UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Standard 7x

Do you agree with the proposed change?

• Yes

Votes: 203 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 132 33.6%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 58 14.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i hate noobs who run in the pits with platemail invul and a perf axe. its just over powered. and they wont duel std gm weaps/armour. on the other hand i see alot of hybrids dueling with gm weaps.

Legbone

Wanderer
I wouldn't support focus or taking mana away for special moves, i do like the idea of having to have at least 70 or 80 dex to be able to do a special move, but this still wouldn't balance out tanks who use magery only for healing... i think the best way to balance it out in duel pits is the gm armor/weapons ... and for field fighting, i would like to see vanq and invul a lot harder to get so more people would use gm.

Legbone said:
I wouldn't support focus or taking mana away for special moves.

I dont mean regular fencing special moves, in AoS you use a special move like precasting a spell. You use a hotkey for the special move and your next hit attempts it. In OSI UO it takes mana.

It makes it so dexers have to have skill instead of double click chase.

I am in favor of getting rid of vanqs, even on the field. I just get hit by a dexer for 60hp paralyzed and hit again=dead. And you fuckers bitch dexers are underpowered.

just loged in with an alt

hit with spear and paralyzed, hit 4 more times and dead before i could move. Yeah dexers are underpowered /scarcasm off

I don't know about anyone else, but it seems that this game has been around for quite a while. What is OSI doing about balances? They have a larger palyer base than here and I am sure they do a pretty good job at keeping things balanced. My reasoning for this is nothing more than the notion of a pay shard having more "man/woman power hours" available to work on such things. Mark does a great job don't get me wrong, but a single man can only do so much. I know some of you might say "OSI sucks" i wouldn't know, I never played on it. But it seems to me that in a game like this where there are SO many options for combat weapons and skills that there are strengths and weaknesses to every option you choose. To be the best it would seem to me that you would need to master one template and be able to beat ALL other templates by knowing their strengths and weaknesses. I don't think that CHANGING the game to suite your needs is good AT ALL. I think people should stop calling other people "newbs" because they find a way to win, call it cheap if you will, but they still win. If they can win without knowing much about the game, isn't there ANYWAY to beat them? I would personally like to see the game stop changing because of a handfull of people would like their template to be more effective. Just my opinion, I meant in no way to flame or offend anyone.

maveri8888 said:
I don't know about anyone else, but it seems that this game has been around for quite a while. What is OSI doing about balances? They have a larger palyer base than here and I am sure they do a pretty good job at keeping things balanced. My reasoning for this is nothing more than the notion of a pay shard having more "man/woman power hours" available to work on such things. Mark does a great job don't get me wrong, but a single man can only do so much. I know some of you might say "OSI sucks" i wouldn't know, I never played on it. But it seems to me that in a game like this where there are SO many options for combat weapons and skills that there are strengths and weaknesses to every option you choose. To be the best it would seem to me that you would need to master one template and be able to beat ALL other templates by knowing their strengths and weaknesses. I don't think that CHANGING the game to suite your needs is good AT ALL. I think people should stop calling other people "newbs" because they find a way to win, call it cheap if you will, but they still win. If they can win without knowing much about the game, isn't there ANYWAY to beat them? I would personally like to see the game stop changing because of a handfull of people would like their template to be more effective. Just my opinion, I meant in no way to flame or offend anyone.

Well theres more to it than that..... explosion potions were cheap because realistically they would hit everything around them not just your enemies and that was fixed.... bola tamers are cheap because all you have to do is knock someone off their mount and tell 2 NPC nightmares to kill, sit back and watch them die because mares are faster then people on foot :( and Magic arrow was cheap because anyone can spam it over and over to disrupt cure for 5-10 damage thank god it got fixed :) now we in 7x standard you can use any weapon and piece or armor in the game and some people don't like to waste their vanqs and invul armor at the duel pits or just don't have the time to get them in dungeons... i think it should be fair Exceptional items are available to everybody and that is what type of weapon people used in duels on OSI so i think it should be like that here. there is no fun in 3 hit kills with vanqs :(

I understand where you are coming from, but you do not feel that the people who take more time to get such items should have an advantage? That is kind of going against all other points as to the "newbs" coming in and just winning. If you make everything GM made, you are taking away from people who try hard in this game to better themselves. That's almost like saying that runic weps shouldnt be allowed in factions because the people with them have a much better chance of winning.

maveri8888 said:
I understand where you are coming from, but you do not feel that the people who take more time to get such items should have an advantage? That is kind of going against all other points as to the "newbs" coming in and just winning. If you make everything GM made, you are taking away from people who try hard in this game to better themselves. That's almost like saying that runic weps shouldnt be allowed in factions because the people with them have a much better chance of winning.

Well a duel is typically an even playing field.... that is why they have rules right? 5x no potions..... etc. the magic items in my opinion are the last thing that need to be fixed to have a perfect dueling system

I see both sides, I just favor people that work harder (normally been here longer) get the advantage instead of ANYONE who walks into this shard.

will stun remain in 7x? If so then fine. Because without protection in a 7x stun will be the only line of defense for the mage class so we're not getting hit 9 out of 10 times with a gm katana interrupting every spell we have.

I'm actually not sure, because without protection mages with normal leather armor will get hit 90% of the time and it won't allow us to cast spells let alone heal ourselves.

also make it insta recast
Id also like to be able to kill people in 1 explosion / ebolt because its fair
O yeah, GM poisoners should automaticly do lvl 5 poison like a poison elemental

If a dexer can stun me for 4 seconds and kill me before i can move or cast thats what i want.

Seroulsy though, another solution would be get rid of special moves alltogether and keep vanqs

Either that or make mage paralyze work for 4 seconds nomatter what.

2 things, make the game Siege style, and change the 7x Faggot duels. Vanq Hally's are gay, and I have stun and I'll even admit being able to use stun and protection in 7x is gay as well.

toadsoap said:
also make it insta recast
Id also like to be able to kill people in 1 explosion / ebolt because its fair
O yeah, GM poisoners should automaticly do lvl 5 poison like a poison elemental

If a dexer can stun me for 4 seconds and kill me before i can move or cast thats what i want.

Seroulsy though, another solution would be get rid of special moves alltogether and keep vanqs

Either that or make mage paralyze work for 4 seconds nomatter what.

ur probably one of the fags that totally gives up once you've been stunned
i fight stun mages all the time with my mage and i can get out of it and heal before they kill me a good 90% of the time
its not hard to just heal up
a 3-4 second para is not that long
homo

JenSlade

Wanderer
I didnt even realise what this poll whas about it just said do u agree with the proposed changes. hahaha i thought it was talking about the explode pot so i voted yet, but this change I vote no!

UO has always been a game about items. What is the point of magic weaps, and magic armor if u put this fix in. I say leave it how it is...just remove special hits in the 7x ruleset. Take out gay concussion and para and crushing hits.

JenSlade

Wanderer
A change that HAS to be implemented at the duel pits is an option for a LOOT duel!!! pls mark put this in this will make dueling at the pits 10 times more fun.

PS Get rid of gay special combat abilities :)

Status
Not open for further replies.