording of the description we used. It might go in shortly.

^^ Pestilence is on.,

BrotherDon

Sorceror
so pestilence is in bedlam now but is or isnt dropping talismans?

also regarding tokens, like i said i didnt even realize they were from promotional things like recruit a friend. if thats the case maybe since we have greatly increased vet rewards they could begin where vet rewards stop here, or as someone else mentioned donation store items. just as long as they arent like tots1 and cost ten times my house to put a ladder in it ill be happy haha.

thanks again xavier and everyone else that helps to make this the best free shard ive ever played on, i wish i didnt work all day so i could donate more then some token feedback on forums.

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
Lets just ask folks how the tokens could be incorporated into the shard.

Do piss trickle stuff even. Like the Evil Animated Clothing. Drop a few here and there. Gives people a cheap thrill and the fun of getting an item. Or any invasion or small thing like that. =D

I dunno about how anyone else feels but damn those nailed pixies on a wall are way freaky. Gives me the heeby jeeby's lol XD

Xavier

Account Terminated
so pestilence is in bedlam now but is or isnt dropping talismans?

also regarding tokens, like i said i didnt even realize they were from promotional things like recruit a friend. if thats the case maybe since we have greatly increased vet rewards they could begin where vet rewards stop here, or as someone else mentioned donation store items. just as long as they arent like tots1 and cost ten times my house to put a ladder in it ill be happy haha.

thanks again xavier and everyone else that helps to make this the best free shard ive ever played on, i wish i didnt work all day so i could donate more then some token feedback on forums.

Well, as far as I am concerned, it all should retain some desirability and value and not end up like those mining carts that people try to unload by the hundreds. all the deco 7th year items are already just plain common. Thats the result of many events and the donation store. On the other hand the blessed weps and armor are still very rare.

Thats what we have been talking about, in lieu of the tokens. The useful every day items, by no means should be top of the rarity list, but those weps, for example, would be nice to stay how they are: rare. Theyre nothing but show-off eye candy for your suit at the end of the day.

As for the pestilence spawn... wow. We just ran that in the open in Malas, and umm .. theres no way in hell that thing is going to work in that little hole called bedlam. The spawn and area size scaling needs to be done before anyone even has a chance to finish that spawn. Ill get that coded this week. Dont get me wrong, its there and running, and you can go feel free to have at it all you want... but dont expect a happy conclusion to that venture. :D

Do piss trickle stuff even. Like the Evil Animated Clothing. Drop a few here and there. Gives people a cheap thrill and the fun of getting an item.

I am totally in favor of this sort of approach. A lot of people wanted these items for a long time, some people did some really hard work to make it happen, and the last thing I was to see is any of those fairly nice items turning into the next mining cart,

Did you notice any of the ancient old OSI rares out too? :) Ive a lot more on hold till I can make a few chances and finish the water barrels/buckets/tub to behave properly.

oh well. That can have more thought later. Right now, i just want to think about a beer and some pizza.

BrotherDon

Sorceror
Ill have to do some research into what heritage there actually are. the stuff like holy sword and shimanos best bow are heritage items? are those the blessed weapons you were refering to cause those are pretty much just eye candy. So did pest get added later today or is it not guaranteed spawn? we were there in the AM and it was still neria

edit: looks like its mostly just decorations, the few weapons seem gimmicky and for bank sitting for the most part. thats cool.

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
Xavier I took a crew of folks into test out Pestilence. We banged it out in about 2 hours with 2 GD 3 sampires and 3 mage necros =D

Didn't get anything. Most of us agreed it was easier to do than was the undead. Granted some people can solo the undead that WAS in there. But we needed to work as a team. Banged out some damn fine tactics ta boot. If it stays as is mob wise. It was most fun. I'll be posting some tactics we used in the general section shortly.

---

OSI rares? Not sure what you mean. But then again I was testing the new champ =)

BrotherDon

Sorceror
Im not sure how you can say its easier than a spawn most sampires solo in 30-45 minutes if it took your six guys 2 hours to do that one but if it does have new items on it might be worth keeping it that way atleast until those new items show up on more ML spawns, more fun to have to work for the new stuff then just press the target nearest , activate whirlwind macro bound to mouse 4 while I watch TV.

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
Not everyone likes to just roll in with a sampire. True it was neat to watch them solo the undead. But what made Pest seem easier than undead. Was the team work and the flow of things. We died a bunch of times. Then we stuck with it until we had a strategy that we could see work. Bam! Easy to finish. So the length of time mostly eaten was the initial trial and error. Should anyone try my tactics we ended up using. It maybe worked in about an hour and a half-ish. =D

A good example of why it felt easy was't saying soloing the undead was't good. As much as taking a group in a new tough area and it reminded me of Halloween Town. lol

Come on now. That was a royal fudge factory when people popped in new XD

Xavier

Account Terminated
Was its population as dense as the one in Malas? that was just terrible once it got to the last two levels, kill dragons, players. ffs, I thought they were gonna get bored and start killing each other. :D

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
Funny you should mention it. We completed the one in Bedlam under Umbra's healer. So you are saying there is another Pestilence else where?? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.