UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What this shard needs

Love it how everyone is sayin wipe the shard , saying they would give up their stuff , but when push comes to shove and you call them on their bs they refuse to take the first step and give me their stuff so they can be wiped clean as they wanted all along. :)
nobody wants to give you their shit. that's not what people are saying. if anything, you should ask them to record themselves deleting their items in a trash barrel.

but the mindset of common goods comes into play, and why would anyone want to be the only person to delete all their items when nobody else will, fixing nothing and leaving that person penniless?

If anything gets wiped 90% of the players will delete uninstall and say fuck UO
if everything gets wipes, MAYBE 20-30% of the current shard base would quit, but MANY more players would come back that are stalling themselves on another shard waiting for hybrid to fix their shit. Vets that have returned over the past 3 years and left quickly due to the shards economic and pvp state obviously have an interest in the game, just have no interest playing in the current state.

And when returning players make their come back after a shard wipe, which mind you has been asked for quite a while, the current players will have many more people to adore and fuck around with, and will increase the quality of experience of current players, thus many current players won't quit.

Dont worry trammy, all your shinies will be replaced with more, albeit far less amount, of new shinies that are actually rare/worth something.

I think people are just afraid of change.

MelodyTFA

Squire
For real in what way would a wipe help the shard?' The only reason there are still some people is because of the stuff they already have DUH, you wipe the shard and the people hanging on cuz they worked hard for years to collect things will just finaliy have a reason to delete this game and go on with there lifes? Why would people play on hybrid if everything got wipe??? What would draw people in? Why wouldnt they just play any other shard with nothing on it? I HURT MY LEG BETTER CUT IT OFF!... Idiots...http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?members/163067/

Uomvp

Knight
U honest to God think that people will come back if the shard is wiped? Wtf kind of theory is that? Clothing and gay house decoration shouldn't have anything to do with the state of the shard. I guarantee more people will leave then come back.

Code Blue

Knight
Guys, it's not about gold or ass wipes. It's about people finding fun in the game. If you log in bored to begin with (which is probably why you logged in in the first fucking place) you are going to log right out and find something else to do. This shard is all about people who want to relive or experience the glory days of UO. So fuck it. Log on, shut the fuck up and play.

Fuck you

Finding fun these days in UOG:Hybrid is like going to church for your entire life.

Same damn shit with no different outcome and when its all said and done its one big fucking joke.

Code Blue

Knight
Hybrids next update should consist of paragon type chests with fishing, treasure hunting, and mobs all into one event changed every month.

Code Blue

Knight
U honest to God think that people will come back if the shard is wiped? Wtf kind of theory is that? Clothing and gay house decoration shouldn't have anything to do with the state of the shard. I guarantee more people will leave then come back.

More original content is what is needed.

Code Blue

Knight
if everything gets wipes, MAYBE 20-30% of the current shard base would quit, but MANY more players would come back that are stalling themselves on another shard waiting for hybrid to fix their shit. Vets that have returned over the past 3 years and left quickly due to the shards economic and pvp state obviously have an interest in the game, just have no interest playing in the current state.

And when returning players make their come back after a shard wipe, which mind you has been asked for quite a while, the current players will have many more people to adore and fuck around with, and will increase the quality of experience of current players, thus many current players won't quit.

Dont worry trammy, all your shinies will be replaced with more, albeit far less amount, of new shinies that are actually rare/worth something.

I think people are just afraid of change.
Don't try to troll me , you won't win. There are ways to find out who you are and fuck with you for real.

LOL

"im going to show you who you are in real life"

MelodyTFA

Squire
Maby what is needed is for people to try and Discuss calmly and not troll each other on forums, Or call people names all day in game? Maby its not the items. or the skills thats the probleme, maby its just the atmosphere on hybrid that is horrible this days? I get called a jew whore all day dosnt really phase me cuz thats how i play my char, but maby for new players or even vets coming back all the bitching and unfreindly atmosphere at brit bank, poker boat is a turn off? Lets just think about this for a second , for the people who are left on shard we should try to respect each others opinions and try and find other ways to settle arguments then spaming nasty things at bank and forums, maby taking time to make a well phrased joke about a players pvp skills, instead of yelling you NOOB. I dont know im just wondering if it isnt the game the probleme, but maby the people...

Code Blue

Knight
Maby what is needed is for people to try and Discuss calmly and not troll each other on forums, Or call people names all day in game? Maby its not the items. or the skills thats the probleme, maby its just the atmosphere on hybrid that is horrible this days? I get called a jew whore all day dosnt really phase me cuz thats how i play my char, but maby for new players or even vets coming back all the bitching and unfreindly atmosphere at brit bank, poker boat is a turn off? Lets just think about this for a second , for the people who are left on shard we should try to respect each others opinions and try and find other ways to settle arguments then spaming nasty things at bank and forums, maby taking time to make a well phrased joke about a players pvp skills, instead of yelling you NOOB. I dont know im just wondering if it isnt the game the probleme, but maby the people...

What this shard needs is innovation. With a wide spectrum of things to do.

@GM Noah and @Suzy they have done a good job at adding content to the game to bring players back including myself.

But they should add more content for this shard or hire some people that are willing to put the code in.

Throwing the proverbial gold coin in front of a brigand of beggars and thieves is not going to bring PVP/PVM back at all.

Silly Santa

Sorceror
You all want to "FIX" hybrid? This is what has to happen.........someone has to AN CORP - RYAN.

I dare any of you to hold the current 'active' staff that *DONATE* their free time (and who are not paid except Suzy) such as Francis accountable for Hybrid's current state. How can some of you say that its these volunteer staff that are holding back Hybrid?? Do some of you not know who the owner is of this shard??

If any of you do try to pin this on most of these unpaid volunteer staff - you're clearly retarded and I would tell you that right to your face. Its difficult for a lot of things in life to be a success - if there is not an active dedicated leader who has a vision. Hybrid used to have well over 20+ staff.... seers... counselors.. GMs... more than 1 developer... and also an active leader... which is why Hybrid was able to achieve it's glory days at 1 point...

What this shard needs is innovation. With a wide spectrum of things to do.
@GM Noah and @Suzy they have done a good job at adding content to the game to bring players back including myself.
But they should add more content for this shard or hire some people that are willing to put the code in.
Are you saying "hire volunteers" --- or hire people and pay them.....? last time I checked they are not the ones that have been banking the donations from this shard all along.

Last edited:

susejmaster

Traveler

This is a nice thought but will never happen due to the nature of them game and the fact that this is a forum on the interwebs.

MelodyTFA

Squire
I think we dont have a choice, instead of crying of what this shard isnt we should accept what it is and appreciate that its still here and learn to enjoy what the shard has become. 8 years ago when my guild TFA had 276 members and we would get dropped on by 15 WDK members or Check 6 at our guildhouse and we where always 20 chillin to defend it I had to be dispised and had to "bark " louder then other people, we all had to to get respect. Trashing on people people down right nasty was the way we had to live..... I wasnt active for a couple years..... I come back with the same attitude no adapting to the new reality of the shard.... For this I am sorry if i have seemed harsh to people and have been just plain rude at times it was all in the role.... From now on i will personaly try to keep my comments more constructives on forums and try not to spit on everyone at bank =P. What im trying to say is the population is smaller, instead of living in denial lets ACCEPT IT, and appreciate the time we have left togetter and go fish up a M.I.B
"You Must Know, Not Fear, KNOW That Someday Your Gonna Die" -Fight Club-