UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

DIY Naked template guide

Frasier

Sorceror
So, I have now soloed my first AW under professional guidance (thank you), huh what a dance :D

Too bad we had no para around....this time.

charliecoesr

Sorceror
hmm. I am considering building a completely naked template just for when i am bored and want a challenge.no blessed stuff just maybe a newbie robe. I will be making a SW so i wouldnt have eval. what combo of skills will give me the best defense chance? so far i am thinking sw,med,rs,some focus or chiv for the stam regen. what else?

Pont

Knight
hmm. I am considering building a completely naked template just for when i am bored and want a challenge.no blessed stuff just maybe a newbie robe. I will be making a SW so i wouldnt have eval. what combo of skills will give me the best defense chance? so far i am thinking sw,med,rs,some focus or chiv for the stam regen. what else?
With no blessed stuff? If you go for Chiv your book is blessed. Otherwise could throw in some wrestling without it?

charliecoesr

Sorceror
i should have been more clear. lol. i was referring to my clothing and what i wore. no arcane boots or mana regen hat just to make it interesting.if it turns out i die too much i may adjust my template. thanks for the feedback.

Frasier

Sorceror
i should have been more clear. lol. i was referring to my clothing and what i wore. no arcane boots or mana regen hat just to make it interesting.if it turns out i die too much i may adjust my template. thanks for the feedback.

What kind of set of skills you are using (skillpoints?). Stats?

charliecoesr

Sorceror
so far i have SW,wrestling,med, resist spells,focus,ss. stats are 125 str. 90 intel and the rest in dex. attempting to make it so i dont need regs or anything other than my books.

Frasier

Sorceror
With my little experience of naked char I would say that those (blessed) items which gives you some mr/hpr/lmc are really needed. And you'll have to use arcane focus lvl 4 or higher to survive with harder mobs.
I would suggest you to use similar temp as Pont has posted earlier in this thread.

I.e. hiding/stealth/ninjitsu has saved my life many many times already.

Mayar-demise

Sorceror
I need some clarification according using SW - I've noticed ppl using pixies as a main dmg source - why not imps?!
AFAIK imps share daemon pack instincts - or the imps summoned by the SW spell are different?

Frasier

Sorceror
It may take "a billion" feys to beat down the mob (like para AW), but still, feys will WIN :)
Sometimes also nature furys and feys makes a nice combo.

fiends are out classed in almost every aspect.
  • The base cast speed of pixies and furies are 1.5 seconds while fiends are 2 seconds. Each fc removes .25 seconds so at 4 fc its .5 seconds for pixies and furies and 1 second for fiends.

• The base move speed of pixies is "very fast" so they appear to skip to the targets. While fiends have a base speed of "medium" which in both pvp and pve is a fairly big deal.

• While fiends have pack instinct and a 50% fire/poison damage spread unless something else is tanking and is made easier to hit with discord and/or hit lower defense the pixies spells will out damage the fiends attacks.
  • Pixies and imps both die in 1-2 hits anyways so the hp/resists dont mean anything.
And no feys do not have pack instinct and spells don't get the bonus damage.

Pont

Knight
Raw stats/skills for a naked Chiv template:
Str 125, Int 75 rest in Dex

Hiding 100
Med 100
Chiv 80
Ninji 60
RS 120
SWing 120
SS 100
Stealth 40

Raw stats/skills for a naked necro template:
Str 125, Int 75 rest in Dex

Hiding 100
Med 90 (up with mods on book to 100+)
Necro 80
Ninji 60
RS 120
SWing 120
SS 110
Stealth 40

ninjaijk

Squire
i just have to point out,you forgot the blessed items from the new plyers quests in new heaven.those includes:
a full set of blessed leather armor with many abilities,like hp increase and reflect dmg
many weapons,with 5hci,10ssi and 25 di,including an awesome kriss (lethal always at hand) and a war fork (bleed/disarm)
bracelet with mr/sr and some resist
a shield i think,not done the parry quest
others (blessed sewing kit?you res,kill a cow,skin it,craft your tunic on the spot,lol)

concerning templates,pvm everything is alredy been said,with sw stand out.pvp,my assassin is able to run naked,and spam ds+infection combo for great hilarity,only thing u need is some hci.
o,and remember,both pvp and pvm,a 120 ninja cat form can beat lethal poison.

edit:forgot -10 mage weapon blessed staff

and fiends lowers your karma,too,wich may not be the best for chivalry

if your going for a blessed suited character just join factions, farm silver and then burn a few runics. Get a faction blessed 15hci weapon + totem + divine fury = 40hci. If you crafted wounding assassin spikes you could manage a hci and double hit spell weapon.

Pont

Knight
i just have to point out,you forgot the blessed items from the new plyers quests in new heaven.
Those didn't exist on Demise until recently. I now use the ring of savant and clasp of concentration.

if your going for a blessed suited character just join factions, farm silver and then burn a few runics.
Faction blessed items last 3 irl weeks. For this reason I use them to craft disposable arcane gear.