UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Tamer Balance

How should taming be balanced?

• Remove bonding

Votes: 237 17.0%
  • Reduce pet speed

Votes: 138 9.9%
  • Reduce pet damage

Votes: 182 13.0%
  • Heavier bonded pet skill loss

Votes: 145 10.4%
  • Remove recall with bonded pets

Votes: 193 13.8%
  • Its fine how it is

Votes: 822 58.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark said:
No one likes fighting groups of 4 or 5 tamers.. especially when there is no risk of losing pets or reward for killing them.

I am sorry I havent got the time right now to read all the thread, and I know the changers are made m8 :) (wish I didnt have to work irl LOL)

I do have to say however, that the people fighting Tamers are mostly Reds after kills or what ever, thats fine, however when your a single tamer and you do kill a red what do you get in reward? Zip nil nothing they carry nothing worth getting.

To make a Red on here takes what? and afternoons macroing, to make a tamer takes a lill more + the wait of 7 days for the pets to bond etc. Tamers have to hunt in pack because they are sought out as easy kills by reds.

anyway just wanted to mention that :)

I am enjoying the shard, well done to all the staff involved!

Obe[IC] said:
I have to admit - what Tor said was right on the head. Which was one large reason why Pet Bonding was kept in the game. You'd have to counterbalance it with the fact tamers would then bitch about not having the Pre-UO:R style set of having a million dragons. Which would then counterset the skill sheets for pets. If you really wana go that far back. Tamers originally only tamed pets. ANY player could whore dragons if they spent a peasely 5k on one. And honestly - I'd hate to see how pvp turned out when every player on the shard had a 7x PowerHouse and 20+ pets to "back them up".You'd see the whole shard go to shit.

I'm in total love with this patch. My Peacer does nothing more than peace other peoples pets and kill them now ;p
Tryin to seperate the wheat from the chaff - See who's truely dedicated as a Tamer and who just wants to be a "get rich quick" schemer.
... how often in pre UO:R PvP did you see anyone with more than 2 dragons... seriously? For one there was the fact that when they die, they lose 15k worth of dragons, 2 - there was the old gate/attack/dispel trick. NOONE respects a tamer who uses their pets in PvP, and they get their come-uppance pretty quickly without bonding.

With two people, it's pretty easy to take a tamer down, then you kill all their shit for even trying to use them on you.

UOGSales

Wanderer
Easy Solution

No offense to King Mark but the poll is retarded.. all the tamers are gunna vote 'fine as is' and the other people are going to spread their votes around the other options..

'Fine as is' is the democratic party
Other options are Republican and a shitload of Republican Based 3rd party candidates.

Remove the fine as is option and start the poll over...
If u like the taming system JUST DONT VOTE!

Here is MY solution to the taming problem.

Kill all the tamers and feast upon the corpses of their pets.

Much <3
-a leet sauce
-Captain Hero

LongBullet

Wanderer
You know, I just voted for heavier skill loss, but now I take it back. I think that it should be that pets just can't be used against players. Taming was never a skill for PvP, it just wasn't intended that way. Taming was a PvM skill. Right up until factions, pets were not thought of as good ways to PvP. Anyways, who wants to waste about 10 nightshade/black pearl and two mana burns just to kill a bonded mare when it's just going to be ress'ed for the cost of 1 or 2 bandages.

Let's look at the Advantages and Disadvatages of taking off player vs pet:

Advantage - No more n0obed out red "pk" tamers. Theres even an apron that says All Kill = No Skill.. What more do you need?
- No more faction runs with like 5 or 6 gm tamers, all with thier very own Mare and Dragon combo. This is deffinitally not fair, watching 5 tamers knock off like 10 enemy factioners.
- No more whining. I can't stand tamers who gank with 2 pets and talk shit over my dead corpse. I can usually take a 2 on 1 with enough pots (hah) and this no0b just sayed all kill and thinks he's the shit? I can't take it.

Disadvantages - No more Red PK's. Uhmmm, you know, I think that I can live without them. Being red shows that you have skill in killing people, it shouldn't show you spent a bunch of time training your taming, then saying all kill 5 times to go red. This is BS, imo.

This post is kind of old, maybe I can stir it up enough to do something. Oh well, I put in my two cents.

P.S. Shit I forgot what I was going to say, but it was important, so watch out.

van el fanel

Wanderer
i voted for harder gains.. but this is way to hard with sux a huge loss each time...as for factions.. isnt there a thing on factions that if u get enough points u can use the monster protection? therefore making tamed creatures useless in factions? shit id see tamers reallly drop like flies when factions and shoot even red factions use this.. soo ever red was in a faction and tamers really couldnt do anything to them when a red would roll up on a spawn and attack

Wow GM Tor everyone now sees how you see things....one sided. You see tamers only as pvp. OPEN YOUR EYES MOST ARE PVM!!!!!! BAH letting pets run after reds, bah remove bonding to weed out the not so good tamers at pvp, bah go ahead and just make this shard what it is becoming already. STRICTLY PVP ONLY! Actually that should be on the description of the shard on uogateway. If you dont want to pvp go to hell because we dont care, play it our way or no way! Pathetic.....Just my opinion :)

NOT the majority

Tor said:
It blows me away that this thread is winning to "its fine how it is"
It isn't, though. Only about 45% of the people who voted said it's fine how it is, the other 55% or so are just spread out amongst the options you guys have come up with for a fix. This means that the majority is against leaving it how it is, they just dont know which way they'd like to see it fixed. I say reset the poll, and add the option of remove bonding AND followers limit, as well as maybe a few other potential fixes that people have named on this thread. Also, remove the potential poll answers that got very little votes, since it's kind of obvious that those aren't going through. As to not leave the workload entirely up to you guys as far as coming up with ways to fix it, I've thought of a few ideas that might be a start, and compiled a few of the ideas of other people.
-Remove bonding + followers limit (seems to be popular)
-Controlled loyalty drops for attacking players
-Remove bonding for factions (maybe chaos/order, too)
-Pets unbond for a certain time after attacking a player (my favorite)
-Leave recalling w/pets in, but deny it if you/your pet are in combat
These are just a few ideas, but I'm sure we could get something rolling if the poll was redone in light of the current debates on this thread. Thanks for listening to my long post.

DaGongeKid

Sorceror
To all this ya know what i think my self Remove bonded pets No recallen with you all that shit im a tamer and yeah its gay... who cares if a pk kills ur pet not that hard to tame a new one...
- 1 this will bring the value of the mare up a bit more...3k or what ever is shit why half of us dont sell em....
-2 if we make this change only if... we should then remove the taming slots be cause my self as a pk it is simple to kill a tamer and most of u should agree evan if u suck...
-3 the slot sytem sucks people make tamery for money... any one can easily make a tamer too so they shouldnt bitch about tamer.

Hopfully you re set it to the old school way i liked it that way not so bad to farm gold but still easy to be killed
only winning babies feel tamers bars and what not were over powering
I say Good! go make one then if ya think so no ones stopping you

Wait wait wait... the real problem (part 2)

The real problem isnt the taming skill. If you want to change it, then just take it out. The thought of taming is exactly what it is now: you train a skill to control the actions of animals and monsters. If you could control a dragon irl, and you said "hey you, go kill that rapist", how lame would it be if it just turned towards it and casted ma's on him. If, when this giant monster went to hit him, he just swung his giant claw of a hand at him and missed. Comon!
Tamers are also NOT overpowered. The problem is BOLAS! Think about it. Theres you and a tamer, 1v1. If you know how to pvp, you may (should) be able to kill him, but you should definately not die. You could at least run. Ok. That said, imagine that you come across 5 enemy mages. Most players can run and recall, surviving that with enough pots and pouches. Now, imagine 5 enemy mages and a tamer. Same result. You should survive that the way you did the previous 2 situations. What the difference maker is is BOLAS! Throw bolas into any of those situations, and you should die. When an enemy tamer with 2 mares bolas you, its close to game-set-match (ok i know, non-etheral mounts, remounting and running. tamer should targ and kill horse.). 5 mages and bolas, you should also die.
What does this mean? NERF BOLAS! OMGEESE! I mean, many say that "dexxers r gimps! 0 skillz!" And, some say "mages are easy! no skill!". Yet, everyone seems to think that tamers dont take any skill at all. Think about it. Most pvp mages use the 5 and mess around with the 2 left over skills. If a tamer wants to be a good "tamer", he needs 3 skills right there (vet, lore, taming). Without vet, one group can come by and kill the mare, making you go and res it and having it take the skill hit. So, the tamer either drops resist, wres or eval... those are the only options. So either no resist (easy to kill with magery), no wres (dexers will tear them up), or no eval (para creature... no offensive threat). So it takes just about as much strategy as "reflect, precasted ex, nox, eb" or whatever you use. (I first wrote skill... then realised there really isnt skill, just strategy.) So... in closing, I feel that taming shouldnt be touched... but mess bolas up! Make them like... BOLAS OF DEATH and kill the thrower! *shrugs* Or, make resist/tactics/parry able to deflect/stop them. I dont know. Or, just take them out. Something.
Is that just me?

LongBullet

Wanderer
If you could control a dragon irl, and you said "hey you, go kill that rapist", how lame would it be if it just turned towards it and casted ma's on him.

If you could control a dragon irl, ------------ no. stfu plz k thx

casted ma's on him -------------------- wtfuck? when does a drag cast ma's on anyone?

All Kill = No Skill It's a skill that newbs use to make them think they can kill people. My irl friend just joined this shard, and he made tamer as his first char. He already killed a few reds, that i know, were decent pvpers. How? I'll tell ya. "All Kill" + Para. No. FUCK TAMING. Read my above post, it makes it pretty clear what i want :)

st1n63r

Wanderer
Changing tamers......

Sorry for a late response to the change to tamers on this server, but I think that it's CRAP.
Everyday, almost everywhere, reds GANK with 2 or more on a normal bases. Who do they attack first? Yes, the tamer. Duh! Well, since the change in pets has been implemented, pets are stupid, slow, and useless in help keeping their masters alive, etc. Tamers have no chance to even hurt 1 freaking "ganker" before dying to "SYNCHRONIZED" attacks. Yes, those of you using synchronizing programs, and you know who you are, SUCK. If a program to do all the work for you is what you have to do to boost your egos by killing in a video game, then your living a pathetic life and you need to make your own servers and move along. Anyways, since the change to our pets, we have no chance to survive in the field since the player u counter attack is not getting touched till after he/she has dumped all their mana on the tamer. The sad thing is, most tamers are used for PVM to make money, NOT PVP and it has been stated by the many who just don't want to make a tamer that these changes had to go in effect, but if you were actually going by the polls taken, IT STATED THE OBVIOUS OF WHAT MOST PLAYERS WANTED. You asked us and the response was "leave it the way it is". Just FYI

BTW TinkerBell and whoever the other follower is, you suck, but this can go 2 ways!

selo

Wanderer
Broken said:

casted ma's on him -------------------- wtfuck? when does a drag cast ma's on anyone?

All Kill = No Skill It's a skill that newbs use to make them think they can kill people. My irl friend just joined this shard, and he made tamer as his first char. He already killed a few reds, that i know, were decent pvpers. How? I'll tell ya. "All Kill" + Para. No. FUCK TAMING. Read my above post, it makes it pretty clear what i want :)

Worst argument ever. Please let the older people talk this one out. You can watch if you want, just don't get involved and jeopardise humanity's intelligence.

-Abm :)

ke6960

Wanderer
wtf is with people complaining all the fucking time waaa tamers are too strong waaa if everytime someone wined and cryed about something u changed it they would still get there asses kicked by the better players its not a matter of "tamers are too strong" or "mages are too strong" or "magic wepons are too strong" or "bollas whatever" its all part of the game every thing has a way to be fought against u just gotta figure it out..... dont be a pansie and go to the forums and wine and cry and get something changed just because u cant do anything against it...... learn to be a better player

Broken... hoenstly... are you kidding me!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken

All Kill = No Skill It's a skill that newbs use to make them think they can kill people. My irl friend just joined this shard, and he made tamer as his first char. He already killed a few reds, that i know, were decent pvpers. How? I'll tell ya. "All Kill" + Para. No. FUCK TAMING. Read my above post, it makes it pretty clear what i want

The whole point of what i said was that the idea of taming is exactly how it's used. To make it anything less would ruin the idea of the skill.
Honestly, i have an idea. We should make it so that tamers can ONLY tame rabbits! That way, broken may survive the 1 tamer with 2 pets gank for an extra 2 mins. That was pathetic Broken.

Also, you claim your "friend" killed a few "decent pvper reds" with "'All kill' + Para." Ummm ok. First of all, if you die to para, its your own fault. So, if the reds didnt have the common sense to bring pouches, then they may not be that decent at pvp. If you die to something that you couldve prevented, its your fault.

Taming involves choosing a template. Bolas require nothing. Hmm...

Nemesis7687

Wanderer
now the skill gaining on pets is too slow in my opinion i could care less about spawn times and lower dmg its taking forever to raise my mares skills again :(

van el fanel

Wanderer
i hear ya on that... i cant gain anything fast enough ti make up for thier deaths in training.i dont mind heavy losses but when u cant gain them back it pisses ya off

Wrath Child

Sorceror
you know i actually went out hunting/training last night with a few of my "newer" bonded pets.... ran into a few reds told em to back off dont want to run the risk of pets attacking because you know if you do attack someone the pets already are going to mount on to the attack (mares = extremely protective even without telling them "all guard") so the red quietly left and did not bother to attack.. now it strikes me odd that many of the people complain that pets are entirely too strong and their spells do entirely do too much damage well be that as it may it would be the same principal if you looked at the mage template.. you add a few skills you dont ever use again to boost the damage multiplyer on certain spells or add a few more rounds to magic reflection.. here is my suggestion.. quit complaining learn some stratagy.. the complaining about tamers is getting about old.. when mages are still in what i can still tell more over powered than tamers.. good evening and good day to you all

Status
Not open for further replies.