UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Current SVN changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier

Account Terminated
Suggestion: If you aren't planning on copying OSI exactly with these rare items. Maybe this is a good area to make things on demise more unique and exciting. I propose introducing some or all of these items as rare drops in otherwise empty areas of the game. Specifically, Fel dungeons would be prime candidates. I could see some of these items spawning in the depths of shame or hyloth etc either on the ground or in a monsters pack.

I am totally in agreement. Maybe not specifically the fel dungeons, because historically these spawned items have been mirrored in both facets. Maybe it would be a good idea, yeah maybe. Or maybe just change it up here and there. Hell, Igot about 150 items that were spawned one way or another on OSI over the years. I would think that with the 150ish oldschool 'rares' alone, we have enough to do a little bit of everyones ideas :D

lukin69

Knight
I am totally in agreement. Maybe not specifically the fel dungeons, because historically these spawned items have been mirrored in both facets. Maybe it would be a good idea, yeah maybe. Or maybe just change it up here and there. Hell, Igot about 150 items that were spawned one way or another on OSI over the years. I would think that with the 150ish oldschool 'rares' alone, we have enough to do a little bit of everyones ideas :D

like. like. like.

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
150 items isn't something to get bored with to soon =D

Try tossing the thread into the general section for everyone to drum up idea's for how to put them into the game?

1-I think the invasions seem to go very well. So that is one obvious way.

2-Winners of mini events like the PVP and team ups CTF could get a few smaller items.

3-the crazy chicken thing, when you let those psycho fast chickens loose at TOT time was especially hilarious XD
(plus really hard to pin down)

4-No one and I mean no one uses the Pitt in the fighter town of uh...jhelom? The huge one with the catwalk over it. That would be an epic arena. Never used. GM's could have a very nice thing going on with that. Not so much the Umbra stadium though. That one is hard to view the action.

The best we have is the info on stratics uoguide and the OSI forums(which maybe under used?). Inaccurate or not. Its still closer than in most cases when we lack OSI players.

That's really a non-issue when anyone can create a trial account and fiddle with stuff on OSI TC. Yeah, it's only 14 days, but it's still pretty valuable for double-checking stuff.

Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to get Talismans on OSI TC. :p
But I've been way busy the last couple of weeks to look into it.

lukin69

Knight
Wish you could make some of those rares randomly pop in level 6 map chests in lieu of a minor artifact ;) but alas.. heh

Xavier

Account Terminated
150 items isn't something to get bored with to soon =D

Try tossing the thread into the general section for everyone to drum up idea's for how to put them into the game?

1-I think the invasions seem to go very well. So that is one obvious way.

2-Winners of mini events like the PVP and team ups CTF could get a few smaller items.

3-the crazy chicken thing, when you let those psycho fast chickens loose at TOT time was especially hilarious XD
(plus really hard to pin down)

Now you know, how much I love to catch people offguard. We cant let them come up with all the ideas! That chicken thing, that was hysterical and actually came from a little incident where I was bored lurking around brit mg. Blues in the gz, tony danza outside staring them down, you know, another night at the mg.

Well, I figured Id plop a couple chickens down, to amuse myself. So, two of them, speed -1 which is faster than any player can run. 5000 dex, all 200.0 skills, 60k hit points, and min 1 / max 1 damage. Just the perfect sort of thing to annoy the livig hell out of someone. But I left them non- aggressive. I could have predicted it. Tony Danza went right after one. then realized not only didnt it die, but the damage didnt even register on its health bars. I think he had one of "oh shit" moments, cause he took off runnig. It didnt take him long to realize that wouldnt work, and he came running by again, yelling "OMG HELP! HELP! RIGGED CHICKEN, OMG F-ING HELP, RIGGED CHICKEN!". I guess you would have had to see this scene and him trying to put distance between himself and the psychotic chicken. But, I damn near pissed myself laughing. And once he realized it wasnt really gonna kill anyone, he sat there and tried to kill it. 30 minutes later, hes still beating on this damn thing and yelling "FU X, I KNOW YOURE HERE, FU AND YOUR CHICKEN".

It was positively hilarious, and hence the "rigged chickens" I cut loose at events sometimes were born :D

TommyLeeRola

Wanderer
You know what? Thats twice now. I suggest you umm go do it your god damn self if you dont like what I am doing. ok ? I will NOT put another scrap of my work (or anyone elses thats actually usable) into that test center and wait a year for everyone to ignore it, like they have everything I put there almost. Its not happening. I cant help a lot of people want to walk into the TC look in their bankbox and see if the item looks right, but some of these systems would need REAL testing, and well, Im going to say it: only a few people have put any real effort into going on the test center, and testing anything they cant sit at their bank box to test. I wouldnt want to do it either, ok. That much I can accept. But I am not about to sit here and wait for some approval requirement that doesn't even exists before we have anything added on demise. But, far too much of my code and others' has been pissed away in limbo getting too old to even use anymore.

That being said? The player-land red tape has held up progress here long enough. I am not in player-land, I commit my own work, and I am responsible for my own work. I test it well enough to make sure it wont DAMAGE demise or the data, and check it over to see if there's anything obvious, and then I go with it.

I am all too well aware of the grudge you have against me and just about ALL of Demise staff, you know, we didnt kiss your buddys ass and nod and agree with everything she said? That one? The one you gave me a huge argument about last time I put some work into demise a couple weeks ago? Hell last time you basically gave me a raft of "how dare you disagree with her" bullshit. Yeah, Im sure you and her would love it if nothing would go on demise with your approval, but it doesnt work that way. You guys did me a favor, checking code for me. I appreciated it when it actually was done. But, some how a couple of you attempted to inflate that to some kind of player right to veto a code change. Not happening.

And you, yourself told me none of us were smart enough or knowledgeable enough to be worthy of disagreeing with this friend of yours? Ya. Sorry, buddy. Reality isnt like that, and anyone who thinks it is, well theyre damn delusional. ANYONE can be wrong, especially someone who demands and insists that 4 GMs and admins are all dead wrong, and she knows everything. Yeah, pixies dont cast when they die.

Oh and BTW. Please tell you friend to post her thoughts herself.. you sound completely confused attempting to relay this crap for her.

As for any other shard using RunUO? The SVN I commit to is a DEVEL SVN. Im not sure if you are aware of what that means?? Its basically code in progress. If they just want to run a stable shard, not code, not have to fix stuff, then they should never be updating from a DEVEL repository anyway. But, the fact is, itll be just fine.

And thats that. I am going to ask you one time, to just not address me on these forums anymore, do not address what I, or anyone else is working on. Your negativity, and your friends god forsaken ego are exactly the sort of crap that has helped keep Demise' progress stalled for the last couple years. That BS is over now, while I accept any productive/constructive input from anyone who has some to offer, I do not and will not seek your or her approval for anything.

Yeah, this all sounds compltely batshit and out of nowhere, but its exactly the crap he tried to lay on me in PM a couple weeks ago, when I actually got something done without their approval. This is just ridiculous, and it wont waste another second of my time. And why did I call this one out so.. well he's taken to trying to make me look bad to you all, for nothing more than try to get shit done. Theyve had at least 3 different people come here and try to criticize me, and accuse me of ridiculous crap like this. The fact is, theyd be perfectly happy if demise never saw another update again as long as nothing went into without their approval. .. and please dont any one take this wrong, but umm these two characters ARE just players. I dont know where the hell they presume to have receivesd all this authority from.

You know, an admin a lot older on Demise than me, said to me a couple weeks ago: "Demise always seemed to work best when it was just 2 or 3 runuo developers coding and updating things, and no one else getting involved." I totally disagreed with him at the time, but this sort of bullshit tends to edge me towards his side of that discussion. But, I will not take any thing, including players' freedom to express honest concerns and productive criticism just because of the actions of a couple jackasses.

Sorry everyone, Ive just been sniped at one time too many from that corner in the last couple weeks. It was time to call it what it is, IMO.

This is not a matter of aproval or disaproval. In the same pm you metioned you told me you didnt need any help, that you and other staff members were going to do it all alone and that your coding knowledge was enough. Now only a few days after what am i seeing? You coding things wrong.
I really dont care about whats going to be added and how its going to be added, but when i see something that is wrong i go there and say it is wrong.
If you dont like people criticizing your work when its not done right then ill stop posting and you will prolly keep coding things wrong.
Way to go OSI like.

Xavier

Account Terminated
This is not a matter of aproval or disaproval. In the same pm you metioned you told me you didnt need any help, that you and other staff members were going to do it all alone and that your coding knowledge was enough. Now only a few days after what am i seeing? You coding things wrong.

That shows how much you pay attention. The code you are bawling about is Malganis'. I said that up front. I fixed the couple things that were actually harmful, cleaned up a couple things, and merged it with more recent changes. Ill make sure its fixed before you ever get any of them. Maybe 2012 or something. :)

And while you are trying to tell me what I said, I suggest you go read it all again. I dont need you, I dont need [your friend], I dont need anyone who is going to waste more time arguing and bitching and stroking their ego, than being productive. I dont need any one who is going to attack everyone who disagrees with them, and I was tired of watching your friend attack every player who found something on OSI that she didnt know. I dont need ANY one person enough to put up with this shit, and I sure as hell dont need ANYONE that thinks they are so good that no one has any business correcting them when they are wrong (yet mind you, the only contribution they made is screen shots and wouldn't even add the required TWO LINES to describe the problem). No one else was 'too good' to put that desc, why was she? heh. That is what I dont need, and you seem to have overlooked the fact that my very posting here was asking for help to get things in... pfft, Ive told Demise players get off their ass and help many times. I doubt anyone will believe your drivel here. But, thats because I find even average joe to be much more helpful than one self-proclaimed expert who does nothing but cause conflict and obstructionism.

As for [your friend] ? Im sure shes sitting here reading this constantly - afterall we've heard that shes been quietly dropping private messages on people who ask for help on these forums still. Hey, thats pretty cool of you if you feel the way your ass hat friend here is relating to me on your behalf. But, if you are sending his ass here to start this shit with me for the last two weeks, you are going to join him.

And really? Plenty of those items are correct 100%. Yes, cause I should always put off an entire project until you and [your friend] tell me its ok, yes? Thats why this code sat here for 2 years. The attitude quit, I had enough waiting on player-generated red tape, and stuffs getting done. I think thats all that needs said. Honestly, I dont know who the hell you or her think you are. Its not your place or hers to come here telling staff what to do and what not to do, and Im siding with psz now., unfortunately, its time to do one of two things: 1. remove certain players from this process with extreme prejudice or 2. close it up and take it private.

Now as soon as you join her, itll probably be a fairly positive community here, and im not waiting on you to decide to. Ill see you in a few minutes. You wasted enough of my time already, and the bullshit "approval" [your friend] Bama thought she had some god given authority that allowed her to make decisions on demise that has postponed enough updates, and caused people to sit here looking at code thats it a year old and still not in? It was just an egocentric delusion. Any player or other community member that ever sits here attacking staff or players for merely disagreeing will be shut down the first time, so those of us who actually know how to do something more than take screenshots and refuse to put a two line description of the problem being reported can move on without anyones obstructionist bullshit. Thats my fault to be honest. I probably should have banned Bama from this forum the first time she attacked other people who are also just trying to help, and I know damn right I should have banned her the first time she attacked staff.

And now .. shes gone, 10x as much stuff is getting done by me alone than was by the entire community after her obstructionism put so much stuff on the shelf and put other players off from helping, and its fairly obvious someone's deluded ego cant stand it.

Too bad. I will not allow you OR her to screw around with any ones enjoyment or our progress here and Ill see you in about 5 mins to show you myself.

BTW - D-Nox. Youve been ban evading for a good long while now. No one needs to ask me why :) Ive tried to hand out this advice so often in the last 6 months, but no one seems to learn. People with skeletons in their closet should not be getting in staff's faces and starting trouble. Its just common sense.

Xavier

Account Terminated
How ironic. "WarUO and Adon like this". That actually makes me feel bad. If I am remembering correctly, WarUO / Slayer was one of the first very helpful, and knowledgeable (not to mention, kind, and capable of respectfully discussing difference of opinion) people to leave us when she started being an ass to everyone. I didnt see it coming then, but all of us on staff should have. It should have been one huge red flag that made us all stop and think.

Sorry man. I didnt really want to get into a conflict till it turned on me, but its my job to do exactly that here. I figured "theyll work out their differences". But,I should have shut it down from the very start. I guess a lot of us rather try to avoid confrontation until it hits us in the face.

Suggestion: If you aren't planning on copying OSI exactly with these rare items. Maybe this is a good area to make things on demise more unique and exciting. I propose introducing some or all of these items as rare drops in otherwise empty areas of the game. Specifically, Fel dungeons would be prime candidates. I could see some of these items spawning in the depths of shame or hyloth etc either on the ground or in a monsters pack.
I do agree with this a lot.

And to play devil's advocate, we don't even really have to be "departing from OSI" here to do some of these. It's already well-established that none of the OSI shards match each other fully in terms of events. And Demise is younger than all the existing OSI shards, which means we missed out on some of those events anyway... Moral of the story: Demise staff can be 100% truthful and justified to claim that they're "matching OSI" while holding whatever the heck sort of events they want.

Hence, I'm all for seeing what creativity staff can muster, even if I'm not around that particular day/time to personally experience it. And alongside events come all those sort of "quirks" and "easter eggs," which likewise match between shards even less than the events do.

Overall, I'd definitely like to see what diabolical schemes Xavier can whip up for putting some of these rares onto the shard. And I do agree that having them drop in Fel dungeons would be a rather interesting thing. Would very likely at least give us a LITTLE more PvP.

It was positively hilarious, and hence the "rigged chickens" I cut loose at events sometimes were born :D
Those sound like tons of fun. My only possible complaint for that is that I missed out on all that fun... :p Will have to try to squeeze in some time to, y'know, actually play when you might sneak some in next time.

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
I'm still wondering after 2 years where my SPAM is?? XD

Rigged chickens = Spam? >;)

That would just make me laugh all the more from a funny mob.

Do a naughty version with brown colored snakes. The Evil Butt Snake Invasion: The Wrath of The Sewer King !! XD

HAVE AT THEE FOUL TURDS !!! lmao (so much wrong, yet I make myself laugh at my little immaturity)

Xavier

Account Terminated
You got your spam. Every PK char that claimed holiday gifts last year got 10. We used the old holiday gifts that OSI did in the 90s. Coal, spam, note that says "maybe next year you will get something nicer"...

Sorry guys. No updates. My local working copy's revisions got wacked. Tortoise couldnt fix it or even direct me to the actual problem, I couldnt find it, I tried to get it sorted and commit it, but again it was hundreds of files affected, and well after Demise restarted none of us were happy with the results. Some of my changes were reverted to a midway point in my coding of this week.

Marks had a ton of patience with me on this one, even after I said "to hell with it man, just revert." He screwed around with it enough to get it started, but Im not happy with the code / items.

Sorry guys, but shit happens sometimes.

And on the other side, Mark fixed the character creation packets and put it in last night. But, in doing so, clients older than 7.0.16 can not create characters now. If you want to make chars, all I can tell you right now is update - it should be ok now.

It was just one of those days, I guess.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
You got your spam. Every PK char that claimed holiday gifts last year got 10. We used the old holiday gifts that OSI did in the 90s. Coal, spam, note that says "maybe next year you will get something nicer"...

Sorry guys. No updates. My local working copy's revisions got wacked. Tortoise couldnt fix it or even direct me to the actual problem, I couldnt find it, I tried to get it sorted and commit it, but again it was hundreds of files affected, and well after Demise restarted none of us were happy with the results. Some of my changes were reverted to a midway point in my coding of this week.

Marks had a ton of patience with me on this one, even after I said "to hell with it man, just revert." He screwed around with it enough to get it started, but Im not happy with the code / items.

Sorry guys, but shit happens sometimes.

And on the other side, Mark fixed the character creation packets and put it in last night. But, in doing so, clients older than 7.0.16 can not create characters now. If you want to make chars, all I can tell you right now is update - it should be ok now.

It was just one of those days, I guess.

Not trying to be hateful...but not much of a patch if it breaks all previous working clients. I got 7.0.16.x working for my shard, and it has back support. :/

As for you losing all your work...major ouch, I do know what that is like. Can't blame you for wanting to give up either. Thanks for all your hard work Xavier. You gave a lot of us hope, and sure spiced things up here on the forums. Perhaps after a short break you'll be able to come back and hammer all of it out again, but easier this time. If not, maybe someone will take a page from your book and be willing to help code the missing work.

Xavier

Account Terminated
Not trying to be hateful...but not much of a patch if it breaks all previous working clients. I got 7.0.16.x working for my shard, and it has back support. :/

As for you losing all your work...major ouch, I do know what that is like. Can't blame you for wanting to give up either. Thanks for all your hard work Xavier. You gave a lot of us hope, and sure spiced things up here on the forums. Perhaps after a short break you'll be able to come back and hammer all of it out again, but easier this time. If not, maybe someone will take a page from your book and be willing to help code the missing work.

Hey now. Mark does a lot of work and he's damn good at what he does. He alone maintains the server side of the runuo project AND keeps razor updated. Shit happens. Less than optimal doesnt denote anything lacking or negative. If it did, well you would def be right about the other part. And speaking of that other part ...

I dont know how you got that impression about quitting. I dont give up!! I am coding right now.... :p

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Ah, well seemed like you were rather frustrated and was taking a break. Guess I did get the wrong impression. I also know Mark does great work, but in my opinion...I don't think it'd be a good idea to push updates like that to the svn if it breaks setting up a character on a previous client version. Unless it can't be avoided...just don't see why it couldn't be.

Good luck on your never ending battle on getting this stuff done. I would love to help, but I just find OSI so damn boring any more. Have more fun creating my own stuff. Although I know how important the stuff is that you are working on for RunUO to ever advance and include support for the ML and SA era. You're one of the few that gives everyone hope of this stuff being added to RunUO, as it seems the rest of the dev team is off doing their own things atm.

Keep up the great work, I'll keep watching your devel branch for updates. =D

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
Sooo.....that means what?

I don't understand what happened and about what? XD

All I understood was a thinga ma jig got lost with a doo hicky in a thinga ma bob and went kaput.

Not in a rude way, I am just confused as what (xavier) you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.