UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Good Day Demise

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: Good Day Demise

"Nah," Speedy gives way to a very slight smile. "No need to own one. Respect Mr. Vik for taking on the responsibility, but all I really need is a'place to rest my head an a little food in m'stomach as close t'daily as possible." Speedy brushes the broom over the floor a couple times and appends "I respect Mr. Vik... s'hard work."

Bjorg

Wanderer

Aye, it is... an honest day's work. I don't care a lot for being indoors all the time, so a job such as this doesn't suit me. I enjoy the opportunities for travel that scouting provides. And it pays pretty well too! *smiles*

*sipping the tea*

You ever venture into Khaldun, Speedy?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Converse to his slowed before for the previous questions, Speedy looks directly down at the floor and sweeps a few times faster than before. "No, sir - I don't venture around too many areas. Like t'keep m'head on m'shoulders at all costs."

Bjorg

Wanderer

That's pretty smart Lad, you'll live longer that way! *smiles*

Standing up and stretching, Kimimaru says, "Well, I must be on my way. It was nice meeting you. And you also Vic, you should quit working so hard and chat more." *chuckles*

Kimimaru takes a few steps and then seems to vanish before your eyes. Only the door to the tavern swinging closed gives witness to his passing.

*watches as Kimimaru leaves, disappointed he couldn't stay for his cup of tea*

Ahh well Speedy what are we to do? People coming and going is part of our business eh? Good job with that broom, why don't you take a break and have some breakfast? I have hot cakes on the griddle and fresh maple from the trees out back.

A good week this'll be Speedy. There is something in the air, do you feel it?

*looks around at the walls of the tavern and return his gaze to Speedy*

Hmm....it seems the cobwebs are disappearing fast around here.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

"Sounds great, sir." Speedy returns his broom to a corner behind the bar and grabs a plate. A quick pass by the griddle yeilds 2 hotcakes and a small cup with syrup. "You gunna eat, sir?"

*smiles at Speedy*

There is too much for me to do my friend. You eat, I'll enjoy it more that way. These old bones have taken enough from the world as it is, better that it goes to the youth.

*returns to the counter and mixes up more batter.*

With a bit 'o luck we'll have some patronage to join us for breakfast.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Usually one to mind his manners, Speedy replies with a mouth full of hotcake "ya sir, thantm be rmeal niceff"

Bjorg

Wanderer

*suddenly the door of the tavern cracks open and a familiar face pops in through the crack*

Do I smell hotcakes?!! exclaims Wrongway.

*seeing Speedy with a fork halfway to his mouth holding a piece of pancake, Wrongway throws the door full open and hurries over to the table.*

*Dragging up a chair and wearing a smile as big as a dinner plate*

That smells GREAT, Vic! I'll have some of them!

Hey by the way, did you get my care package I sent ya?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Speedy smiles big, looking like a chipmunk in spring. He nods and tries to choke down some of the hotcake. "'ey thar wrongmnay"

Bjorg

Wanderer

Howdy Speedy! How ya doin? Got yurself a good breakfast there, I see.

So anything exciting happen while I was gone?

Come on Vic, can't those hotcakes cook any faster! I'm starved! Don't think I've had a decent meal in a week! That hard tack I live on when I'm on the trail, just doesn't seem to measure up to a fresh batch of griddle cakes.

*a grin appears across Vic's face as Wrongway enters the tavern.*

Hail friend! We did receive the car package and it is in the back for prep. It should make a most excellent piece to serve later.

*carries Wrongway over a platter with hot cakes and accompanies it with a container of syrup*

Please, enjoy. So where have your travels taken you?

*looks inqusitively at Wrongway*

Bjorg

Wanderer

*beams at Vic and the newly arrived pancakes*

Ah, thanks Vic! Can ye bring me an ale to wash these down with? They look like they'll stick to me ribs, but don't want 'em sticking in me throat before they get there!

*pouring some of the syrup on the hot pancakes, Wrongway scoops up a fork full and pushes them in his mouth*

*looking as if he just woke up next to the most beautiful bar wench in Britain*

Ohhhh... those are sooooo good! *savoring each bite as he chews*

*Looking back over at Vic*

Where've I been? Well now... I was out hunting the other day, when Kimimaru popped up out of no where... I just don't know how he does that. Seems to be able to walk without making a sound and appear right beside you before you even know there is anyone within miles.

Anyway, I was out hunting... and I had bagged that buck I sent ya. I thought to me self, I bet Victor could really do something if he had meat like this, so when old pointy ears, Kimi, popped up out of no where, I gave it to him to bring to you.

While I was talking to Kimi he told me about some rascals who have been causing trouble at the Brit Moongate. Seems there is a new group of thieves in town, and they are picking the pockets of some of our good citizens. I took a trip down there to check it out.

I didn't run into any of those rascals, but I did talk to some of their victims. Seems like they are mostly pulling off little jobs. Lifting a few coin here, and some reagents there. Some of the local ruffians were complaining that they were stealing their healing potions and arrows out of their quivers. When they tried to retaliate against the thieves for stealing from them, they found their quivers empty! *chuckles*

Now that is a funny one... I got a good laugh out of that. I don't like those theiving rascals one bit, but I have to admire a person with a sense of humor like that. Those theives could have cleaned out their coin purses, but they took their arrows! *chuckles* Like stealing the fangs from a rattlesnake's mouth.

One of the vicitms said they heard a couple of the rascals talking in the forest. Seems they are a part of a group called RobU. Has anyone heard of them?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Halfway through the story Speedy held his breath and gulped down a large bit of food. Breakfast wasn't so enjoyable listening to Wrongway's story, but at the sound of RobU, his shoulders relaxed and he shoved another big bite into his mouth. "Newp, never hearduvem."

Bjorg

Wanderer

*noticing Speedy almost choke on a pancake, and not noticing any correlation to his story*

Careful there Lad! I know these are mighty tasty, but ye gotta chew 'em first! *passes him an ale* Here... chase it with that... will help it slide down better.

Bjorg

Wanderer

Say, Speedy... I was thinkin of going looking for the hideout of these RobU fellers. Could I interest you in riding along with me? I could use an extra pair of sharp eyes with me. I'll be heading into Felluca. I heard someone tracked the bandits north of Britain to the mountain pass. They lost the trail in the hard rock of the pass. I recon they probably have a hideout in the valley that lies beyond somewhere.

Whadya say lad? I'll pay ye 500 gold for riding with me, plus, ye can keep any loot ye might get from any monsters we might kill.

*waits for Speedy to respond*

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Speedy takes the ale and then stares blankly into Wrongway's eyes with the mug to his lips. "Uh.. I don't think so, sir... I ain't dun anything like that before. 'Sides, I have some chores around here ..."

*brings Wrongway an Ale as requested*

Here ye go my friend, none better to go with hot cakes.

Hmm....theives....I have always had mixed dealings with them. I remember back in my early days a theif lifted my boat key, this was before I even knew you could cast the recall spell on it, heck I probably couldn't even cast recall at that point. That theif had my boat docked and gone before I knew what hit me...

However, another theif had been watching nearby and the fella ended up tricking me into taking his boat! I tried for years to pay him back but it never worked out for me. We ended up forging a great friendship though that lasts to this day. Even though our contact these days is few and far between.

*looks over to Speedy*

Sounds like dangerous work but you are welcome to go if you crave the adventure. I am sure Wrongway would keep you safe enough.

*glances at Wrongway*

I am not mistaken in that, I am sure.

Bjorg

Wanderer

*Nods at Victor*

Of course! You'll not be in any real danger. Those thieves will run if confronted, and the monsters won't be any problem. Nothing worse than a gargoyle in that valley.

Besides, I'm a very good healer. I can practically raise the dead with my bandages.

Sure you don't want to come along? Could be very profitable!

You'll be back here in the tavern sweeping the floors before the dust even settles.