UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

SVN 676 Update (Jul 3, 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier

Account Terminated

Well no. This was not even on my mind, but looking at the nerve strike, thats going to be simple, I can do this in 20 min. The other is probably just as easy. I am at an impasse with correcting this right now tho. Yes, its broken, and yes its a bug and yes it definitely needs to be fixed.

but..

I think fixing anything that empowers any special weapon moves, should be deferred until the combat checks are fixed. Right now, special moves seem like they pretty much bypass the defenders' DCI and land with 2 or 3x the success rate of normal swings. From what I can gather about this, that is wrong. If that is the case, and it is wrong, dont you think correcting the increases in damage from these moves without correcting the combat checks would just compound the problem?

I dont know, Im open to input here, and I think I will at least leave this till tomorrow or the next day, so I can get a better idea of whats going on with the combat checks.

Thank you for your disponibility,
There are some major exploits which were communicated to you privately, these should have the priority.
Moreover, to answer to a lichlorded thread about a looted beetle:

I wouldn't be surprised if the luring was intentional to try and loot the beetle. (as for some reason, in Tram rules it's possible to loot the corpses of pets that aren't yours; don't recall if this is the case on OSI)

I recall this is not possible in OSI (was tested long with I.P.Knightly), there should be the report somewhere. That's another thing which should be fixed.

In the end, boats: in OSI you can't deploy more than 1 boat per account, here yes, also leading to behaviours which can be legal or illegal only about interpretations, although the point is this isn't OSI-like.

Hoping this can result in a new coding lymph (although I see it REALLY hard in a forum where you can't even upload files!) and not just in the periodical short coding burst of midsummer.

gilgamash

Knight
... Yes, its broken, and yes its a bug and yes it definitely needs to be fixed.

but..

I think fixing anything that empowers any special weapon moves, should be deferred until the combat checks are fixed. Right now, special moves seem like they pretty much bypass the defenders' DCI and land with 2 or 3x the success rate of normal swings. From what I can gather about this, that is wrong. If that is the case, and it is wrong, dont you think correcting the increases in damage from these moves without correcting the combat checks would just compound the problem?
Agreed on all, better take two more weeks or even 2 more months to implement those solid and compliant with the DCI thingy, which is in fact a little ignored.
Addendum from my side: I think the potion/bless/curse/remove curse thing is a real annoyance, so I will try to fix this next weekend. Way more important than exc. / colored bod chances imho.

Like to see you (back) in action, Xavier! Thanks for that (I seem to have not yet siad so).

Regards,
G.

Xavier

Account Terminated
Thank you for your disponibility,
There are some major exploits which were communicated to you privately, these should have the priority.
Moreover, to answer to a lichlorded thread about a looted beetle:

I recall this is not possible in OSI (was tested long with I.P.Knightly), there should be the report somewhere. That's another thing which should be fixed.

In the end, boats: in OSI you can't deploy more than 1 boat per account, here yes, also leading to behaviours which can be legal or illegal only about interpretations, although the point is this isn't OSI-like.

Hoping this can result in a new coding lymph (although I see it REALLY hard in a forum where you can't even upload files!) and not just in the periodical short coding burst of midsummer.

If you can get me an era for this, you can consider it fixed. Oh, Id so love to put a lid on those boats :D

Forget this about the exploit, that was someone else. I have no idea what youre talking about now. If you sent me something over last summer, I was gone half the year.

The only exploits I know of provided by you recently, another staffer came to check out with you. I asked them to come see what you had, and to tell you 'sorry, X just doesnt have the time right now'.

The exploit? Its 1 spell. 1 spell without a delay is hardly aramgeddon. 1 spell doesnt even counter the advantage dexers are getting with the DCI/HCI bug on special moves. Sure, it needs fixed, but i can think of a lot of issues that need attention worse than 1 spell.

Sorry if you disagree with me here, but the 1 spell even wastes some of the players' time in return for the lack of delay by taking time to equip and dequip the item in question. Ill PM you about a little trick which I think might clear this up for you.

If you can get me an era for this, you can consider it fixed. Oh, Id so love to put a lid on those boats :D

Forget this about the exploit, that was someone else. I have no idea what youre talking about now. If you sent me something over last summer, I was gone half the year.

The only exploits I know of provided by you recently, another staffer came to check out with you. I asked them to come see what you had, and to tell you 'sorry, X just doesnt have the time right now'.

The exploit? Its 1 spell. 1 spell without a delay is hardly aramgeddon. 1 spell doesnt even counter the advantage dexers are getting with the DCI/HCI bug on special moves. Sure, it needs fixed, but i can think of a lot of issues that need attention worse than 1 spell.

Sorry if you disagree with me here, but the 1 spell even wastes some of the players' time in return for the lack of delay by taking time to equip and dequip the item in question. Ill PM you about a little trick which I think might clear this up for you.

as I PMed you, I think there is a misunderstanding - I never mentioned the spell issue, and I am not talking about that one as the "private" one.

Fandul

Knight

Sure, if that's the case, the combat checks definitely needs fixing first, but would still be nice to have them as 'ready to go in whenever the combat checks are fixed'

Orion Lighter

Sorceror
If we're picking from that list, these have my vote:

1) SVN 672 - Numerous fixes and tweaks to the honor virtue and related systems.
2) Resizing Houses, you can resize a house by using a command under the house sign

Then I have no requests, thanks!

Xavier

Account Terminated
If we're picking from that list, these have my vote:

1) SVN 672 - Numerous fixes and tweaks to the honor virtue and related systems.
2) Resizing Houses, you can resize a house by using a command under the house sign

No, the list of fixes/issues is all stuff that been added in the last week and is waiting to go on demise now.

Hm, I use this skill in gaunt often in room 4, initiating tracking when the monster is still alive so that I can there and immediately unhide him.
That works, so I can just unvalidate the bug report...

G.
I'm not sure what you mean, G. It is a valid bug. Unless something very strange happens only in Gaunt, the skill only "works" because/if the Shadow Knight doesn't move.

right, so the bug seems to be VERY special:eek: But I do not wanna hijack this thread anymore
The bug isn't special at all, G - though the situation in Gaunt may be. If Fandul is correct though, it is just a case of patching to the 7.0.13.2 client and problem solved for everyone.

*goes off to patch up*

FE

*Edit* Patching the client does solve the problem. */Edit*

KchaosZ

Squire
Im not sure if this is in the works but i would like to see KI ATTACK capped to 35 like OSI... the 120,116,125,132 dmg hitters are getting quite annoying!

Xavier

Account Terminated
Im not sure if this is in the works but i would like to see KI ATTACK capped to 35 like OSI... the 120,116,125,132 dmg hitters are getting quite annoying!

If we can verify this cap belongs, Id be happy to.

Anyway. I really wanted to fixed the champion spawn problems, other than the replica drop fixes which are already in SVN, I should have seen it coming, its a lot lot lot of changes and things added to the champ spawns, I just didnt have time to get that finished before SW. Ill try to get those in next week.

So, I did add:

criminal players' corpses should not be lootable in any trammel ruleset
player corpses should not be carvable in any trammel ruleset
Drinking potions while mounted should not show the drinking animation.
Lots of fixes to replica items, and several corrections to the actual drops for different spawns.
Numerous fixes for the honor virtue system
Fixed the failure in the SE checks for weapon specials.

... and ...

I dont know how I managed to forget to list this, or maybe I was just trying to annoy everyone, but the guild roster gumps' default sort order is fixsd too.

Look for all these champ spawn fixes next time:

1 instance running in t2a, and 1 in dungeons, and ilsh are always able to restart
component fixes for the platform
hue fixes for the platform
diminishing spawn area size for increased levels.
All spawns that reset automatically seem to be 10 min on OSI.
Randomize the spawn type BEFORE it restarts by valor
correction of the mobiles in Neira spawns
Ghosts should get kicked out of spawns
corrections to mobile population amounts
Bedlam pestilence ML spawn, add the boss and drops, too.

... and more, I am sure.

Oh, and I am not promising these will go on demise tonight. Thats up to someone and the time they have available to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.