UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What this shard needs

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
I dare any of you to hold the current 'active' staff that *DONATE* their free time such as Francis accountable for Hybrid's current state.

Marmite

Wanderer
Coming back from a 7 year break (logged on occasionally during this time). I am surprised at the state of the server. Saying that, it hasn't deterred me from starting afresh and actually playing. It is sad to see how unpopulated it is now in comparison to when I used to play. Ive been running about freely and have yet to see any proper PVP, or PKs in the wild. The only PK I have seen was somebody who accidentally went red and got killed when I was depositing my stuff at the bank.

A few things...
  • All of these stupid neon items and unrare rares. Its just a cluster fuck of shit. They are seemingly very easy to collect, which defeats the purpose of them being rare....
  • Far too much gold in the server (need some form of gold sink)
  • Need more active GMs.
  • Need more incentive for vet players to go out hunting (gold sink would aid this as would a much decreased drop rate of items).
  • Stop users selling their gold as it has devalued it.
  • Need new content & events, it doesn't have to be anything earth shattering, but something. Maybe a monthly poll for certain features people like to be implemented? Things people can sink gold and time into. ( I understand the time required for new content)

I don't think a server wipe is the answer as I believe that will do more harm than good. Maybe it will attract more players, but then maybe it wont and you will have driven away more of your existing players.
Maybe having a gold sink or a wipe of certain items would be a good idea, this would add value to items and hunting again. Wiping may be beneficial but an agreeable balance has to be struck... people will have to make compromises if they want the server to grow. Everyone has still invested time in playing and that needs to be remembered.

I am going to continue playing the server (although I do play other serves). I still enjoy ultima after 16 years of playing. This is one of the best servers in my opinion. It has the right blend of old school uo with newer features.

Edit: Also people need to work together if they are to attempt to get the server back on its feet. Trolling and flaming each other will only serve to deter new and old players alike.

Last edited:

Silly Santa

Sorceror
I don't have twitter.. but whoever does should message Ryan (owner of hybrid) .. he is very active on there.. although I remember 1x someone said when they did - he blocked them :(

TRADE MAN

Squire
Server was doing just fine. Then Pulp, aka Atari decided to start scamming and also driving gold price down. He has scammed and back charged so many people that he has no choice but to sell gold at .50 per mill. This has hurt donations to the hybrid store as well as hybrids economy. People feel that their efforts grinding for gold is pointless. They put a cash value on their efforts, and it must be pretty disturbing for some people looking at their accounts and realizing that it's only worth $5 all together. If we could keep this trolling idiot banner and if people would quit buying gold from him then the shard would improve. Gold selling shouldn't be allowed to be advertised on game or on forums. Do away with gold selling. It should be underground and not talked about in game. We need a cub for semi rares. GET RID OF PULP! Even if we have to ban him 100 times a day. Advertise the shard. Staff has done a great job with events and introducing fun things for us to do, (paragons). Other than that, let's play and have fun. No negative shit. Let's stay positive and active. Bann pulp! He is a cancer who steals and is ruining hybrids economy.

Marmite

Wanderer
I think gold selling should me made illegal. Obviously it will still go on behind closed doors, but it may help. The harder it is to buy the gold the more likely people are to go out and farm it themselves. I have never bought gold and never plan to, its much more rewarding to earn it for yourself, in my opinion.

On the subject of scammers, it should be a 1 strike ban policy. In the form of proper scams, not stuff like the bag trick etc.

susejmaster

Traveler
I think gold selling should me made illegal. Obviously it will still go on behind closed doors, but it may help. The harder it is to buy the gold the more likely people are to go out and farm it themselves. I have never bought gold and never plan to, its much more rewarding to earn it for yourself, in my opinion.

On the subject of scammers, it should be a 1 strike ban policy. In the form of proper scams, not stuff like the bag trick etc.

Agreed, if your gonna scam someone, it should be ingame items for ingame items. Scamming for IRL anything is like putting a sewing needle with aids blood on it in a movie theater seat it gets to REAL.

Uomvp

Knight
Unless they edit the rules again scamming for rl cash is technically legal. Don't get it twisted. I think all scammers are scum. If he scams you for cash, now it's your fault.

You've been endlessly warned about him...

MelodyTFA

Squire
Unless they edit the rules again scamming for rl cash is technically legal. Don't get it twisted. I think all scammers are scum. If he scams you for cash, now it's your fault.

You've been endlessly warned about him...

I agree what you just said its technicly legal in the UO world, but isnt scaming people for rl cash illegal in there real world? I think someone who was determined enought could get him in real trouble if they wanted too

I agree what you just said its technicly legal in the UO world, but isnt scaming people for rl cash illegal in there real world? I think someone who was determined enought could get him in real trouble if they wanted too
fun fact, in order for the FBI to get involved in cyber theft it must be at minimum $5,000.

Could you report being scammed for 40 dollars to your local PD? Possibly. Will they look into it? Literally higher chance of becoming president.

It is sad to see how unpopulated it is now in comparison to when I used to play. Ive been running about freely and have yet to see any proper PVP, or PKs in the wild. The only PK I have seen was somebody who accidentally went red and got killed when I was depositing my stuff at the bank.
Thats because they completely destroyed reds and tried to focus on factions only "LONG ago this started".. There was no benefit to being red and all the trammies put a halt on everything such as town killing, reds being able to bank in every town, guarded moongates etc..

Fr0sty

Lord
Wipe the server(minus characters) and allow people to keep a few things. Take gold out of the donation store and add in bulk regs and things that will disappear when used in game. Change some of the rulesets and put duel pits in areas that aren't accessible without a gate. I believe people would come back and play. Maybe not the people that sit around at the bank displaying their neon clothing, but we don't need those people anyways, because no matter what anyone says, this is primarily a PVP server and has always been based around PVP.

MeLvIn^^

Sorceror
get back to making this shard about pvp and not neon BS items. simplify pvp so old school players can jump back in and play. wipe all gold and stop selling it in the donation store so people have to actually play the game.

MelodyTFA

Squire
I like how these people dont know whats on donation store, then gives random advice on how to "fix" a shard they obviously never Contribuated to ... Either by opening the donation store and helping with founding.... Or actualy playing enought to get some of the shiny neon thingy's there complaining about..... Oh and I just love how people keep giving advice too staff or the owner of shard to "What To Improve". If you guys really think any of these Changes that you are suggesting is gonna bring more people on your WRONG. People bring People in duh! Why dont you invite a friend to play? Why dont you guys leave a couple of chars afk at bank so that new players dont see an empty bank?, Why dont you guys donate 5-10$ once or twice a year for a game you love? pretty sure you spend more on chips in a week. Maby keep repeating over and over that you hate this shard that its boring or that its dead isnt helping? Maby you can meditate and realize that its not the shard that is boring its you that are bored of a game your have been playing for 10 years in the same way? Find a new passion! Make a detective! Make your own pvp event, ya theres a player event section here! why dont you try to roleplay for once in 10 years instead of waiting in the same spot you have always waited for action?! The shards Population are responsable for the atmosphere and action that accures on shard, stop blaming anything and anyone you can. This game is about people, take a second to talk a couple minutes to that flashy neon eye hurting persone at bank next time you passe trew bank chassing the same guy you have chassed for years, maby you will remember that this isnt Diablo......... Instead of insisting in seeing "flaws" or "whats missing" give yourselfs a chance too see what we still have after 10 years? Give yourselfes the chance too like this game again....