UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What its like to be staff on Hybrid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What its like to be staff on Hybrid...

Ryan said:
Its either loose a few trammy bullshit items, or a shard wipe... so... you choose.

Thanks,
Ryan

I'll take shard wipe (with retweaking item drops) for $1000 Alex.

Mia-hybrid

Wanderer

_Choru_ said:
Its OK, I'll just send Samara some more AA's, that will keep her occupied for a few hours, thats plenty time for me and you to hop to occlo and get wed.

By the way, I'm abit skint at the moment, so would you mind paying for the wedding?

Lots of Love,

Choru

I would never marry you to Ryan behind Samara's back!

Not unless you make it worth my while anyways. Large bills.

drakrum-hybrid

Sorceror

Mia said:

Propaganda for marriage.. lol.

Ryan.. your retort?!

druid311

Wanderer

I only get mad when only the items I have and no one elses, like my 1600 online + robes. I lost a bunch of those and im nekkid now. I say delete all non reward items then if your going to delete only the ones I use.

Wear something else, it was just a robe with some words on it when you clicked it.

If you are blue wear a newbiefied robe, a robe is a robe.

Terron

Knight

this thread only covers half the grief (players) of staffing on hybrid, golly!

Pepsi_Rox

Knight

Mia said:

What if he seduces you with his british accent?

omg some ones comment heh...

Vkamicht
UOGamers is a love or hate shard. It caters to PvP (95% of all events are PvP based) but there are plenty of idiots (800 on average) to grief in many ways.

Suggestions forum is almost never read, I check it often and rarely see staff replies or comments. Tinker traps fix thread has been around forever and I'm still waiting on staff to confirm yes or no.

Staff loves giving out items. Krrios gave me 200k gold to play Sallos with him, Irina carried items from an IDOC back to my house for me. Simply not professional at all.

You will not find a playerbase like this anywhere else. That's a good thing, because the world's morons can all be together in one place.

NASTY_DEVILx said:
omg some ones comment heh...

Vkamicht
UOGamers is a love or hate shard. It caters to PvP (95% of all events are PvP based) but there are plenty of idiots (800 on average) to grief in many ways.

Suggestions forum is almost never read, I check it often and rarely see staff replies or comments. Tinker traps fix thread has been around forever and I'm still waiting on staff to confirm yes or no.

Staff loves giving out items. Krrios gave me 200k gold to play Sallos with him, Irina carried items from an IDOC back to my house for me. Simply not professional at all.

You will not find a playerbase like this anywhere else. That's a good thing, because the world's morons can all be together in one place.

Well said. +1 rep.

jagpanzer

Wanderer

When I read Ryan's post I actually laughed out loud.

God forbid someone doesn't kiss your ass (points to the rest of the posts in this thread) and tell you how great your server is. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone, but let me point out a few things.

1. You seem convinced that this is about his lost Fallon skirt, yet you ignore 2/3 of his complaints: GM's that "go against their word, and enter events with jacked characters to kill ppl for fun".

2. You say item deletion isn't a "big deal", and yet you track this player down across two websites, edit his post to reflect your findings, post on the mainpage (in the hopes of having him flamed by your yes-men?), and generally don't address the issue.

3. If item count is the problem, why in God's name do you delete a rare item? Why can't you delete newbie daggers, newbie cloaks, or stacks of common items numbered under 10? Or why not try tweaking the item decay times? Yesterday I left a charecter AFK for 3 hours when I went shopping - there were 3 keys on the ground in front of me when I left - they were STILL THERE when I got back.

It's interesting that you choose to delete an item that EVERYONE had blessed, thereby losing them a bless deed with it. You say it's just pixels? Give everyone their 10 REAL DOLLARS back for their deleted bless deeds, then talk to me about it.

psispaz

Sorceror

Like jagpanzer I'm not siding with anyone. I don't collect rares and didn't have anything deleted. But if your gonna use server longevity for a defense against an issue that pissed off way more then 1 person in the last few days. I'd like to comment on one thing.

I don't have access to the actual computational numbers or bandwidth usage but I'd be willing to bet that the fucked up spawns all over the world produce a far larger amount of server stress then rare items. Walk around in trinisc swamp for a while and you'll hit one of many insane spawns. Hundreds of snakes, serpents and wisps walking in circles for screens at a time. No one ever goes to there because it's a waste of time to run around getting raped by snakes that are run by the server while your client is lagged to shit because the server has to transmit all the npcs locations to your client everytime they move one step.

Everything you two guys just said will fall on deaf ears no matter how true it is.
They never seem to answer things such as this, all you are going to get is "If you don't like the way I do thing, the quit"

How about delete useless shit like "beeswax, shitty stuff left on the ground no one ever uses, tone down the wacky ass overhauled spawns"
There are ways to reduce server stress than to delete pixels people put a lot of REAL time into.
Hobby or not, I know people who collect baseball cards, sure, it's a hobby but they spend real time and real money collecting them and I am sure they don't want someone destrying them. Same goes for gaming.

That is all.

The Monarch

Knight

jagpanzer said:
Give everyone their 10 REAL DOLLARS back for their deleted bless deeds, then talk to me about it.
He does have a valid point you know. I would want justice if I lost something I paid real money for and it was stolen by the business I had bought it from just like that. I hope those people get their cbd's reimbursed.

Kooz

Wanderer

, two thumbs not only down, but in the ass of this lamer shard.

Haha, Fuckin' gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.