UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What its like to be staff on Hybrid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryan

Re: What its like to be staff on Hybrid...

jagpanzer said:
When I read Ryan's post I actually laughed out loud.

God forbid someone doesn't kiss your ass (points to the rest of the posts in this thread) and tell you how great your server is. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone, but let me point out a few things.

I should have stopped reading here. You're obviously a fuckhead who came here to do nothing more than cause trouble.

jagpanzer said:
1. You seem convinced that this is about his lost Fallon skirt, yet you ignore 2/3 of his complaints: GM's that "go against their word, and enter events with jacked characters to kill ppl for fun".

He's referring to me, and he's full of shit. No one entered an event with "jacked characters".

jagpanzer said:
2. You say item deletion isn't a "big deal", and yet you track this player down across two websites, edit his post to reflect your findings, post on the mainpage (in the hopes of having him flamed by your yes-men?), and generally don't address the issue.

Nice attempt here but the facts are simple... I am pointing out but ONE episode that I deal with not even counting the shit that our other staff members deal with... and there are multiples of this EVERY DAY. I'm sorry you didn't comprehend that.

jagpanzer said:
3. If item count is the problem, why in God's name do you delete a rare item? Why can't you delete newbie daggers, newbie cloaks, or stacks of common items numbered under 10? Or why not try tweaking the item decay times? Yesterday I left a charecter AFK for 3 hours when I went shopping - there were 3 keys on the ground in front of me when I left - they were STILL THERE when I got back.

Newbie daggers only account for about 35,000 items or there abouts. I cleaned up nearly 400k items with the 'rares' that were numbering hundreds PER 'rare'. I thank god you dont run this shard becaus eyou obviously dont have a clue about what is needed in these situations.

jagpanzer said:
It's interesting that you choose to delete an item that EVERYONE had blessed, thereby losing them a bless deed with it. You say it's just pixels? Give everyone their 10 REAL DOLLARS back for their deleted bless deeds, then talk to me about it.

please refer to your local dictionary... look up the word DONATION.

Mazer

UOGamers: Divinity Forum Moderator

travis said:
He does have a valid point you know. I would want justice if I lost something I paid real money for and it was stolen by the business I had bought it from just like that. I hope those people get their cbd's reimbursed.

A "free"shard is not a business. Those were donations. Yes it sucks and Im wondering why certain items were deleted instead of others (namely Fuck Trammy jean/tshirts) but too bad. Move on in life.

R

Ryan

psispaz said:
Like jagpanzer I'm not siding with anyone. I don't collect rares and didn't have anything deleted. But if your gonna use server longevity for a defense against an issue that pissed off way more then 1 person in the last few days. I'd like to comment on one thing.

*yawn*

psispaz said:
I don't have access to the actual computational numbers or bandwidth usage but I'd be willing to bet that the fucked up spawns all over the world produce a far larger amount of server stress then rare items. Walk around in trinisc swamp for a while and you'll hit one of many insane spawns. Hundreds of snakes, serpents and wisps walking in circles for screens at a time. No one ever goes to there because it's a waste of time to run around getting raped by snakes that are run by the server while your client is lagged to shit because the server has to transmit all the npcs locations to your client everytime they move one step.

Don't make that bet... you will loose it.

R

Ryan

Testamentx said:
Everything you two guys just said will fall on deaf ears no matter how true it is.
They never seem to answer things such as this, all you are going to get is "If you don't like the way I do thing, the quit"

I address all issues which I either:

a) have time for
or
b) feel have actual merit

Testamentx said:
How about delete useless shit like "beeswax, shitty stuff left on the ground no one ever uses, tone down the wacky ass overhauled spawns"
There are ways to reduce server stress than to delete pixels people put a lot of REAL time into.

You have NO CLUE what you're talking about. I get a DAILY item profile and I know what can and cannot be deleted please dont try to tell me what to do.

Testamentx said:
Hobby or not, I know people who collect baseball cards, sure, it's a hobby but they spend real time and real money collecting them and I am sure they don't want someone destrying them. Same goes for gaming.

Nice attempt at drawing a connection here... you failed.

You already are walking on thin ice... so I'd just shut up.

Testamentx said:
That is all.

THANK GOD.

jagpanzer

Wanderer

First off - If no one has entered events with jacked charecters, how do you explain "Alex the Great" who entered a tournament with over 7 skills, wearing unblessed vet reward items, used the /kill command on several players in the tourny zone and even SENT SYSTEM MESSAGES FROM THAT NAME.

Second off - you are still missing my point. The items I listed were examples, not a set-in-stone list of exactly what I would delete were I running this server. I thought it was clear that I was questioning your choices, not relaying my own comprehensive list. I still find it hard to believe that 'rare' items number more greatly then others in the system that players would not care at all about losing.

I agree that the CBD's were donations - however, at the very least why couldn't you simply give players advance notice on the items to be deleted, thus allowing them to remove their CBD's safely?

[ Directed to "Choru" below ]

This isn't a fake account. Have Ryan check the ips if you must. Otherwise, you're not understanding what I'm saying either. This isn't a matter of bitching, it's a matter of accountability. If this server is going to be run with an "I do what I want" attitude, don't fucking cry when someone posts about exactly that on topshards.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Its a fucking game, dont get so raged over it, there is thing that go on here that I dont agree with, I speak out and let me opinions be heard, why couldnt this guy do the same? Why feel the need to hide behind a fake name just as jagpanzer is doing, why not use your main forum account?

Ryan did what Ryan did, for better or for worse and there is FUCK ALL you can do about it.

As I said, its a game get over it, just play, you lost an item, who cares, does it REALLY stop you enjoying the game?

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

jagpanzer said:
who entered a tournament with over 7 skills

I thought this was impossible?

If this is true however, again, quit complaining it makes him harder to kill, thus more of a challenge.

Lesabre

Sorceror

Hahah.. crazy nerd bitches and their uo these days.. Go masturbate.

psispaz

Sorceror

Ryan said:
Don't make that bet... you will loose it.
The quote feature is a good way to make your replies look alot longer without really addressing anything indepth.

The bet is irrelevant to the fact that dozens of unquestionably useless and over numbered mobiles walking around 23.5 / 7 in the depths of trinisc swamp and other areas with no live players to interact with does indeed cause un-needed server usage ...

These messed up spawners weren't in place 2 months ago, why all of a sudden have the spawners started doing this? Is there some crazy snake revolution taking place that we don't know about? I can understand that jungles are full of snakes and shit but to put that kind of realism into an area that probably gets 3% of the daily player traffic is kinda weird.

selo

Wanderer

psispaz said:
The quote feature is a good way to make your replies look alot longer without really addressing anything indepth.

The bet is irrelevant to the fact that dozens of unquestionably useless and over numbered mobiles walking around 23.5 / 7 in the depths of trinisc swamp and other areas with no live players to interact with does indeed cause un-needed server usage ...

These messed up spawners weren't in place 2 months ago, why all of a sudden have the spawners started doing this? Is there some crazy snake revolution taking place that we don't know about? I can understand that jungles are full of snakes and shit but to put that kind of realism into an area that probably gets 3% of the daily player traffic is kinda weird.

To an extent he has a point...

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

psispaz said:

I go to Trinsic alot to get Hero points, the high amount of spawn makes this time fun, as 5 Wisps are more of a challenge than most groups of 5 people on UOG.

I love this server.

Specially that time ryan put on like 50 elder deamons at yew gate.. and not all of us died, so he came him self and tried to gank us.. Oh well.. I survived :p

Hey, you other reds that where there.. got screenshot of this?

psispaz said:

You are correct they are unquestionably useless and over numbered for asian trammies

Tay M'real

Sorceror

OMFG Ryan that is hillarious..you so owned him..

That guy is a jerkwad...his comments mean about as much as Ross Perot's

guys.. you know that ryan just can delete the server when he wants...? Its free. Dont have to pay like 10bucks each month to play.. And this server aint screwed up.. Ive lost valuable items in the GAME too, and I didnt get pissed off.. just deal with it.. its just a game...

selo

Wanderer

Maddox said:
guys.. you know that ryan just can delete the server when he wants...? Its free. Dont have to pay like 10bucks each month to play.. And this server aint screwed up.. Ive lost valuable items in the GAME too, and I didnt get pissed off.. just deal with it.. its just a game...

WTF you mean this is just a game........ :\

Status
Not open for further replies.