UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Knives, Firearms and Archery Equipment

Argyle

Wanderer
Re: Knives and Firearms

Caine;356614 said:
Two shots center mass, nuff said.....

Within arms length, Benchmade automatic, diagonally from shoulder to hip.

Instant coma level shock.

With the right training, you actually can bring a knife to a gun fight...

dxmfixation

Wanderer

I like your taste in guns Argyle. I just picked up the XD45 13+1 in 5 inch. Black on black. Love it. Wasn't worried about concealed carry since it's my duty weapon. Although it seems the 4 inch compact could prolly be my next purchase with just that in mind.

Argyle

Wanderer

I dont kill for amusement aside from pixeled enemies.

I find that pretty despicable.

pahammar

Wanderer

The last mildly frightening thing of beauty I bought was a trijicon sight with the DOC sight on top for mount on an m-4 ... it is a beautifully crafted item that performs as well as it looks!........ It was for my Son who puts it to good use daily.:)

weapons where created to kill animals for food. Wastin gun on target practice and home def is despicable to me. Just because ur a good shot at the range doesnt mean you will be when it come to hunting or defending urself.

PS. i get to be a live test dummy for one of those swat training missions next weekend. Becuase of all the school shooting in the last few years, the police force that my friend works for is finally simulating shooters on a campus. I mean using profession airsoft style guns vs the swat is amazing. I loved playing paintball but facing people with strat will be crazy fun.

only down side is we only get pistols while they get to use fully auto tactical guns :< Ill just have to halo 1 there asses.

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin

prohunter33;359187 said:
Wastin gun on target practice and home def is despicable to me.

Yeah, no one should practice, we should all just assume we will hit the target, or take pot shots at game and hope we hit it until we become good shots. Personally I have more respect for the animals I hunt then that. If I shoot at something it will be dead as quickly and painlessly as possible.

As for home defense, if someone enters your home with the intent to kill you and they have a gun and you don't you are shit out of luck unless you get really lucky or they are really dumb.

DROGADICTO

Sorceror

I used to hunt when I was younger (14-18 yo), using a 28 Ga. Sarasqueta (Spanish) that belonged to my grandpa, I loved that shotgun!

Every animal that I killed I ate, with my dad and one of his friends that used to hunt with us. Killing animals just for fun is lame.

Since the disarming started here in Brazil I haven't shot a single round, but yea, I still got my gandpa's shotgun in perfect conditions. :)

Argyle

Wanderer

Caine;359189 said:
Yeah, no one should practice, we should all just assume we will hit the target, or take pot shots at game and hope we hit it until we become good shots. Personally I have more respect for the animals I hunt then that. If I shoot at something it will be dead as quickly and painlessly as possible.

As for home defense, if someone enters your home with the intent to kill you and they have a gun and you don't you are shit out of luck unless you get really lucky or they are really dumb.

EXACTLY.

Did this guy above you really say "wasting" guns on target practice and defense, and that firearms were created to hunt?

You need a history lesson. Firearms were CREATED as WARFARE WEAPONS. Once the other more practical uses for them in times of peace became apparent, then people began hunting with them, but it was MANY years down the road, because the first firearms were incredibly inaccurate and were shot in volleys at HUMANS.

If you intend on having a weapon for self defense you SURE AS SHIT better practice with it, much like the exercise you are participating in...no practice means no performance.

I guess cars were invented just to carry us around, and race cars and test laps are just stupid...

Get real.

Caine

Ended up going with the XD45 black on black 4" with compact grip. Looked at the 5" and it was just too damn long for effective concealed carry in my opinion. Can't wait to get it "safety inspected" which basically means registered, so I can start carrying and shooting it.

I went with a Galco stow n' go holster as well for concealment. I love the fact that all XD's now come with the case, and the gear.

Argyle

Wanderer

Keep an eye out on springfieldarmory.com...they do two 13rd magazines and a mag pouch for $50 every few months as a special. Helluva deal.

If I see if I will remind ya, and if you see it first let me know =)

Argyle

Wanderer

Bah, finally found this old thread:

Get any cool new toys lately Caine?

Here's my latest score:

Savage 93V17, blue bull barrel, synthetic in .17 HRM. 6x18 scope made for the round so its super easy to adjust to yardage/windage. Bi-pod.

I shot a dime at 100yds (easy, first shot), a nickel at 150 (two shots), a quarter at 200 (3 shots), and a silver dollar at 275-300yds (4 shots). It put a hole through all of them. The last two were a bear.

Neat gun, cheap, but the bullets are really light so wind affects them a ton.

Figured I would share if you wanted a good paper puncher, or needed to turn some small creatures into pink clouds.

Caine

I have the same 17HMR, bought mine like 3 years ago though so it doesn't have the accutrigger :( they are fun to shoot and flat as all get out. I shot a wood chuck with it last year, does pretty well for the smaller varmints.

Edit: Forgot, it is scoped with a 6-24x scope with a 50mm objective lens. Works great.

Muggz

Sorceror

I get my knives for work from Nella cause they like to bring me a newly sharpened set every 2 weeks.

Argyle

Wanderer

The accutrigger at 2.5lbs is pretty nice, might be worth the money to trade and upgrade.

Damn 24x50mm. Mine is 18x40mm and Im not sure I can hold still enough to shoot much further.

Found a favorite ammo yet? For sub-100yd shots, the 20gr from CCI is pretty flat. Past that Ive been using the Hornady 17gr V-Max. Havent shot the Winchester polymer tpis i bought yet (heard the bullet is manufacturers in the same facility as Hornady's, just a color change...dunno about powder/primer)

As far as knifes, I just bought this:

Kershaw JYD II with Composite Blade (softer steel spine, super tough D2 tool steel edge)...

Caine

I bought a big box of the 17gr CCI and I haven't gone through it all yet. I don't get to shoot nearly as much as I would like to. I shoot my XD more than anything jsut to stay proficient since it is my self defense piece.

jrhather

Wanderer

Muggz;436082 said:
I get my knives for work from Nella cause they like to bring me a newly sharpened set every 2 weeks.
FW i used to do that too. You in Toronto?

Muggz

Sorceror

saskatoon, sk we get the nella out of BC currently right now. same company as the toronto one but abit fast but yea... new knives all the time is nice