UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

People with high ping shouldn't play UO.

bennyw33d

Squire
Re: People with high ping shouldn't play UO.

my 30 to 40ms just dont cut it

Yep you have very nice pings, or should I say EXCELLENT pings, where are you living? 1 Floor upper then our server location? ;)

faulty

Wanderer

must be connected close to my backbone here in cincinnati ohio. Im on a high speed cable connection that connects into a fiber optic backbone. I normally get 3 to 10 megabits per second on dl's. yeah thats a song in 2 or three secs if there are enough sources to supply it to me that fast....bottle neck is normally server your connecting to. thats why donations are important on a shard/servers like this.

One of several fiber optic backbone maps in the US:

faulty

Wanderer

I really dont think I should notice 40ms=0.04seconds, but when my ping goes from 40ish jumping up to 80ish, i can start to notice it... anything below 80 i normally have 0 lag.

Lucifall

Knight

faulty;527759 said:
I really dont think I should notice 40ms=0.04seconds, but when my ping goes from 40ish jumping up to 80ish, i can start to notice it... anything below 80 i normally have 0 lag.

And here I though my 200-300 ping was bad.

faulty

Wanderer

This thread has cursed me......I averaged 40ms when I first posted on this thread. Since that day my average has dropped to 80 to 100 ms. :mad:

Blacula

Knight

This thread's popularity pleases me (much like Applesauce's mom.)

Carry on!

Lucifall

Knight

faulty;538221 said:
This thread has cursed me......I averaged 40ms when I first posted on this thread. Since that day my average has dropped to 80 to 100 ms. :mad:
I still think you are complaining with your belly full.

Lord Mars

Knight

witherspam with high ping (300ms) do work but i get to see results later due to slow connection :)

Attachments

• sskill01.jpg
    sskill01.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 217

Blacula

Knight

TheCoolSideofthePillow;540021 said:
How do I see my ping to the shard?

Start button > "Run.." > cmd.exe

Inside cmd.exe (Windows command-line), type "ping login.uodemise.com" without the quotes. You can type it in the normal color if you wish :p

p.s.: Sorry about the late answer, but I don't play Demise anymore and rarely check the forums.

lordwolfx

Knight

ive played demise on both 120~ pink and 17~ ping.

There is a huge difference.

Blacula

Knight

lordwolfx;551327 said:

I totally agree, and UO is such a ping-based game that horrible players (like Darkmage) could actually get kills because they pinged 40 and ran an MA/FB loop so fast their targets couldn't heal up. (He killed me several times with that bullshit for the record.) I had to weaken > weaken > poison > harm harm harm harm harm him to stop his loop with my 140 ping; there's a way around everything :)

parv_

Sorceror

lordwolfx;551327 said:

Well I ping to Demise aroud 120 - 150ms from UK. I ping to Defiance 15 on average. On Demise when I cast say gheal and keep on moving the mobile moves on 1 tile forward and goes back a couple of times, it kinda stalls... you know what I mean. On Defiance it beautifully stands still. Is it ping related or is it just server, you think? :confused:

Lucifall

Knight

parv_;551367 said:
Well I ping to Demise aroud 120 - 150ms from UK. I ping to Defiance 15 on average. On Demise when I cast say gheal and keep on moving the mobile moves on 1 tile forward and goes back a couple of times, it kinda stalls... you know what I mean. On Defiance it beautifully stands still. Is it ping related or is it just server, you think? :confused:

Ping related. Your char tries to moves but the server tells you to stand still while you cast the spell. On a 17ms ping that action is much faster in such a manner you don't notice it.

gugutz

Knight

I ping 300 - 600
When i cast, say, gheal, it most of the times freezes, takes more than 4 seconds to appear the target, then my character goes back and forth, then back to where i originally casted and i fizzle the spell because my spells' delay keeps changing all the time due to packet losses.

So yeah, i know how it feels. :(

Blacula

Knight

gugutz;551549 said:
I ping 300 - 600

Blacula said:
Start button > "Run.." > cmd.exe
Inside cmd.exe (Windows command-line), type "ping login.uodemise.com"

If you believe -ping is accurate, you're on crack cocaine. The end.