UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Update on PlayUO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Update on PlayUO

In the coming days (provided there are not disasters within our team) we will be blocking PlayUO from UO Gamers: Hybrid.

This block should not be seen as anything other than a compromise. Right now (despite what a lot of you think) we know that the use of plug-ins amongst PlayUO users is out of hand. We can despite what some of you think track the use of plug-ins. The vast majority of the plug-ins available have protocol differences that allow them to speed up actions.

In order to track plug-in usage we have been profiling the communications protocol between the server and the PlayUO users. The results were very eye opening.

Due to what we know the entire team (Krrios, Mark and Myself) have made the group decision to block PlayUO from being used on UO Gamers: Hybrid. This was a unanimous vote and the block will be instituted shortly.

I'm sure some of you (who use PlayUO especially without cheating) are wondering what this means for you....

The answer is we are working on PlayUO 1.0. When PlayUO 1.0 is out it will have a lot of features to enable us to ensure players are not cheating with it. It will not have plug-in capabilities and some of the more controversial features will be removed. We will be posting a detailed list of the items that will be removed once we've solidified it.

At the point this version is ready to be released we will allow its use on the server and players who like PlayUO can again use it. Krrios is spearheading the PlayUO 1.0 release right now and is flying through it as quickly as possible. I don’t anticipate a long gap in the use of PlayUO but in the event there is we invite you to play with the normal client and Razor.

For those of you who do not use PlayUO this change will not affect you in any way other than getting rid of some cheating that has been going on. The minute the block is ready and in place we will let you know.

This really has been a long time coming and we were hoping that we would have PlayUO 1.0 a while back but complications and real life issues have kept that from happening. However those things are out of the way now. If you have any issues with this decision you can feel free to take it up with me on a personal basis. I will be on IRC/Vent throughout the holiday weekend to discuss anything that comes up.

Regards,
Ryan McAdams

Flipper

Knight
Re: Update on PlayUO

Excellent!!! This is exactly what I've wanted to see =)

This spot for sale.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

Janus said:
Now.. What will the newbs complain about when they still get utterly raped?

Likely their lack of skills.

AquaticElf

Wanderer

Thanks for spending your time to watch for crap like this that is going on and doing something about it.

We all really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.