UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

When did you start Ultima Online?

When did you start Ultima Online

• I started when Charter Edition was released!

Votes: 285 30.6%
  • T2A was my first!

Votes: 263 28.3%
  • I came in for the Renaissance.

Votes: 204 21.9%
  • I signed up with Age of Shadows.

Votes: 37 4.0%
  • I never even played an EA server.

Votes: 141 15.2%

• Total voters

elevent

Sorceror
Re: When did you start Ultima Online?

I remember the good old days of pre-T2A, oh the joy..

-Hiding outside houses, killing the first person to recall in and taking their key only to clean out their house.

-Putting in 1000 ingots to the trade window, then pulling out 998 before the person dropped in their 6000 gold.

-Hiding right outside of town and laying out some armor and gold only to kill the first person to come along and stop to pick it up.

-Laying trapped chests out and hiding just to loot the guy who came along and opened it.

-Trapping monsters inside your house just to train off them.

-Dying a robe with a newly bought tub and selling it as "Pure White"

-Placing a house next to the mountains and mining through the wall.

-Taming about 20 sheep and putting them all in front of someone's house only to get him guard whacked when he flagged for killing them.

-Polymorphing in town only to own the first character to attack you.

-Creating a new character with 50 swords, 50 tactics just to run outside of town with a hally and PK the first person I saw mining or what not.

-Lord British being PKed by a friend of mine.

-The first black horse, leading to the ban of the "creator".

Ahh the good times..

Lorthic

Knight

And also, I sincerely doubt even half of these people know what Charter Edition is/was.

elevent

Sorceror

I don't remember exactly how, but he was using exploits just like Rainz did.

UOGSales

Wanderer

Alpha test... unless you count the offline Ultima series, then earlier..

Pagan was such an awesome game..

As for UO I am largely responsible for OSI/EA's mandatory policy of making all GMs and Counselors so they cannot be stolen from...

I stole a pure black deer mask from Shard Lead Counselor Sebratis's pack on Baja.. he was a bit upset... good times...

MagnetoLS

Wanderer

Sir QuiGon;1655851 said:
when i started playing it was T2A, i was an uber noob lol

i remember starting in brit... wandering around ... i was a bank begger=/ (and im not referring to the skill=P) not proud of that lol
then i wandered into what was called the first library of britain.... i think thats what it was lol there was something shiny in there... im like thats looks cool... walked on it... and was taken to another town lol glow... i spent mopst of my time as a noob there bank begging again lol... i met up with another person who was also a noob... somehow he put it in my head you could master all skills on one char lol... i started taming dogs and fighting the small animals with them lol some how i ended up near brit again by the brigands camp... i died someone showed up ressed me... and that was pretty much the end of uber noob days lol he taught me alot about the game=D

some of you may say this was too much info... and it looks embarresing(used to be lol) but i like telling my old UO stories lol i have tons more=D(im sure we all do) heres a short one...

when i first went red i forgot i couldnt goto town and i recalled right next to brit town crier=/

That's hilarious. I was a newbie forever in Britan, until I found that same gate in the library to Glow. It was mysterious and amazing, I loved Moonglow. From then on until now, it's been my hometown for ten years. :)

Sloth6061

Wanderer

ShneakySquirrel-hybrid;749631 said:
I played in during the VERY begining. Although I was only 7, and didn't understand it much at all. I started back up in 5th grade, but I was a Trammy. I started PvP about 7 months before AoS came out, but it was Trammy PvP (guild members only). Then I started doing Fel in AoS. So, more or less new to PvP as far as Pre:AoS goes, but been playing UO for a LONG time.

My friends older brother who's like 5 years older than me was playing back when beta was released. I remember my friend and I used to make fun of him all the time to for playing constantly, lol, little did I know I would fall victim to the same trap for over 7 years. We used to play occasionally back then, but it was always more of a "lets see if we can get someone to open this trapped chest" type thing, lol.

Lord Erebus

Wanderer

I started Pre-Renn (T2A) erra. Siege Perilous was my first shard ever. I remember starting out in Vesper with all the trolls in town and my crappy connection and getting pissed because I couldn't run to healers and back to my body two screens away before I lost conn or got whacked by a troll... Those were the good ol' days. Siege Perilous was pretty rough for a player new to the game but it gives a lot of pride in taking the tough path. It's a challenge PVPing with no pots because you can't afford to supply yourself with much gear. Skill became a much more important factor. Then I took a break for 6 years and here I am back starting new, one month into the game. Lots of new stuff to learn.

Jakstylez

Wanderer

I received the UO:REN game disc in the mail for like a month free or something, played for about 6 years and then officially quit OSI and sold my account for $200, then have been off and on since on free shards (this one an Defiance)

Anti.Christ

Sorceror

I started right before T2a came out i remember the Green Acres rune for getting the ostards over to t1a lol..... there was so many stories on how the runes came into place imo thats the best kept uo secret we used teleportion rings lol it didnt come out for years...... now its fixed

Symptom

Wanderer

I started in 98' and played on Seige and Lake Superior. When trammel came out, I mainly played Test Center.

Jack Herer

Sorceror

started in 2000, I believe (a little while after tram came out). Funny enough my friend who's brother started in '97 brought me to fel on my first day of playing and I didn't even know there was a tram haha. I still remember raging when a PK killed my packllama b/c he couldnt do anything to me (young status).

haha good times

poopkins

Wanderer

I played in the beta and then for 2 years on and off after release. That was the most fun I've had playing any game ever.

Oh yeah, I played greatlakes and napa the most.

Fenyx

Wanderer

Good times... :)

I played Lake Superior until Catskills came out. Then I played on Cats obsessively. Anyone remember the Second Order of the Druids or The Shadow Rangers?

X

Sorceror

Played on Catskills from Blackthorn's revenge to a little past the release of AOS.

GreatSquid

Sorceror

I started in late '97 and played Lake Superior until about 2002. And started playing free servers after that.