UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Scavenger hunt 2012!!

Thunder

Page
yes this will be starting tomorrow afternoon sometime. i will announce it in game as well as here on the forums and in irc.

there are a couple new things i want to point out.

if you find a book and are unable to pick it up, stay at the location and page in.

i have said some books will be loot drops from mobs, the ones on mobs will be in a pouch and you will need to take it out of the pouch.

hart1560

Squire
So what if someone finds a book and cant pick it up but then another person comes along just as your paging and pages but beats you to it because he can type faster,lol.Not good

BillyUOG

Sorceror
Thunder, will you be announcing how many you are putting out for the day and post when a book is found? I will be going about my normal UO routine but If I have the time to roam the world to look for books I'd hate to be doing that when there is none out there, if you know what I'm sayin.

Thunder

Page
i will be putting out 10 books per week for the month of oct.

not sure if i want to post if the books have been found because this event is for people to get out and explore the land. if i posted all the books had been found people would go back to banksitting until the next round of books are put out. i want people out searching and actually playing the game. get a group together and go exploring like the old days of uo when you were a newbie and was learning everything and had to search instead of just recalling around from spot to spot.

Code Blue

Knight
i will be putting out 10 books per week for the month of oct.

not sure if i want to post if the books have been found because this event is for people to get out and explore the land. if i posted all the books had been found people would go back to banksitting until the next round of books are put out. i want people out searching and actually playing the game. get a group together and go exploring like the old days of uo when you were a newbie and was learning everything and had to search instead of just recalling around from spot to spot.

Unless you hide them really good people are going to banksit anyways.

Better not show what prizes got removed as well then.

Thunder

Page
prizes will be removed as they are claimed. players can claim their prize anytime after they find a book.

Code Blue

Knight
prizes will be removed as they are claimed. players can claim their prize anytime after they find a book.

Okay then.. how about this idea

To make players explore the game more dont even say when its going to start.

Dont give a head start on the people who are just going to search up and down the second its announced.

Just lay the books and say nothing... Let the hunters find it.

If you do announce it, the 10 books will be found within a few hours tops regardless of where you put them.

But I dont know anything i've just been here 8 years..

Thunder

Page
well how about this.........

i can just cancel the whole thing and let players entertain themselves and stop doing events altogether?????

Steele Reserve

Sorceror
Just let the GM's run their events how they see fit and stop bitching, hows that for an idea? Its thunders event, let him run it how he wants and just enjoy the event. The more people bitch about something the less staff wants to do that again

Fides

Sorceror
Thunder thanks for doing the event :) Idk if I'll have a whole lot of time to do this, but its always nice to see stuff like this popping up on the shard and making things interesting and fun

Thunder

Page
the books are electric blue hued. you will know it when you see them. they are also titled "Scavenger Hunt 2012"

Steele Reserve

Sorceror

I think i might be misunderstanding this then? Is there only 10 books per week total? As in if per say one person finds all 10 there isnt any more? Or am i just misreading that?