UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

When did you start Ultima Online?

When did you start Ultima Online

• I started when Charter Edition was released!

Votes: 285 30.6%
  • T2A was my first!

Votes: 263 28.3%
  • I came in for the Renaissance.

Votes: 204 21.9%
  • I signed up with Age of Shadows.

Votes: 37 4.0%
  • I never even played an EA server.

Votes: 141 15.2%

• Total voters

DaveGiant

Sorceror
Re: When did you start Ultima Online?

I started with Age of Shadows. A friend of mine talked about killing Dragons and chasing other players around fel. I loved his stories and got the game. Managed to go for 2 weeks without dieing. I became a paladin and enjoyed the game for several years.

However eventually the flood of artifacts, lack of pvp made me start to get fed up with the game. The thing that tipped me over was when some fucker stole my house. (I still am annoyed about it)

Quit, played some free servers, hosted a free server, quit, joined demise, joined hybrid.

Fidessa

Wanderer

You forgot an expansion LBR! Anyways I started with Renaissance back in '99. Been hooked since the first time I logged in and prolly won't ever stop playing UO.

JCarter

Wanderer

I was in it from the beginning on Great Lakes...stayed through renaissance, dabbled on various player-run shards, left for a few years to try other MMOs, and joined this shard a few days ago.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008

Beginning of T2A, mainly on chessy on several different characters and accounts. Tried to quit a couple times but always ended coming back on. A little before I retired from OSI about a year after AOS I was then playing on Atlantic.

Then I found you ! about 2 or 3 years after quitting !

Good day !

Ah yes the cloth map, when I first got UO in 97 I didn't even have an internet connection so I read the "guide book" and studied the cloth map, needless to say my first char was all fucked up. Nothing in that guide book applied to the dam game!

Started playing a few days after the game officially launched. My older brother played the beta and was way into it, but I was so young I just ended up playing/picking up on what he did at the time. Nothing will ever compare to the enjoyment I got first playing UO and for the years I did on the regular servers ~_~. Quit for a long time and just coming back on here after seeing a buncha old videos and talking to some old buddies who played, couldn't resist

Quizalotte'

Sorceror

JCarter;1611012 said:
I was in it from the beginning on Great Lakes...stayed through renaissance, dabbled on various player-run shards, left for a few years to try other MMOs, and joined this shard a few days ago.

I started on great lakes in 99. i still remeber me and my rl friends saving all our gold for our first house on fire island. Gerrit! Cheech! if your out there pm me =/

JitanF

Wanderer

I remember looking for games in the cheap bin at a computer store and got my hands on a copy of UO:R for 9.99$
I tried it on the trial but never paid again. After a while I remembered it was quite nice and started playing on free shards (Sphere servers were very present back then).

After a while I was wondering why we all had fluorescent robes and skin if it was a medieval game. I started looking for something more OSI-like, played on some servers, stopped, played again, stopped, played again.

I've read somewhere ''You don't quit UO, you take breaks'' well it's goddamn true.
So after playing World of Warcraft for a while I thought I might start again, seeing that hybrid looked pretty nice.

Even if I think magery is too much, I still like the game and am looking forward playing here for a long time.

selo

Wanderer

JitanF;1634032 said:
I've read somewhere ''You don't quit UO, you take breaks'' well it's goddamn true.

That was me :) I tried WoW too, was good for a while, but still has nothing on UO.

Du-Sith

Wanderer

You should make Beta an option in the poll ;) I started in 1996 Beta Phase 2. With release I was a Pacific player for 10 years (give or take the multiple times I quit and came back to UO). In the begining I was the guildmaster of a guild known as Society of Alocer (SoA) and later merged with Dracus's guild Fallen Lords. I dabbled on Siege with a 7x Healer Mage for about 1 year and later went back to Pacific.

Here's a shout out to all Pacific and Siege allies and enemies who I've made over the years. Love ya guys! :gay:

Dragontomb

Wanderer

I started just after release on the Chessy server was in a guild called WOLFPACK. I saw an ad for Ultima in the game Dungeon Keeper thought man this looks great. Remember logging in and the lag was terrible Went into a house and couldn't get out everytime I opened the door lag would hit and door would close before i could move.
Anybody remember a Christmas event where you could be Santa or Elves by walking through portals was just a mass pvp fest or when 15 mins before server downtime around 10ish am est when was mass pvp fest in Britain Graveyard. Man those were such good times.

GradGT

Sorceror

UO players exaggerate how long they've been playing like middle schoolers exaggerate their penis size.

"I've been playing for 8 in- years."

Sir QuiGon

Sorceror

when i started playing it was T2A, i was an uber noob lol

i remember starting in brit... wandering around ... i was a bank begger=/ (and im not referring to the skill=P) not proud of that lol
then i wandered into what was called the first library of britain.... i think thats what it was lol there was something shiny in there... im like thats looks cool... walked on it... and was taken to another town lol glow... i spent mopst of my time as a noob there bank begging again lol... i met up with another person who was also a noob... somehow he put it in my head you could master all skills on one char lol... i started taming dogs and fighting the small animals with them lol some how i ended up near brit again by the brigands camp... i died someone showed up ressed me... and that was pretty much the end of uber noob days lol he taught me alot about the game=D

some of you may say this was too much info... and it looks embarresing(used to be lol) but i like telling my old UO stories lol i have tons more=D(im sure we all do) heres a short one...

when i first went red i forgot i couldnt goto town and i recalled right next to brit town crier=/

lolzao

Sorceror

Since 2000 and only in sphere servers in Brasil, I'm from brasil also...
couldnt pay it that's why I never played on OSI... I wanted to give a shot but now it's very different I think =(
started here in 2007 and it's a great shard very different from all the sphere I was playing for years
every brasilian player who played OSI says that sphere isn't real UO :D