UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

When did you start Ultima Online?

When did you start Ultima Online

• I started when Charter Edition was released!

Votes: 285 30.6%
  • T2A was my first!

Votes: 263 28.3%
  • I came in for the Renaissance.

Votes: 204 21.9%
  • I signed up with Age of Shadows.

Votes: 37 4.0%
  • I never even played an EA server.

Votes: 141 15.2%

• Total voters
Re: When did you start Ultima Online?

I don't even remember when I started. I played on a friend's account because I wasn't into "the MMO thing". Eventually he quit and gave the account to me, but I had become busy with HL Mods and Starcraft. I didn't get very addicted until later.

I then played for a few more years, "quitting" after Samurai Empire... reactivating multiple times to play 1 month and go back to inactive.

The most notable things I remember before I quit were Housing Phase 3 causing thousands of houses to go IDOC, and my success with the Skull of Enlightenment for a little while on my alchemist Plastique & friend's tamer.

Summoning Harrowers and having the server turn into all-out-war in a dungeon of 200 people was really fun, but the game had become exponentially greed-driven. Harrowers turned into 6am-12pm affairs to max profits for ebay which became a job.

Booshnig

Sorceror

I joined up during ren. I'd been watching a friend play on t2a, which is why I got the game.
I don't understand why everybody says they've been playing since the beginning. There couldn't possibly have been that many motherfuckers on UO in 1997.

Booshnig;1535937 said:
I joined up during ren. I'd been watching a friend play on t2a, which is why I got the game.
I don't understand why everybody says they've been playing since the beginning. There couldn't possibly have been that many motherfuckers on UO in 1997.

why? a lot of the old players who quit come to free shards now and then...

it really isn't anything special

Tribal

Lord

i quit when i got banned :( which was around the time when trammel was added

Lucien Jr.

Sorceror

I started in OSI UO in November of '97. I quit EA UO the same day I installed Age of Shadows.

I was able to stay through Trammel because I moved to Siege Perilous when it first launched.

Zynx

Wanderer

Joined March 16 1999, a few months after T2A came out. I was 12 years old. I joined Drachenfels because of its name, and since I'm from the US, I suffered from lag for years because I never knew about ping, connection speeds etc.

UO pre-trammel may very well have been the best years of my life, however pathetic that may sound. This game was like crack to me. Imo, no MMO has matched this one in gameplay... though DAOC (and maybe EQ) came close.

IvanDF

Wanderer

Twisted Arm;1542506 said:
WTF is T2A??

SERIOUSLY GUYS...?!

I am assuming that you are serious.

t2a = The 2nd age. That is the lands that Delucia is in. It was the first expantion pack of UO if I remember right.

Lintaglen

Wanderer

Booshnig;1535937 said:

No of course not.. thats why they had about 12 shards, and making more to compensate for the lack of people... they just wanted everyone to have their own little world to explore alone.

I've still got my original CD and Box. I quit shortly after Samurai addition and went to UOG.

IvanDF;1542555 said:
I am assuming that you are serious.

t2a = The 2nd age. That is the lands that Delucia is in. It was the first expantion pack of UO if I remember right.

Never heard of it.

Cantsayb

Wanderer

Began right before T2A, I played on a friends account. I was about 11 and I recall posing as a mage vendor in Brit and when someone said "vendor buy" to me I started yelling "rape! rape!" and then i briskly hauled ass to the bank for fear of a ban.

Konoe

Page

Lord Blackthorns Revenge....First one I ever played
Played on Europa I think it was

outspoken

Wanderer

I started playing on day one of UO. Not the BETA, but I pre-ordered the game and it came in my local store on release date. I remember the build up to that point, the pictures and previews in the magazine. It was an amazing game experience, but not my first MMORPG.

It changed so drastically that I gave it up when T2A came out, started playing UOX shards and eventually gave that up too. It's nice to come back once in a while and get on player run shards.

The game will never be the same with all of the different things now getting so far from the basics. Who cares to run a simple shop from their house in the hills? Do a mining run with a group of people to stay safe from some red murders? Now every shard is about spam bots and millionaires with transparent beetles and purple sandals or whatever is cool. heh, yea I sound like an old fart. ;)

josh223

Wanderer

I think I was in 7th grade and I also lived in New York. I've recently moved from New York to Houston. When I started it must've been around 1998 or 1999. That was nearly 10 years ago now, it's really hard to believe. I used to PvP all the time, I became one of the top 10 recognized pvpers on Test Center and then moved to UO Gateway when AOS was launched. Those were the good ol' days, they pretty much ruined UO for me anyway with the release of AOS .